Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSirKnight View Post
    Now that Jane Foster is dead and gone who has Mjölnir?
    Mangog ...

... well technically Molnjir has Mangog...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Why Jane!? Why did you leave us!
    I know. But apparently we can't have Thor unless we lose Jane.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I know. But apparently we can't have Thor unless we lose Jane.
    Yes. It is so that Thor Odinson will always remember that he shouldn't listen to old, one-eyed, patriarchs if he wants to be worthy.

The whole mess with Nick Fury Sr makes no sense to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Mangog ...

... well technically Molnjir has Mangog...
    Oh, that's right tied and tossed into the sun... Poor Odinson

Quote Originally Posted by themarkus View Post
    Yes. It is so that Thor Odinson will always remember that he shouldn't listen to old, one-eyed, patriarchs if he wants to be worthy.

The whole mess with Nick Fury Sr makes no sense to me.
    Well this is my take for what it is worth.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

Gor was Right, but Thor can change the situation. The gods can change. The gods can become worthy but only through their actions. Through the living example of Thor Odinson.
    Don't you mean through the dead example of Jane Foster, given Thor never managed to lift it while she was still alive?

I mean come on - a guy you are fighting with tells you something and suddenly you believe it and can't lift your hammer?

No, it's absurd. If Thor's doubts were really that ingrained he would have been unable to lift Mjolnir well before that. Plus it in no way explains all the extra voodoo the hammer has been up to since Jane picked it up - flying around on it's own, creating dopple-gangers, changing it's own inscription and even talking.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Don't you mean through the dead example of Jane Foster, given Thor never managed to lift it while she was still alive?

I mean come on - a guy you are fighting with tells you something and suddenly you believe it and can't lift your hammer?

No, it's absurd. If Thor's doubts were really that ingrained he would have been unable to lift Mjolnir well before that. Plus it in no way explains all the extra voodoo the hammer has been up to since Jane picked it up - flying around on it's own, creating dopple-gangers, changing it's own inscription and even talking.
    Not going to discuss this here. That was the whole point of making the other thread.

Extraordinary Member

Not going to discuss this here. That was the whole point of making the other thread.
    Done. But the discussion of 706 will still take place in its own thread