Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Probably a bit more appropriate for the No Surrender general thread, but not too outta place here. ;;^^

Preview for #686

Hulk definitely isn't mindless. more like 'savage' hulk lol

This Hulk really is rather sinister, I can definitely see how his new book will fit in the horror genre.

They are never going to address that Revengers stuff, are they? Simon led an attack on two Avengers teams. Isn't he going to blame it on ionic poisoning or something.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    They are never going to address that Revengers stuff, are they? Simon led an attack on two Avengers teams. Isn't he going to blame it on ionic poisoning or something.
    Well that seemed to be the theory Bendis used. Of course he also kept harping on how Simon was "One of the greatest Avengers of all time". Umm, no.

I also have never liked how the man went from being an electronics expert to a Hollywood stuntman to a movie star to a pacifism preacher, because well, nobody knows what to do with him.

Or any consistency about his powers. Or hell, even his costume.

And FWIW I think he has a ton of potential.

Also scratching my head as to how he thinks he and Bruce are friends. Simon and Hulk have had maybe a half dozen appearances together, but I'm struggling to see one with Bruce.

So which Hulk personality is that one?

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Probably a bit more appropriate for the No Surrender general thread, but not too outta place here. ;;^^

Preview for #686

Hulk definitely isn't mindless. more like 'savage' hulk lol
    "Ice and Granite and Raw, Bloody, Hate." Well, that's not how I'd usually describe Fred Tatasciore's voice, but okay...

But I agree that it's so randomg for Simon to be claiming to be friends with Bruce here. Even for the periods where Bruce was an Avenger again or Hulk was more heroic I can't recall a single significant interaction between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So which Hulk personality is that one?
    Joe Fixit?
    I thought the Hulk was a mindless brute, not a Right-wing cynic!
    Last edited by mikeb; 03-23-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I suspect this might have happened when Stark rebuilt him. With all the continuity problems of old where he was part of Jim Hammond's android body, this is probably for the better.

he also underwent some changes in Avengers AI but that is pretty much ignored now so maybe not.