Page 86 of 97 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1452
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I ordered a TPB from the first time from a third party seller on Amazon.
    Do these orders get more time to be delievered that just ordering from Amazon?
    In the product info it says that is going to be delievered from the start of the month to the end of the month.So with me just knowing it will be delievered in that window of time is surprising.
    They say that the third party seller may have a tracking number if i contact them but i don´t want to be sending e-mails to them because i bought the book on the amazon web site.
    Delivery dates from the amazon marketplace can be vague. It can depend on the seller and its policies. I once ordered two Omnis from the same seller the same day and there was a 3-4 weeks delivery difference between the two books. What's the name of the seller btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Not sure about Amazon specifically but the mail may be slower overall right now. I ordered a few books from IST like 2 1/2 weeks ago (free shipping) and I'm still waiting for it, and I'm in the US.
    Yes, I'm waiting on three IST orders. Their delivery times seem to have exye8nded. This definitely could be due to the Christmas period.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Delivery dates from the amazon marketplace can be vague. It can depend on the seller and its policies. I once ordered two Omnis from the same seller the same day and there was a 3-4 weeks delivery difference between the two books. What's the name of the seller btw?
    Did not knew that. I thought the delivery time was not that much different from buying from Amazon.
    The name of the seller is world of books, looking forward to get this book.
    It was the last copy of Marvel Fanfare: Strange Tales TPB. Looking forward to get the first seven stories of this classic comic book in the TPB.
    I just find out recently about this TPB, I knew the comic book from way back, but did not know that it had a TPB.
    I had just bought from Amazon, but the amazon marketplace is interesting because I find out about other online bookshops that i did not knew.

Did not knew that. I thought the delivery time was not that much different from buying from Amazon.
    It was the last copy of Marvel Fanfare: Strange Tales TPB. Looking forward to get the first seven stories of this classic comic book in the TPB.
    I just find out recently about this TPB, I knew the comic book from way back, but did not know that it had a TPB.
    I had just bought from Amazon, but the amazon marketplace is interesting because I find out about other online bookshops that i did not knew.
    oh no....
    okay not to rain on your parade but World of books is one of the worst sellers when it comes to packaging. I can't remember if I had any orders from them not arriving but they usually just chuck the books in nylon bags without any protection.
    So just prepare yourself.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    oh no....
    okay not to rain on your parade but World of books is one of the worst sellers when it comes to packaging. I can't remember if I had any orders from them not arriving but they usually just chuck the books in nylon bags without any protection.
    So just prepare yourself.
    Appreciate the info about the packaging. I just ordered another TPB this time directly from Amazon and another one from the Book Depository to let me forget about that book because the delivery might take a while. So this way I will be getting new comic books in the meantime and I will not be just waiting for that book that might just be delivered almost at the end of the month.

On the positive side, my orders from WoB have all been absolutely fine.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I ordered a couple of books from World... a few years back. I was also not too impressed by their packaging and quality of the books in question. They may have upped their standards. Here's hoping yours will be ok. Some sellers are totally fine. If you see something you're interested in, post a question as to the seller's rep. on this thread and I'm sure someone will be able to answer as to their past experience(s)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I ordered a couple of books from World... a few years back. I was also not too impressed by their packaging and quality of the books in question. They may have upped their standards. Here's hoping yours will be ok. Some sellers are totally fine. If you see something you're interested in, post a question as to the seller's rep. on this thread and I'm sure someone will be able to answer as to their past experience(s)
    I will be asking in this thread next time for sure.
    But with the Marvel Fanfare:Strange Tales TPB i just bought it right away because it was the last copy and i had never even seen that TPB for sale before.

Got home today to find that my next TWD HC had arrived. Leaning against my front door, opened... Thankfully the book was still inside and undamaged. Nonetheless, I wasn't especially happy!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I will be asking in this thread next time for sure.
    But with the Marvel Fanfare:Strange Tales TPB i just bought it right away because it was the last copy and i had never even seen that TPB for sale before.
    I totally understand you whiteshark. I probably would also have jumped at the chance if I saw one copy of a collected edition I was after. I've done it in the past when I'd seen only two or three copies left of a comic I wanted.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I've ordered TP where they shipped it in cardboard or bubble wrap and they always get damaged. Sometimes I get it pristine but they're rare. Eventually I decided to just go HC. The edges of the cover are still wrinkled a bit, but at least they don't bend and I end up forgetting about such small damage unless I really pay attention to it.

Spectacular Member

Amazon shipped my Super Sons Omnibus in the yellow bubble envelope. When will they learn?! Of course it arrived with a few dings, nothing too bad but still frustrating when this issue has been ongoing for years. Managed to get a partial refund at least.

All-New Member

Last week I received a package from Bookdepository, the package was completely damaged (1 side was open). To make matters worse, I ordered 4 books but the package contained only 1 book.

24 hours after contacting the customer support and answering some security questions, they confirmed that the 3 books that were not in the package were going to be sent again (without extra cost).

Great customer support if you ask me

Incredible Member

I've been lucky so far my last two orders were Brave & The Bold Omnibus and Swamp Thing Bronze Age Omnbus from Amazon and they arrived damage free wrapped in plastic bubble with packing pellets.

Astonishing Member

I recieved today a TPB from Amazon (Sold from another shop) that was Marvel Fanfare:Strange Tales and another TPB by Book depository that was Immortal Hulk:Vol1.
    The TPB from Amazon but sold from a shop in their marketplace came in a poly bag.I bought it in second hand for a cheap price.So the conditions was so so,but being a second hand copy it´s always a surprise the conditions of the books.The delievery time was not bad,considerating i bought the book in the web site between the Christmas and new year hollydays.
    And the TPB from BD was in great condition,this TPB was a new one,the delievery time was so so,but again i guess buying books in the hollidays is prone to make the deliveries take more time.