Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Will the history of the Justice League be restores to it Original glory ?

Honestly I’m tried of seeing Cyborg as a founding member of The Justice League. I was wondering given The timeline shifts of DC Rebirth and aftermath of Metal that maybe heading into Doomsday Clock that the history of the Justice League be restored to its former glory origin and all.

As fans of the team what do you think of this ?

I haven’t really had much interest in this title for quite a number of years, and looking at what they’re doing with 3 different leagues, I don’t think I will be at anytime soon.
    We regards your question, if you mean the original 7 being the main members, then no it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen as Hal Jordan doesn’t seem to be having a look in anymore.
    Get used to having Cyborg around I’m afraid, he should be in the Teen Titans, but there we go....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Honestly I’m tried of seeing Cyborg as a founding member of The Justice League. I was wondering given The timeline shifts of DC Rebirth and aftermath of Metal that maybe heading into Doomsday Clock that the history of the Justice League be restored to its former glory origin and all.

As fans of the team what do you think of this ?
    Agreed. No reason why Cyborg can't be a member of the League in present day, but he is not a founder. Martian Manhunter is a founder. Cyborg is a Titan first. There have been some hints that the original founding of the JLA would be restored with Rebirth: Barry and Bruce seeing it while they were in the time stream during the Button; Wally clearly remembering Vic as a Titan not a Leaguer as seen in the Flash Annual; etc. But I guess we have to wait for Doomsday Clock to wrap up to know for sure.

I'm sorry, but unless DC is wiping out EVERYTHING of the New52, then DC should stick with what they created back in 2011 with Cyborg as one of the original founding members. Please, don't retcon Martian Manhunter into being a founding member again; that wouldn't do anything to benefit the stories and would just open the doorway to more confusing, contradictory changes that require a Flashpoint 2.0 retcon.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm sorry, but unless DC is wiping out EVERYTHING of the New52, then DC should stick with what they created back in 2011 with Cyborg as one of the original founding members. Please, don't retcon Martian Manhunter into being a founding member again; that wouldn't do anything to benefit the stories and would just open the doorway to more confusing, contradictory changes that require a Flashpoint 2.0 retcon.
    I agree. We don't need a Continuity Crisis.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Martian Manhunter can join the team in the present day, he doesn't need to be shoehorned in as a founding member. Cyborg being a founding father of the JL is a cool thing, and they should stick to their guns.

Just build on what we have. I'm tired of always tearing everything apart.

Cyborg shouldn't have been a founding member, but I think they are too deeply invested to back out now. So I imagine that it will continue on as is. The New 52 continuity is still what most of their current stories are built on, for better or worse. I don't see DC getting rid of that even when Doomsday Clock finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I agree. We don't need a Continuity Crisis.
    Don't you mean
    We don't need yet another Continuity Crisis.

Don't you mean
    Yes. "Another" should have been part of my post.

I agree that at this point we shouldn't be messing with continuity. Add to it, sure.

If the "missing ten years" restored means Martian Manhunter, Ray Palmer Atom, Zatanna, Elongated Man, the OG Hawks, Red Tornado were ALSO members during the missing years...great. But don't UNDO what's already been set since the beginning of the nu52. There's enough confusion already.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Martian Manhunter can join the team in the present day, he doesn't need to be shoehorned in as a founding member. Cyborg being a founding father of the JL is a cool thing, and they should stick to their guns.

This, this, this, this. DC shouldn't feel the need to give in to fan complaints all the time. He's been a member since 2011. Just leave him alone already. Honestly I'm tired of the same arguments with this character.
    Last edited by Raijin; 04-03-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Considering the Big 7 lineup has the least amount of potential character development, and is most prone to interruption/relaunch, I just keep the post-COIE origin as my head canon and squeeze everything else in around that established history.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Considering the Big 7 lineup has the least amount of potential character development, and is most prone to interruption/relaunch, I just keep the post-COIE origin as my head canon and squeeze everything else in around that established history.
    So, you're leaving out Wonder Woman as a founding member and still working off of the Black Canary replacement for Diana as a founder?

So, you're leaving out Wonder Woman as a founding member and still working off of the Black Canary replacement for Diana as a founder?
    Yeah, if it's a choice between Diana and J'onn as a founding member, she wins hands down.

Extraordinary Member

I'm sorry, but unless DC is wiping out EVERYTHING of the New52.
    Well, many, including myself, would say that that's exactly what they should do.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

Its not really shoehorning when MM was consistently a founding member of the Justice League for literally the 50 years between when they were first introduced and 2011. Cyborg was the one who was shoehorned in as a founding member because Geoff Johns didn't even want him to be one in the first place. Johns was originally planning to just launch a JL series where Cyborg just joined the League in 2011. Those plans then changed to include a cobbled together origin story when Didio forced the New 52 on everyone.

And Vic being a founding member of the JL is NOT a cool thing...because it robs him of everything that made Vic a cool and interesting character to begin with. His connections with the Titans were what made him great and since 2011, he's pretty much done diddly as a Leaguer. Priest's run is the first inkling we've seen of Vic taking a larger role and even then, his role has been to fumble as leader of the League.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Cyborg shouldn't have been a founding member, but I think they are too deeply invested to back out now. So I imagine that it will continue on as is. The New 52 continuity is still what most of their current stories are built on, for better or worse. I don't see DC getting rid of that even when Doomsday Clock finishes.
    Not really. Look at Superman. Look at Wonder Woman (Jason notwithstanding). The Green Lantern franchise was like 99% untouched by New 52 anyway, so them continuing onward is just, well, actually a continuation of Pre-Flashpoint. The only big ones still kinda stuck in New 52 are Batman (who also remained somewhat intact after Flashpoint) and Flash, but even there we're seeing more and more of the "New 52-ness" fade away. This last issue of Flash even had Barry recalling Wally's original origin, and not some updated version, and Snyder himself kinda contradicted Zero Year.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 04-03-2018 at 06:19 PM.