Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Remender Discusses Redefining a Legend In "All-New Captain America"

Rick Remender takes us deep into Sam Wilson's new role as Captain America, with details about the former Falcon's part in "AXIS" and his new series.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

Although I knew Sam Wilson's story, I hadn't really thought too deeply about the affinities between him and Steve Rogers. A good interview in that it actually has me interested in checking out what Remender is going to do.

Also, Ian Rogers is starting to sound more like Marvel's version of Damian Wayne: child of a hero and villain, a bit more brutal than the hero but with more honorable core values than the villain.

Spectacular Member

A pretty good interview, has me hyped for the relaunch. And yeah we all knew Ian would be back as the new Nomad so that wasn't too much of a spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Semicyon View Post
    Although I knew Sam Wilson's story, I hadn't really thought too deeply about the affinities between him and Steve Rogers. A good interview in that it actually has me interested in checking out what Remender is going to do.
    Same here. Remender really seems to have a hold of these characters so I'm excited to see where he takes them and how Falcon deals with being Cap now, especially being thrown right into Axis.

BANNED

Glad I cancelled my subscription. I won't bash what people are seeming to enjoy, too hard, but the direction it's going just isn't for me. Hope it sells well for Marvel.

Spectacular Member

Also I'm glad they're officially retconning the Snap Wilson nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Yes. Really looking forward to seeing the REAL Sam Wilson again. The one that existed before that ugly past Snap Wilson recon took him away for years.

Spectacular Member

I guess that I am really gonna take a wait and see attitude. I am really mad about how Marvel has treated Steve and see no way he can get back at Zola and the Red Skull. It has to be very frustrated to have everything taken away and not be able to do anything to personally stop these guys. I just don't see how Sam is going to take Steves place. And why make Ian Nomad? If he is better with the shield wjhy not give it to him?

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Aye, that's something that's needed an outright retcon. I'm glad to say good-bye to it for good.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    I guess that I am really gonna take a wait and see attitude. I am really mad about how Marvel has treated Steve and see no way he can get back at Zola and the Red Skull. It has to be very frustrated to have everything taken away and not be able to do anything to personally stop these guys. I just don't see how Sam is going to take Steves place. And why make Ian Nomad? If he is better with the shield wjhy not give it to him?
    Well Ian isn't American for one thing.

'Tho Captain Dimension X would be a cool name for a band.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

This interview has piqued my interest even more. I am now really looking forward to this book.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

I'm looking forward to it, though I'm also saddened that Steve Rogers will be out of action for a while (To me he IS Cap and will ALWAYS be Cap), Sam is deserving of a little bit of the spotlight. Although I've got to think that this is hyperbole...
    Remender- It's very much a staple of the mainstream super hero books, to have the status quo change, but it's also something that my editor Tom Brevoort and I talked about sticking with. It's not something that's going to be undone any time soon, if it's ever going to be undone. That's a real possibility, here
    But I do hope that Falcon's stories are (at least) on par with Bucky and Steve's stories.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Astonishing Member

Remender has really piqued my interest. I was already planning on giving the book a shot for Immonen, but there is hope that the writing will live up to the art.

Spectacular Member thethanosseed's Avatar

Now that is how you give a bloodly interview! Funny thing is that scans daily had just put up something about "Snap" like 2 days ago. :-)

I love Sam Wilson and love Immonen but I have mixed feelings about this. The Batman Beyond like setup sounds really interesting but I like Captain America because he's Steve Rogers and I don't have any interest in Falcon being Captain America.

Why not just have the Falcon be Falcon with Captain America (steve) being his mentor and tactician from behind a computer screen?

Is Captain America only Captain America if he is able to jump around and punch people? Why can't he still be a hero and keep his title form this new position?