Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Krypton on Syfy

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Not surprised, but still...
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

Damn that sucks. I really enjoyed this show and was looking forward to S3 and the Lobo spinoff.

Such a damn shame. Best DC show this year.

Good season finale. Bad series finale. SyFy really sucks at this.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Good season finale. Bad series finale. SyFy really sucks at this.
    SyFy also canceled my favorite series when they had it; Destination Truth (hosted by Josh Gates, whom now hosts Expedition Unknown and Legendary Locations). So glad Travel Channel picked him up.

As for Krypton; the love triangle really turned me off.

Astonishing Member

They were writing themselves into a corner. Every week they sneak into Zod's base. Get beat down or escape somehow and then break in again the next week.
    Sad its cancelled though with cliffhangers galore. Not sure if anyone will want to pick it up. Id love them to give Lobo spinoff a shot though that final scene was funny

Astonishing Member

I can see this, the show was moving too slowly. The rebels run around on some moon. It didn't really explore the 'super' aspects of the show. Lobo was a good breakout. Adam Strange wasn't really Adam but just a dude. The problem of him wanting to destroy Krypton for Kal was never really touched on.

Too bad, I was interested in seeing the Hawkman tie.

The current DC continuity does have problems with Krypton. One appeal of Kal was the last survivor (adding Kara as a relative who got off the planet because of heads up to her family was OK). Now we have the problem of Kryptonians all over the place in the books and on the TV shows. Showing that they had interstellar flight and just didn't get off the planet is a problem. Originally, the Kal ship was a prototype.

Ruining Kal and Kara's uniqueness was problematic for me. The second Kryptonians found out they could be super on yellow sun worlds, they would off the planet as fast as they could, as they had the tech.

I did like Seg - I would have liked him to go to Earth and be super.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    SyFy also canceled my favorite series when they had it; Destination Truth (hosted by Josh Gates, whom now hosts Expedition Unknown and Legendary Locations). So glad Travel Channel picked him up.

As for Krypton; the love triangle really turned me off.
    Destination truth and Fact or Faked use to be my ****. I never really believed much of anything in those shows but it's fun to wonder What if?

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Damn that sucks. I really enjoyed this show and was looking forward to S3 and the Lobo spinoff.
    They should just stick Lobo on "Legends of Tomorrow" - they rescued Constantine so why not? This Lobo's more comedic tone fits that show more than "Krypton" anyway.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    They should just stick Lobo on "Legends of Tomorrow" - they rescued Constantine so why not? This Lobo's more comedic tone fits that show more than "Krypton" anyway.
    Jesus Christ no. Lobo should not be in any CW show. I don't like what that show has been doing with Constantine. His character don't belong there

Jesus Christ no. Lobo should not be in any CW show. I don't like what that show has been doing with Constantine. His character don't belong there
    Constantine is a bit of an odd fit there and he's certainly been tamed a bit for being on what's essentially a comedy,(it's the JLI of the DCEU) but after the NBC show failed, he probably wouldn't be anywhere and certainly not played by Matt Ryan, and I enjoy his performance (for the most part).

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Lobo is more comedic, true. But he would be way OP for Legends. And his style of humor I just don't really see fitting with LOT. His humor is dark humor, while LOT is more whacky/shenanigans style humor.

Astonishing Member

https://www.looper.com/162652/the-re...was-cancelled/

Pretty much what I said about the show's problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I can see this, the show was moving too slowly. The rebels run around on some moon. It didn't really explore the 'super' aspects of the show. Lobo was a good breakout. Adam Strange wasn't really Adam but just a dude. The problem of him wanting to destroy Krypton for Kal was never really touched on.

Too bad, I was interested in seeing the Hawkman tie.

The current DC continuity does have problems with Krypton. One appeal of Kal was the last survivor (adding Kara as a relative who got off the planet because of heads up to her family was OK). Now we have the problem of Kryptonians all over the place in the books and on the TV shows. Showing that they had interstellar flight and just didn't get off the planet is a problem. Originally, the Kal ship was a prototype.

Ruining Kal and Kara's uniqueness was problematic for me. The second Kryptonians found out they could be super on yellow sun worlds, they would off the planet as fast as they could, as they had the tech.

I did like Seg - I would have liked him to go to Earth and be super.
    The series lack of acknowledgement of Kara annoyed me, the way they told you'd think Kara never exists in this universes future. I was ready to drop it in season 1 as such, but since there weren't any other new shows to catch my interest I decided to keep going. Have been finding the first couple of eps of season two a chore though, so personally I wouldn't have stayed for a third season if it hadn't been cancelled.

Sucks for the people who did enjoy it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Lobo is more comedic, true. But he would be way OP for Legends. And his style of humor I just don't really see fitting with LOT. His humor is dark humor, while LOT is more whacky/shenanigans style humor.
    I think Lobo might work as a guest character on Supergirl. He was hinted at in one episode. And he has the power to be a challenge for Supergirl as well as annoy the hell out of her. Making them reluctant allies would work too.