Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 158

Thread: Krypton on Syfy

  1. #1
    Mighty Member Qwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,720

    Default Krypton on Syfy

    Still watching the pilot now but it amazes me how much better this version of Krypton is vs the Krypton on Man Of Steel. Not a CGI Space Dragon Fly in sight. The sets and scenery are impressive.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

    Matt "peace out suckas"

  2. #2
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    It's fantastic. Honestly stunned that a show that builds its own sets completely from scratch, has one of the best special effects teams on television, with characters like Hawkgirl & Adam Strange and an actually comic book accurate Brainiac is getting written off because it doesn't have Superman.

    The show is gonna be really promising
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  3. #3
    Mighty Member Qwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    It's fantastic. Honestly stunned that a show that builds its own sets completely from scratch, has one of the best special effects teams on television, with characters like Hawkgirl & Adam Strange and an actually comic book accurate Brainiac is getting written off because it doesn't have Superman.

    The show is gonna be really promising
    Is hawkgirl gonna be on it then?
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

    Matt "peace out suckas"

  4. #4
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    4,450

    Default

    Is the show being streamed anywhere?

  5. #5
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Is hawkgirl gonna be on it then?
    yep she is
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  6. #6
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Is the show being streamed anywhere?
    check SyFy's website
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  7. #7
    Incredible Member Jadeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    824

    Default

    I posted how much I enjoyed it over in the Superman forums. Seems well received there. But I'm a little worried that the visual similarity to the DCEU will put people off. Hope it gets some positive social media buzz.

    I was happy to see the classic S show up.

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Qwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    I posted how much I enjoyed it over in the Superman forums. Seems well received there. But I'm a little worried that the visual similarity to the DCEU will put people off. Hope it gets some positive social media buzz.

    I was happy to see the classic S show up.
    It looks nothing like the DCEU krypton though.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

    Matt "peace out suckas"

  9. #9
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32,238

    Default

    So Kandor was a bottled city even before it actually became a bottled city. I wonder if those harsh winter environments were always a hint of the environmental instability of Krypton that eventually consumed the planet?

    I'm guessing the "Voice of Rao" is as powerful as they are because they claim to be an envoy of Rao's will (hence the name). Not sure how to feel about that mask though.

    Y'know, it's kind of sad that, no matter what Seg-El does, Jor-El will go through the exact same situation his great-grandfather did of warning the Council of something dangerous only to be ignored. Only that time it really will be fatal for the planet.

    When you look at the Military Guild, is it any wonder Zod ended up the way he did? I also have to imagine the irony that Lyta's son will end up becoming, basically, the male version of her mother.

    I'm guessing the Zeta Beam has been re-purposed to bounce Adam to and from the past and the future, though he still can only be in one place for a certain amount of time. But I'll be really disappointed if we don't see Adam in a red and white rocket suit jetting around shooting things with his blaster at some point.

    Have the High Council not discovered the Phantom Zone yet? When Mama Zod mentioned there were punishments less merciful then death I wondered if she was referring to the Phantom Zone, though Seg's mom seemed to infer it meant what they did to Val.

    So it seems the House of El having dead parents is a generational thing.

    Did Superman lend Adam his cape or is that cape the only thing that's left of Superman with Brainiac's messing with time?

  10. #10
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    I thought it was a dang good start. I will be watching.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  11. #11
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,472

    Default

    Recorded it but haven't watched it yet but so far I've only heard good things

  12. #12
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I thought it was a dang good start. I will be watching.
    Ditto.

    ..........

  13. #13
    Spectacular Member tkitna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Lol. I thought it was terrible. The best part of the show was Adam Strange. Also, having a hard time watching Ray Donovans wife being the mom. Nope, I'm out.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Kandor was a bottled city even before it actually became a bottled city. I wonder if those harsh winter environments were always a hint of the environmental instability of Krypton that eventually consumed the planet?

    I'm guessing the "Voice of Rao" is as powerful as they are because they claim to be an envoy of Rao's will (hence the name). Not sure how to feel about that mask though.

    Y'know, it's kind of sad that, no matter what Seg-El does, Jor-El will go through the exact same situation his great-grandfather did of warning the Council of something dangerous only to be ignored. Only that time it really will be fatal for the planet.

    When you look at the Military Guild, is it any wonder Zod ended up the way he did? I also have to imagine the irony that Lyta's son will end up becoming, basically, the male version of her mother.

    I'm guessing the Zeta Beam has been re-purposed to bounce Adam to and from the past and the future, though he still can only be in one place for a certain amount of time. But I'll be really disappointed if we don't see Adam in a red and white rocket suit jetting around shooting things with his blaster at some point.

    Have the High Council not discovered the Phantom Zone yet? When Mama Zod mentioned there were punishments less merciful then death I wondered if she was referring to the Phantom Zone, though Seg's mom seemed to infer it meant what they did to Val.

    So it seems the House of El having dead parents is a generational thing.

    Did Superman lend Adam his cape or is that cape the only thing that's left of Superman with Brainiac's messing with time?
    You summed it up very well! I enjoyed it and it seems you did as well.

    Mama Zod is one tough cookie!

    As far as the cape, I thought that was all that was left and soon that could disappear as well, due to messing with time.


    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I thought it was a dang good start. I will be watching.
    Me too!

  15. #15
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Have the High Council not discovered the Phantom Zone yet? When Mama Zod mentioned there were punishments less merciful then death I wondered if she was referring to the Phantom Zone, though Seg's mom seemed to infer it meant what they did to Val.
    According to Superman lore, it is Jor-El that discovers the Phantom Zone.

    This is looking more and more interesting. I'll probably get a season pass on iTunes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •