View Poll Results: Do you care about Diana's twin brother, Jason?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I feel he is a great addition to Diana's cast.

8 14.55%
  • No, he is just taking time away from Diana and other characters I care about.

47 85.45%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I like the idea of a man with powers joining the Wonder family, but...

1. Hate the idea of a 'twin.' If we have to continue with the Zeus origin, make him younger half-brother by a human mother - cool powers, but not as powerful as his big sister.

2. I sure as heck don't want a 'Wonder-Man' overshadowing Diana. "I'm faster than you now" literally made me throw the book across the table.

3. I want a well-written guy, not this 'I'm a villain for no good reason and now I want to be a hero because...reasons!' His whole arc is just poorly thought out and badly retro-fitted into the Wonderverse. No one can leave Themyscira and return...but you can correspond with people you've never met on the outside and then abandon your infant son to them?

So I'm a big 'no' on Jason as he exists in the current title, but not against the concept of a Jason-like character.

I like the idea of him. The idea of Diana having a twin sibling is very intriguing to me. The execution thus far hasn't been great.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I like the idea of Jason as well. Diana has something both Bruce or Clark have. A brother. Clark and Bruce have sons and also female cousins. Kate and Kara. The story was poorly excuted with him. Johns is the one who created him so he should’ve been the one to take over this book for his origin story.

Also when Diana fights darkseid I doubt Jason would be faster or stronger than Diana.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Jason is tied to Diana being Zeus's daughter. I still completely reject that origin, so...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Wonder Woman having a twin is not unlike Superman not being the last of his kind, if Jason were a captivating guy, I don't think anyone would give damn about it, or about his gender for that matter. The thing is, if you tease us with a twin brother and keep us waiting a year for it, you ought to make sure the character lives up to the expectations you're creating, otherwise you're just setting people up for disappointment. There's no love or creative effort put into Jason, his father (Johns) gave him up for adoption and his adoptive parents can't be bothered to raise him well, Jason is an orphan in more ways than one
    Last edited by VonHammersmark; 03-22-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I like the idea of a man with powers joining the Wonder family, but...

1. Hate the idea of a 'twin.' If we have to continue with the Zeus origin, make him younger half-brother by a human mother - cool powers, but not as powerful as his big sister.

2. I sure as heck don't want a 'Wonder-Man' overshadowing Diana. "I'm faster than you now" literally made me throw the book across the table.

3. I want a well-written guy, not this 'I'm a villain for no good reason and now I want to be a hero because...reasons!' His whole arc is just poorly thought out and badly retro-fitted into the Wonderverse. No one can leave Themyscira and return...but you can correspond with people you've never met on the outside and then abandon your infant son to them?

So I'm a big 'no' on Jason as he exists in the current title, but not against the concept of a Jason-like character.
    Agreed.

Twin automatically carries with it the connotation of equal, but this is not a team book. And the execution is just woeful.

If I wanted to see the wonder twins in action, I'd watch this...

...and honestly, that's about as good a parallel for this whole Jason plotline as you will find.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Incredible Member

You know I always liked the idea of Wonder Woman having a boy sidekick. I know there are a lot of them and I would never like for the boy to overshadow Wonder Woman, but mainly to explore the perspective of being raised by Women and how they would interact with the world from that. I always had this idea for Nubia to have a son that Diana trains or something. I also wanted they boy to be maybe of African or Asain descent so Diana can explore different mythologies and have adventures she's not used to so she can adapt.
    Last edited by Shockingjustice; 03-23-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Right now, I can take him or leave him. I'll make my final judgement when the current arc is over. He needs a new costume though. The current one is an eye sore.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.