Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It would certainly explain Nadia's team swap. If Vision's gone, she's Viv's closest relative.

I wonder what, ultimately, happened to

I thought that they were with SHIELD, at one point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    And there is still the possibility this isn't our Hulk. Why else take the time to repeat the type case of Banner's speech from Secret empire in last week's issue? This might be Hickman's evil universe Hulk/Banner who's story was never fully resolved, or it might be 1610 Hulk.
    That would be interesting

was there any reason he returned at the mount?

Spectacular Member

Question about the Vision. I've looked through my old collection and can't find the answer anywhere.

Exactly when did the Vision become an android instead of a Synthetic humanoid?

I've found various instances where The Vision is described as being "every inch a human being—except that all of his bodily organs are constructed of synthetic materials." , now he's portrayed as just a terminator like robot covered in a human like skin. And during the Avengers AI run wasn't he 'evolved' until he was basically composed of billions of nanites?
    Last edited by roni190; 03-22-2018 at 02:42 PM.

You guys think the USAvengers are going to do something usefull before the end of this Immortal Hulk event?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post
    Question about the Vision. I've looked through my old collection and can't find the answer anywhere.

I've found various instances where The Vision is described as being "every inch a human being—except that all of his bodily organs are constructed of synthetic materials." , now he's portrayed as just a terminator like robot covered in a human like skin. And during the Avengers AI run wasn't he 'evolved' until he was basically composed of billions of nanites?
    I suspect this might have happened when Stark rebuilt him. With all the continuity problems of old where he was part of Jim Hammond's android body, this is probably for the better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    And there is still the possibility this isn't our Hulk. Why else take the time to repeat the type case of Banner's speech from Secret empire in last week's issue? This might be Hickman's evil universe Hulk/Banner who's story was never fully resolved, or it might be 1610 Hulk.
    No, there isn't. It's the Immortal Hulk, our Bruce Banner, that will be in his new title in June. Al Ewing said it several times. He brought the character back in No Surrender and used those 10 extra pages in #684 to set the status quo for Immortal Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    No, there isn't. It's the Immortal Hulk, our Bruce Banner, that will be in his new title in June. Al Ewing said it several times. He brought the character back in No Surrender and used those 10 extra pages in #684 to set the status quo for Immortal Hulk.
    Yeah, they even made a point of referencing several issues where they retconned in Bruce/Hulk dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    So why take pains with the lettering? They could have ignored it and used upper case this time. They specifically didn't. I am not really bothered what a creator says until I read the comic. Spencer flat out lied about his solicitations for Cap, because he wanted his reveal to be a surprise. He wrote the solicits himself as lies, and he was interviewed about his run which he admits were misleading.

Until the arc is over, all bets are off. Anything could happen.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-22-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post

Vision considered himself a human mind in a synthetic body in Vision and Scarlet Witch.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Vision considered himself a human mind in a synthetic body in Vision and Scarlet Witch.
    I think if you go back to WCA during Byrne's run and his disassembly, and then his appearance in Infinity Gauntlet where Thanos ripped out his circuits, Vision was more robotic than we had been used to seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I think if you go back to WCA during Byrne's run and his disassembly, and then his appearance in Infinity Gauntlet where Thanos ripped out his circuits, Vision was more robotic than we had been used to seeing.
    Yeah, it was around that point that it became retconned, first by Byrne I believe, who felt that he should be a mechanical android, even though he had already been established as a more organic construct like one of Rossum's original robots or the replicants from Blade Runner.

Heck, at this point even Jim Hammond might be more mechanical in construction than how he was originally conceived.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I wonder what, ultimately, happened to

I thought that they were with SHIELD, at one point.
    Who knows? Literally nothing about the Next Avengers being in 616 has been followed up since. Seems to be another of Marvel's famous stories lost to the void because no one ever follows up on them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Yeah, it was around that point that it became retconned, first by Byrne I believe, who felt that he should be a mechanical android, even though he had already been established as a more organic construct like one of Rossum's original robots or the replicants from Blade Runner.

Heck, at this point even Jim Hammond might be more mechanical in construction than how he was originally conceived.
    Also Victor Mancha, in his origin story in Runaways. We see Ultron grew his body in a tank, which probably means he gets a lot of flesh.

Also Ultron mentioned that once Mancha matured, his mechanical part will be just nanites and undetectable.
    When Virginia ripped his heart out, we see an organic human heart with cybernetic attachment.
    Yet in the new Runaways run, he looked like a robot with synthetic skin.(I mean if it is organic, he will need bloodflow right? And he does not has a heart at this point.)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    We know the Grandmaster is Voyager's father. We don't know who Voyager's mother is. Could Black Swan be Voyager's mother?
    Only if Grandmaster went to her universe to bang her, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It can't be Ultimate Hulk. He's travelling the multiverse with Giant-Man, Wasp, and Iron Man, as seen in Ultimates2 #100. And that story was set at the same time as Secret Empire.
    Weren't the Ultimates in that just recreations?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    Poor Vision..."Mindless."

Sometimes it’s just so hard to recognize my old favorites nowadays. Glad I can still enjoy these
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tliscord; 03-23-2018 at 07:27 AM.