Page 89 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1452

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Amazon. The box was held together by the tape Two damaged books.
    Attachment 97338Attachment 97339
    Update: Two packages later. Still no undamaged books. The second package was so damaged, that the Postal office taped it back together and said they couldn't be sure that the content was complete and undamaged. The third was the same as the first.
    Last edited by JPAR; 09-06-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Incredible Member

Man those are some horror stories, I've only ordered from Amazon as I didn't know of any other sources of where to order books and I've been lucky with the three Omnibus I've ordered from them in the past.

There's an omni coming out next year that I really want to get the DM cover for, but to get it locally would be prohibitively expensive (the equivalent of $150). I was looking at options likes IST or DCBS and it's not as expensive as I thought, even with international shipping. Even though it means paying up front, I'm inclined towards DCBS because it's a) slightly cheaper, and b) it's less of a gamble to get the cover I want.

However, I notice that IST gets mentioned more than DCBS in the Marvel and DC threads. So before I put an order in, I just want to check if there's any major difference in the service either company provides.

I'm guessing the main reason IST gets more chatter is because IST only sell what's in stock and the books people want can sell out quickly (especially these days). But before I press the order button, I just want to make sure there aren't any pitfalls that I'm missing.

Also, I'd welcome feedback anyone has on DCBS's packaging and international shipping. I figure as a sister company, it's probably similar to IST's, which I've heard great things about., but again, better safe than sorry.

Thanks!

The only difference between IST and DCBS I've had is the packing materials. Sometimes it's the "stay pack" foam or whatever it's called, sometimes full of the foam peanuts. But they both ship in well-protective boxes and the books wrapped together in bags. It's the same company as far as I know, but I live in the US so I can't comment on international shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    The only difference between IST and DCBS I've had is the packing materials. Sometimes it's the "stay pack" foam or whatever it's called, sometimes full of the foam peanuts. But they both ship in well-protective boxes and the books wrapped together in bags. It's the same company as far as I know, but I live in the US so I can't comment on international shipping.
    Thanks for this Hank. I've seen videos of IST's shipping for international customers, and it looks excellent. It looks a lot like Cheap-Comics packaging methods which can be best described as bomb proof . I'd guess DCBS's is the same as IST, especially if they're both similar for domestic shipments.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Thanks for this Hank. I've seen videos of IST's shipping for international customers, and it looks excellent. It looks a lot like Cheap-Comics packaging methods which can be best described as bomb proof . I'd guess DCBS's is the same as IST, especially if they're both similar for domestic shipments.
    I just placed my first order at Instocktrades with shipping to the Netherlands. I don't know when it will arrive, but I can tell you my experience when it does.

Thanks JPAR. I'm going to go ahead with DCBS. I'll check back in in about 7 months to let everyone know how it went.

Dazed and Confused

Default Amazon.fr Packaging

Hi, All,

Has anybody ever ordered an omnibus from Amazon.fr and, if so, how was their packaging?

Would an omnibus make it to me undamaged, or would it be the same crapshoot that Amazon.com is?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by WayneLW View Post
    Hi, All,

Has anybody ever ordered an omnibus from Amazon.fr and, if so, how was their packaging?

Would an omnibus make it to me undamaged, or would it be the same crapshoot that Amazon.com is?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers!
    I haven't had any experience with Amazon.fr myself - but from my experience with other Amazon branches, I'd say that their crappy packaging and handling of goods is universal.

Dazed and Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I haven't had any experience with Amazon.fr myself - but from my experience with other Amazon branches, I'd say that their crappy packaging and handling of goods is universal.
    Thanks!

That's what I fear. I might try ordering something smaller as a test.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Very pleased with Booksetc. I recently had two orders with them. The first was a Marvel Omnibus and a DC Deluxe OHC. The Omnibus had s slightly squashed corner and one of the page corners was incorrectly cut. They immediately sent me a replacement and the courier sent a label for a free return via the Polish post office. My second order contained the hefty Final Crisis Omnibus and another DC Deluxe OHC and they came in great nick. Oh and the packaging was very good. They get 10/10 for customer service and 9/10 for packaging. Definitely recommend them. As several have pointed out, one of the best options for Europeans with decent prices especially for DC books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Very pleased with Booksetc. I recently had two orders with them. The first was a Marvel Omnibus and a DC Deluxe OHC. The Omnibus had s slightly squashed corner and one of the page corners was incorrectly cut. They immediately sent me a replacement and the courier sent a label for a free return via the Polish post office. My second order contained the hefty Final Crisis Omnibus and another DC Deluxe OHC and they came in great nick. Oh and the packaging was very good. They get 10/10 for customer service and 9/10 for packaging. Definitely recommend them. As several have pointed out, one of the best options for Europeans with decent prices especially for DC books.
    Good to hear! So far I am very pleased with them (only one order so far) but I have spotted several other potential buys from them in the future.

Hurry up if you want to get some orders in at Booksetc and are not from the UK yourselves - because come January 1, it will be damn expensive and cumbersome...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Hurry up if you want to get some orders in at Booksetc and are not from the UK yourselves - because come January 1, it will be damn expensive and cumbersome...
    Oh yeah that's right. I haven't been keeping up with the whole Brexit thing for a while. The same goes for Book Depository, which I also use a lot.

Amazing Member

Why it will be expensive ?