Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    What about this Super Sons book that Tomasi talked about to try to make up for the loss of the title. Or was it about the Blue Falcon and Dynomutt team up?
    When the news of Super Sons being cancelled broke, Tomasi ,besides stating he wasn't done yet with the boys, also said that there are "plans afoot that he can't share at this early juncture but you will be happy with the result- Super Sons lives"

https://twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/sta...46942525952000

While his use of "yer" instead of your in the subsequent tweets and the use of Daffy and Bug's picture seemed to hint at something Hannah-Barbara related, I don' t think he was only talking about the Blue Falcon/Dyno-Mutt special. When Tomasi mentioned the special a couple of days later, he called it "a little surprise to ease the temporary pain". The emphasis is mine.

https://twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/sta...98512523169793

So, my guess is that DC perhaps hit the pause button on both Supergirl and Super Sons and will either relaunch or put them on new teams after Man of Steel concludes.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rosawater View Post
    When the news of Super Sons being cancelled broke, Tomasi ,besides stating he wasn't done yet with the boys, also said that there are "plans afoot that he can't share at this early juncture but you will be happy with the result- Super Sons lives"

https://twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/sta...46942525952000

While his use of "yer" instead of your in the subsequent tweets and the use of Daffy and Bug's picture seemed to hint at something Hannah-Barbara related, I don' t think he was only talking about the Blue Falcon/Dyno-Mutt special. When Tomasi mentioned the special a couple of days later, he called it "a little surprise to ease the temporary pain". The emphasis is mine.

https://twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/sta...98512523169793

So, my guess is that DC perhaps hit the pause button on both Supergirl and Super Sons and will either relaunch or put them on new teams after Man of Steel concludes.
    It might be an educated guess one that could mean for all of DC's editorial's lack of wisdom they are trying key word trying to make sure they don't lose the momentum of the series. And since the lost is implied to be temporary that should ease some fears that Bendis is not going to keep his word and get rid of Jon. For now I can't see Jon working in a team setting because with Damian alone allows both characters to get top billing. Even if some of the earlier stories focused too much on Jon.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Amazing issue!!! So much fun and excitement packed in just 20 pages!!!
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

BANNED

It might be an educated guess one that could mean for all of DC's editorial's lack of wisdom they are trying key word trying to make sure they don't lose the momentum of the series. And since the lost is implied to be temporary that should ease some fears that Bendis is not going to keep his word and get rid of Jon. For now I can't see Jon working in a team setting because with Damian alone allows both characters to get top billing. Even if some of the earlier stories focused too much on Jon.
    While my ideal would be Super Sons + a team book, I think that if Tomasi is writing it, just a team book could work as well. Adding characters like Nobody and Beacon to the team has the possibility of making things more interesting. It could be fun to see their personalities play off each other.

And hey, my hope that Nobody and Beacon being on a team book with Jon and Damian seems a little more likely now. A fan asked Gleason if we will see more of Nobody and Beacon in the future and stated that the two of them plus Jon and Damian make a great team.

Gleason agreed and said he had plans... And also said that they ( Nobody and Beacon ) will be present during this entire arc.

https://twitter.com/patrick_gleason/...76975241347072

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rosawater View Post
    While my ideal would be Super Sons + a team book, I think that if Tomasi is writing it, just a team book could work as well. Adding characters like Nobody and Beacon to the team has the possibility of making things more interesting. It could be fun to see their personalities play off each other.

And hey, my hope that Nobody and Beacon being on a team book with Jon and Damian seems a little more likely now. A fan asked Gleason if we will see more of Nobody and Beacon in the future and stated that the two of them plus Jon and Damian make a great team.

Gleason agreed and said he had plans... And also said that they ( Nobody and Beacon ) will be present during this entire arc.

https://twitter.com/patrick_gleason/...76975241347072
    Well yeah but can Tomasi even write a team book? I admit I had the theory that Nobody and Kathy will be part of a new Super Sons book actually. While Damian gets to headline the relaunched Teen Titans. I think Tomasi and Gleason just about confirmed the return of the Super Sons.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-22-2018 at 03:55 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Talking about Maya and Kathy.. This is the 2nd fanart that I see this week(the other after SM 43 preview) with Maya and Kathy(instagram), GLEASON was the first comment.

Screen Shot 212.jpg

The other is more simple:

http://community.comicbookresources....01#post3538501
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-22-2018 at 11:37 AM.

