Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Krypton on Syfy

Astonishing Member

Supergirl is more interest in social and societal problems nowadays. Not so much into standard superhero conflicts. Lobo would have to have some kind of political agenda for him to get on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Lobo is more comedic, true. But he would be way OP for Legends. And his style of humor I just don't really see fitting with LOT. His humor is dark humor, while LOT is more whacky/shenanigans style humor.
    Not the one on "Krypton." He didn't have to stand toe-to-toe with Superman on that show, just Sig-El and Adam Strange. I prefer that he not be able to take on a Kryptonian or Green Lantern, but the comics decided to place him in that class so that he could mix it up with those guys. I can see "Legends" adapting to someone with a darker sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Supergirl is more interest in social and societal problems nowadays. Not so much into standard superhero conflicts. Lobo would have to have some kind of political agenda for him to get on the show.
    Lobo makes sense there too, if you want the more comic book level powered Lobo. But he doesn't have to be political - he can still just be a bounty hunter. It'd be the person who hired him and their agenda that would bring the political/social issues.

They worked Lex Luthor in, whose only agenda was to make himself the savior of the world, and kill all the Kryptonians. In fact all the societal unrest at the start of the season was all a smokescreen created by Lex Luthor
    to further his own agenda. Lex is the ultimate gaslighter. For that matter the only agenda of Reign was to krypto-form the Earth to make it habitable to Kryptonians. And Queen Rhea's goal was to create a New Daxam.
    So they could easily work in a Lobo with no social or political agenda.

There was literally an episode in season 2 or 3 where a hit was put out on Supergirl, drawing in numerous space bounty hunters. Would have been the perfect episode for him to drop in.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Not the one on "Krypton." He didn't have to stand toe-to-toe with Superman on that show, just Sig-El and Adam Strange. I prefer that he not be able to take on a Kryptonian or Green Lantern, but the comics decided to place him in that class so that he could mix it up with those guys. I can see "Legends" adapting to someone with a darker sense of humor.

Lobo makes sense there too, if you want the more comic book level powered Lobo. But he doesn't have to be political - he can still just be a bounty hunter. It'd be the person who hired him and their agenda that would bring the political/social issues.
    Krypton made it clear Lobo could go toe to toe with Brainiac, was immortal, super strength, and effective durability. And I prefer Lobo be as over the top as possible, meaning being able to stand up to Lanterns and Kryptonians (without the flying, obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    There was literally an episode in season 2 or 3 where a hit was put out on Supergirl, drawing in numerous space bounty hunters. Would have been the perfect episode for him to drop in.
    I stopped watching Supergirl but didnt Lobo get name dropped by Martian Manhunter at some point aswell. Or he references Lobo without saying his name.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I like Lobo too much to want him to show up in a crappy show like Supergirl. Let him die with this show

Incredible Member

Krypton and Lobo should go to DC Universe

Astonishing Member

The show had the failing of many shows that have to stretch the story out for multiple seasons. No resolution for a weekly episode. Thus, it became a yawn for most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I like Lobo too much to want him to show up in a crappy show like Supergirl. Let him die with this show
    Those of us who feel Supergirl is an excellent show and the best one one the CW think that Lobo would be an excellent fit on Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Those of us who feel Supergirl is an excellent show and the best one one the CW think that Lobo would be an excellent fit on Supergirl.
    Only if he appears occasionally. I wouldn't want Lobo appearing every week on Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Only if he appears occasionally. I wouldn't want Lobo appearing every week on Supergirl.
    I would prefer Lobo be a one episode guest character rather than a season regular or even part of a story arc. Just a fun, over the top episode done for comedy relief, like the Mister Mxyzptlk episode.

Incredible Member

Supergirl and lobo have a lot of good back story in the comics.
    Last edited by gwhh; 01-10-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    How could he be an excellent fit? He would have to be way less lewd and sexually suggestive to be on CW.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I wish that Seg didn't resist Brainiac's possession. I want to see a sexy evil Seg with black eyes.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.