Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    What a whiny little bitch.
    Childish and unprofessional. I'd like to say something about age and maturity (Jurgens is pushing 60). But then I look at the current occupant in the White House and the PM of my own country and come to the conclusion that maturity is a choice not something that naturally happens.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I'm always amazed where someone in the public eye vents ANYTHING even slightly away from neutral on social media. If he was venting to his friend and it was recorded, fine; accidents happen. But to ACTIVELY put this out there... I just don't understand it.

True Jurgens put hate out there (there's no denying that), but at-least he isn't hiding behind anonymity when he does it. I'm not sure (based on your post) you get to be too judgemental about what someone writes on the internet
    #truthbombOFLOVE
    Flashing his ass on the internet publically doesn't make him courageous, just an idiot.

Dan, Superman wouldn't say things like that. Be like Superman
    BB

Twitter and social media in general gives voice to absolute ignorance and cruelty. Not to mention the fact that social media and technology has largely destroyed social skills. It's sad really......

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I understand his frustration but I wouldn't have gone on social media about it. Sure, part of it is the airlines fault. They're constantly slicing off the width of the seats bit by bit. But unfortunately the population of the US is going the other direction. Obesity is a problem in this country and I do have some struggles with my own weight. But I can still sit in my seat without encroaching on the next person. I do agree that people who know they can't fit into one seat should buy two seats. I had once been booked between a couple who both had weight issues. Apparently one gave the window seat as the preference and the other the aisle. Since I was flying alone (and was only about 140 lbs back then) I got the middle seat. They soon realized I was squashed between them and they graciously traded with me and let me have the aisle seat. I know it's impractical but maybe airlines should create a small section for those with weight problems. Instead of 3 or 4 across, have a row or two with wider seats of maybe 2 across. And maybe charge a little more, certainly not a first class charge. I suppose people would fight over them though

It gets to the point where I don't know if I want to fly these days because now you have large pets in the passenger cabin. A comfort dog of some size (50 pounds) recently mauled a passenger on a flight and the poor guy was bitten on the face by the growling animal. He had to have 28 stitches My thought is that no way was that a properly trained comfort dog. Most places of business are requiring you to bring papers to prove it these days. People have been known to scam the system and claim they have a comfort dog when they really want to avoid paying the fee for boarding your pet in the cargo section.

In any case I really don't want to have someone's pet next to me all the way to the coast or something like that. Maybe I should take a train I think we all should have consideration for your fellow passengers but I know those days are long gone.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-22-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Flashing his ass on the internet publically doesn't make him courageous, just an idiot.
    I think you might have missed my point...
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Nobody chooses to be fat. Some people seem to think it's a choice.

No one in his position is thinking "oh this is wonderful!"

But you have to suck it up, thats life. Pay a little extra and go first class if you can, or just deal with it. I'm pretty sure the overweight guy isn't having a great time either.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Dan, Superman wouldn't say things like that. Be like Superman
    ...........I'll give you a moment to realize WHY Superman doesn't complain as much about travel as most others.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    ...........I'll give you a moment to realize WHY Superman doesn't complain as much about travel as most others.
    The general idea is that Superman wouldn’t be an ******* and say what Jurgens did.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Nobody chooses to be fat. Some people seem to think it's a choice.
    for some people, it's a choice. they prioritize other things. not everyone has a thyroid problem, handicaps, or big bones. some people just drink too much or eat too much. some people are lazy or hate to sweat. for others, it's a security blanket. it has always puzzled me why the stereotype for comic book readers is that of an overweight unkempt person. you'd think that constant bombardment with unrealistically healthy looking bodies would make people insecure enough to focus on their own fitness. anyways, I totally disagree that it's always out of a person's control.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The general idea is that Superman wouldn’t be an ******* and say what Jurgens did.
    he'd be thinking it, though. give his portrayal of Clark Kent, I doubt that Superman has that high an opinion of humanity. I could be wrong, though. has he ever been romantically involved with a person that would qualify as obese?

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 03-22-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    for some people, it's a choice. they prioritize other things. not everyone has a thyroid problem, handicaps, or big bones. some people just drink too much or eat too much. some people are lazy or hate to sweat. for others, it's a security blanket. it has always puzzled me why the stereotype for comic book readers is that of an overweight unkempt person. you'd think that constant bombardment with unrealistically healthy looking bodies would make people insecure enough to focus on their own fitness. anyways, I totally disagree that it's always out of a person's control.
    To which I say....so what? Maybe those people just plain don’t want to live up to someone else’s body image and are happy with who they are. Who the hell are we to criticize them for their lifestyle choices, for the way they choose to live? What idiosyncrasies do you have that would cause you to be looked down upon, to be derided, laughed at or humiliated? That’s not a road I want to go down like Jurgens had done.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Look it could have been worse. Dan could have gone all Rick Rude on him....

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.