On page 3, Lois says "You sound like your pa." Is she basing this on what Clark has told her of him or did he survive long enough to meet/know her?

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    On page 3, Lois says "You sound like your pa." Is she basing this on what Clark has told her of him or did he survive long enough to meet/know her?
    Maybe previous memories from before Reborn cropping up? Hard to say, as a lot of things seem to be in flux right now across the board.

Probably just she's learned enough of him from Clark to know his personality second-hand.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Well yeah but can Tomasi even write a team book? I admit I had the theory that Nobody and Kathy will be part of a new Super Sons book actually. While Damian gets to headline the relaunched Teen Titans. I think Tomasi and Gleason just about confirmed the return of the Super Sons.
    I dunno, but in this instance, I'm more than a little willing to see him try.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Talking about Maya and Kathy.. This is the 2nd fanart that I see this week(the other after SM 43 preview) with Maya and Kathy(instagram), GLEASON was the first comment.

Screen Shot 212.jpg

The other is more simple:

http://community.comicbookresources....01#post3538501

Oh, that's really cute. Thanks for sharing, adrikito.

Rereading I finally noticed that Bizarro Manta is wearing a flotation device. And I find that way more amusing than I should.

All-New Member

While I enjoy the whole Bizarro-verse for what it is, it confuses the heck out of me in a lot of ways. Is there a general rule as to how Bizarro-speak works, beyond the general idea that it's supposed to be the opposite of normal? Do you just throw a 'not' in there and call it a day, or do you use a 'not' and substitute words with their opposites? And with concepts like 'good' and 'evil', does Bizarro try to be a hero by standard definition and just has backwards values? I'm probably overthinking it, but if anyone could explain, that'd help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Johto Joestar View Post
    While I enjoy the whole Bizarro-verse for what it is, it confuses the heck out of me in a lot of ways. Is there a general rule as to how Bizarro-speak works, beyond the general idea that it's supposed to be the opposite of normal? Do you just throw a 'not' in there and call it a day, or do you use a 'not' and substitute words with their opposites? And with concepts like 'good' and 'evil', does Bizarro try to be a hero by standard definition and just has backwards values? I'm probably overthinking it, but if anyone could explain, that'd help a lot.
    There's no set rule. Some people just throw in a "not", and others really get into the weeds. Tomasi is fairly consistent here, which is helpful. He does the "nots" but does use reversals:

Superman: 'Bad', Jon. I'm a very 'BAD' man.

There have been two Bizarro types, generally: one where he wants to do good but his addled mind processes it wrong (in general, see: most of Luthor's clones of Bizarro), and then others have fully backwards logic (see: the classic Bizarro and the Htrae version, which is a slightly skewed version of the classic, iirc).

My favorite Bizarro at the moment, honestly, is the one in the Red Hood & the Outlaws book. The approach is fascinating, too: the writer said it's like when someone has a hard time speaking English and you think they aren't intelligent, but when you really look..they're highly intelligent. That's a new twist, and I hope the character sticks around. Honestly, the two Bizarros meeting would be a fascinating experiment in seeing how quickly my brain would melt trying to keep up with two different Bizarro patterns, LOL
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    There's no set rule. Some people just throw in a "not", and others really get into the weeds. Tomasi is fairly consistent here, which is helpful. He does the "nots" but does use reversals:

Superman: 'Bad', Jon. I'm a very 'BAD' man.

There have been two Bizarro types, generally: one where he wants to do good but his addled mind processes it wrong (in general, see: most of Luthor's clones of Bizarro), and then others have fully backwards logic (see: the classic Bizarro and the Htrae version, which is a slightly skewed version of the classic, iirc).

My favorite Bizarro at the moment, honestly, is the one in the Red Hood & the Outlaws book. The approach is fascinating, too: the writer said it's like when someone has a hard time speaking English and you think they aren't intelligent, but when you really look..they're highly intelligent. That's a new twist, and I hope the character sticks around. Honestly, the two Bizarros meeting would be a fascinating experiment in seeing how quickly my brain would melt trying to keep up with two different Bizarro patterns, LOL
    Well, Red Hood Bizarro speaks normally and is quite intelligent. For the time being. So his wouldn't be an issue.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Legion of fun no am best concept in dc comics history.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, Red Hood Bizarro speaks normally and is quite intelligent. For the time being. So his wouldn't be an issue.
    True. I was thinking of the early issues.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/