Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47879394959697
Results 1,441 to 1,452 of 1452
    Incredible Member

Just received my Batman Brave & The Bold vol. 3 and am impressed with how well packed it was with lots of crumpled paper wads, it came from Cheap Graphic Novels via Amazon.

So far I've been lucky when ordering harcovers especially for Omnibus' that I haven't had a bad experience yet.

Incredible Member

I had a box of 6 books from the Target B2G1 sale and they shrink wrapped the lot to a piece of cardboard that was as wide as the box and filled the top of the box with lots of air bags.

But I also had a couple of Image DHCs arrive in a fold over cardboard box and a regular cardboard box and unfortunately those ended up with smashed edges. Usually the fold over cardboard is fine for one book but I think it was too big because of the unusual dimensions and heavy weight of the Image DHC.

I'm getting replacements from Target and I'm nervous those are going to come in the same box and slam around again.

Target is still miles better than Amazon though. Target is almost on par with IST as of late given the number of damaged books I'm getting from IST now that they don't do the foam blocks every time.

All-New Member

I placed an order with Cheap Graphic Novels on Black Friday and it’s been in processing since then. Anyone with a simlilar experience?

I placed 2 orders(from the Black Friday sale) with CGN on 11/26(literally within hours of the sale listing). They both arrived a week ago.

That's faster than they have been in the past(but for 80% off, I was happy to wait). In the past, I received the shipments in January.

The longest portion was processing. I went from processing to shipped in about a day(once things were pulled).

You are certainly still in the normal time frame for those sales.

Just giving some praise for Reed Comics in the UK again. I ordered the Daredevil by Soule omnibus and just like every big book I've ordered from them, it arrived brilliantly packaged and arrived completely undamaged.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Curious if anyone has experience ordering and dealing with customer service from dcbservice? I ordered one hardcover graphic novel from them and they sent me the wrong book (not even equal value). I’ve emailed them twice and haven’t heard a peep in over a week. Now the book I ordered is no longer listed on their site and pretty sure it’s oop (Witchblade Complete HC 01). Just curious if anyone else has experienced response time longer than a week?

I got an order from Organic Priced Books recently, and in it was a letter to USPS, having to explain how what's in the package is okay for media mail, as they are books without advertisements, unlike comics, which aren't covered for media mail.

I know USPS sometime opens media mail packages to see if someone is cheating or not, but I'm sure there must have been some overzealous employees who returned items thinking they weren't eligible. Must have sucked!

Incredible Member

Speaking of OPB, does anyone know how long they keep orders containing backorders alive before they cancel the backordered books?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MuckieMuck View Post
    Curious if anyone has experience ordering and dealing with customer service from dcbservice? I ordered one hardcover graphic novel from them and they sent me the wrong book (not even equal value). I’ve emailed them twice and haven’t heard a peep in over a week. Now the book I ordered is no longer listed on their site and pretty sure it’s oop (Witchblade Complete HC 01). Just curious if anyone else has experienced response time longer than a week?
    I emailed InStockTrades, the offshoot of DCBS in regards to back ordered items. I’m new with them but not DCBS, I emailed on the 8th and got a reply today. DCBS itself is pretty good about responses but they have been moving their operations back to wherever in Indiana and have made that fact known, and due to Covid and mandates they are behind in their shipping and response times. I’m pretty sure it may last a bit too. The blanket update I got from the comics side said as much. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    I emailed InStockTrades, the offshoot of DCBS in regards to back ordered items. I’m new with them but not DCBS, I emailed on the 8th and got a reply today. DCBS itself is pretty good about responses but they have been moving their operations back to wherever in Indiana and have made that fact known, and due to Covid and mandates they are behind in their shipping and response times. I’m pretty sure it may last a bit too. The blanket update I got from the comics side said as much. Good luck.
    Thanks. I just got a response back from them and they said they are 6 days behind on answering emails. Quick question since you said you have experience with DCBS, if I wanted to try that service out for monthly comics, do you have to manually place your pre order each month, or do they just send you what’s in your pull list automatically like a subscription? I’ve been looking up a lot of info about this and can’t find a straight answer. I sus the former. I found another shop called atomicempire who does the subscription model, I think. They seem to have the cheapest shipping since they are located closer to me.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MuckieMuck View Post
    Thanks. I just got a response back from them and they said they are 6 days behind on answering emails. Quick question since you said you have experience with DCBS, if I wanted to try that service out for monthly comics, do you have to manually place your pre order each month, or do they just send you what’s in your pull list automatically like a subscription? I’ve been looking up a lot of info about this and can’t find a straight answer. I sus the former. I found another shop called atomicempire who does the subscription model, I think. They seem to have the cheapest shipping since they are located closer to me.
    I have four orders from InstockTrades dating from January 15th to January 30th that have not been pulled or shipped. I got the same response to my email that they are moving their warehouse back to Indiana. At this point I cannot place any new orders from them until these have been shipped. I have placed several orders with CGN since that would have gone to Instock. They are losing my business and I am a little worried they are closing down and I will not see my books or my money.

Got the email earlier this week saying my Injustice omnibus had been sent via Yodel and my heart sank after never having a good experience with them. Checked the tracking this morning and it’s now set to undeliverable due to damage. Sounds about right