Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1452
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LukasGesquiere View Post
    Last week I received a package from Bookdepository, the package was completely damaged (1 side was open). To make matters worse, I ordered 4 books but the package contained only 1 book.
    Was the package big enough for all 4 books? Book Depository has a habit of sending only one book per package, even when the order is for multiple books. Out of the many orders I have placed with them, I would say that only about 10% of the time have they shipped all the items in the one package.

All-New Member

Yes it was, they confirmed that all the books were in the same package. And seeing how the package arrived (completely damaged) I guess the other books were removed or have fallen out

Astonishing Member

I recieved recently Batman:The Dark Knight Detective Vol:1 from Amazon.uk in a warehouse clearence deals.
    The discription said large damage on the cover,to me the damage is minor.So i got the book almost new with a good price due the discount of the warehouse clarence deal.

Spectacular Member

Has anyone had experience trying to get a replacement for a third party item on amazon that was fulfilled by amazon?
    I ordered a copy of Scud: the disposable assassin yesterday with their £5 off deal and the book arrived damaged. Third party seller said refunds and replacements have to go through amazon which I get considering it was picked and shipped from an amazon warehouse but amazon is just pointing the finger back at the seller and saying at best they can offer a refund and it’s not their fault it arrived damaged from their website. Amazon T&C’s say that fulfilled by amazon orders are covered by Amazon’s refund and exchange policy so I should be within my right to get a replacement from them right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    Has anyone had experience trying to get a replacement for a third party item on amazon that was fulfilled by amazon?
    I ordered a copy of Scud: the disposable assassin yesterday with their £5 off deal and the book arrived damaged. Third party seller said refunds and replacements have to go through amazon which I get considering it was picked and shipped from an amazon warehouse but amazon is just pointing the finger back at the seller and saying at best they can offer a refund and it’s not their fault it arrived damaged from their website. Amazon T&C’s say that fulfilled by amazon orders are covered by Amazon’s refund and exchange policy so I should be within my right to get a replacement from them right?
    Was it picked at an Amazon warehouse though? I do not believe Amazon keeps third party merchandise on hand. They actually ship from the third party, but I could be mistaken.

I will say, Amazon has some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with. Honestly, I would take the refund and leave the third party a review detailing how they shipped a damaged item.

Hopefully you can find an undamaged copy elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Was it picked at an Amazon warehouse though? I do not believe Amazon keeps third party merchandise on hand. They actually ship from the third party, but I could be mistaken.

I will say, Amazon has some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with. Honestly, I would take the refund and leave the third party a review detailing how they shipped a damaged item.

Hopefully you can find an undamaged copy elsewhere.
    if he could use the £5 off coupon it must have been sold by amazon. I tried to use it on a warehouse deal and it didn't work for me tho. Weird.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Has anyone ordered anything from "Cookmarket" from the amazon.co.uk marketplace?

They occasionally have Used - Like New - **Minor shelf-wear to dust cover, may also have some creases to cover corners/edges**

I was wondering what those possible creases to cover corners/edges might look like.

This is a bit of a QC question. Seeing other people interested in the 'Bone Full Color One Volume Ed.' pushed me to order it in the recent sale. But the entire book detached from the spine and was torn from the end sheets. You can see it in the image here.

I can blame the damage on international shipping, but it only looks like it had 2 tiny slivers of glue attaching the block to the spine to begin with. Has anyone had any problems with a recently purchased copy?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    This is a bit of a QC question. Seeing other people interested in the 'Bone Full Color One Volume Ed.' pushed me to order it in the recent sale. But the entire book detached from the spine and was torn from the end sheets. You can see it in the image here.

I can blame the damage on international shipping, but it only looks like it had 2 tiny slivers of glue attaching the block to the spine to begin with. Has anyone had any problems with a recently purchased copy?
    Mine arrived 2 days ago in almost exactly the same bad condition (Superman Golden Age Vol. 6 Omnibus was ok). The only difference with mine is that it's holding on to the back board cover by the last page. The box also had some squashed corners and tears. I wrote a polite email to customer service about how very badly damaged it was and what should I do. They replied a few hours later and told me to keep the damaged copy and they put in a new order for me.

It's s bit worrying as they seem to have a batch of damaged copies. I'll see what the replacement copy looks like when it arrives and post an update.

I'm sorry that happened to your copy too. A small tip I can suggest is, Amazon let's you change the shipping for replacement copies for free. So if its not too late, you can upgrade to faster shipping. It might reduce the chance of damage.

I'm sorry that happened to your copy too. A small tip I can suggest is, Amazon let's you change the shipping for replacement copies for free. So if its not too late, you can upgrade to faster shipping. It might reduce the chance of damage.
    It's not your fault Joe. I feel bad for both of us. Customer service informed me that they upgraded the replacement to faster shipping in their reply. Let's hope we get decent replacements.

My Bone Full Color One Volume HC replacement from Amazon.com arrived yesterday. This time it was sealed and only had one squashed corner on the box/slipcase which I unsquashed as best as I could. The book inside is also not falling apart but in perfect nick. I'll turn a blind eye to the slightly squashed corner and use the damaged book as a reading copy as well as for my kids.

I really believe they initially sent me an already damaged or previously returned copy.

Raffi, glad it worked out. Does your copy have a glued spine or does it lift, like sewn-binding?
    The promotional images show it as glued, but my damaged copy I'm replacing didn't have glue.

Raffi, glad it worked out. Does your copy have a glued spine or does it lift, like sewn-binding?
    The promotional images show it as glued, but my damaged copy I'm replacing didn't have glue.
    It very nicely lifts like a sewn-binding but seems glued if you know what I mean?

A couple of pics of the original damaged Bone Full Color One Volume HC I received from amazon.com: