Default Was Pleasant Hill a wasted opportunity?

So Pleasant Hill was a prison where super villains were brainwashed into thinking they were regular people and it seemed like an interesting concept but it feels like it was wasted. I feel like so much could have been done with it like imagine if the program went rogue and Captain America was captured by it and he ended up like "sheriff" or whatever and fell in love with a super villainess like for example Madam Hydra or whoever.

I keep thinking it would be so good to see something like that like Cap and Madam Hydra are brainwashed and think their a happily married couple trying to have a kid or something else deeply personal and then they remember everything and it just is a emotional roller coaster for Cap like he questions his feelings for her and she starts to care for him but doesn't admit it. I just like the idea of something deeply personal happening like that.

I just feel like it was a wasted opportunity because I can see not only super villains but super heroes to all being brain washed and having relationships they never had before like Norman Osborn as like a father figure to Peter maybe, Reed Richards and Doom being best friends, that kind of stuff and I think it would be interesting if relationships like that developed naturally under the brainwashing not because of the brainwashing and if it did it'd be interesting to see how they'd react once brain washing was removed.

iMan 42s

It's not the first time something like it occurred, the idea has been and will be done again.

It was however wasted as a setting because all it was really meant to do was get Steve in contact with the cosmic cube girl and get turn into a Nazi for a year. So it's basically wasted because there is little reason for it to exist beyond Nick Spencer wanting to setup Secret Empire in an event comic.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Some amoral government entity is already attempting to recreate Pleasant Hill. Count on it. Btw, I wonder how Blizzard escaped the memory altering prison that Stark created for him; post Infinity Heist.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Some amoral government entity is already attempting to recreate Pleasant Hill.
    What they don't want anybody to know is that Pleasant Hill never ended.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    What they don't want anybody to know is that Pleasant Hill never ended.
    They went about it the right way. Gyrich probably slipped right in when no one was looking.