Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Krypton on Syfy

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I loved the bit with Lobo blowing his own head off and then regrowing himself slowly from his severed arm which was on the other side of the barrier. The look on Adam's face as Lobo slowly grew back while still talking **** to him was gold.

The world needs more Lobo in other media.

Astonishing Member

They should be in production for a Lobo spin off based on this version. Hes a scene stealer. If they can create a space bounty hunter show with him riding around it could work. I'm sure it would be expensive though

Only issue is for a show you really need some relationships with the main character week to week. It's worth a try though

I liked episodes 2 and 3. I like that this show is sci-fi and drama first, but it doesn't forget to have some fun. I like the cast a lot.

I need to rewatch episode 1. I wasn't sure how to feel, but I was half-asleep. I think I'm understanding Lyta's characterization better now. It's funny that Doomsday is nowhere to be found lol. Also, a Lobo series would need a more relatable main character, no? So far, he seems pretty evil and nothing else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I liked episodes 2 and 3. I like that this show is sci-fi and drama first, but it doesn't forget to have some fun. I like the cast a lot.

I need to rewatch episode 1. I wasn't sure how to feel, but I was half-asleep. I think I'm understanding Lyta's characterization better now. It's funny that Doomsday is nowhere to be found lol. Also, a Lobo series would need a more relatable main character, no? So far, he seems pretty evil and nothing else.
    It would be difficult. I don't think the main character in a show has to be "nice" or heroic. He's hilarious. I'd watch him slaughtering people and being lewd and crude. The problem would be he generally has no friends. And who else do you put in the show to flesh him out and give him his bounties etc. That's where you would struggle to flesh out the rest of the cast

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    It would be difficult. I don't think the main character in a show has to be "nice" or heroic. He's hilarious. I'd watch him slaughtering people and being lewd and crude. The problem would be he generally has no friends. And who else do you put in the show to flesh him out and give him his bounties etc. That's where you would struggle to flesh out the rest of the cast
    I definitely like this version of Lobo but I'm torn between seeing him be a dirty bastiche or maybe a bastiche with a heart of gold. (well maybe not that far, but certainly some redeeming qualities) I imagine if he's usually around criminals and low-lifes, it won't matter how bad he is as long as he has *some* sense of morailty - and he usually does even in the comics.

And I don't think it'd be too difficult to build a cast around him. (though a rotating one where most of them keep getting killed off would be hilarious) He was in L.E.G.I.O.N. before and even the Justice League. He may not have to "play nice", but he's not always a loner.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I definitely like this version of Lobo but I'm torn between seeing him be a dirty bastiche or maybe a bastiche with a heart of gold. (well maybe not that far, but certainly some redeeming qualities) I imagine if he's usually around criminals and low-lifes, it won't matter how bad he is as long as he has *some* sense of morailty - and he usually does even in the comics.

And I don't think it'd be too difficult to build a cast around him. (though a rotating one where most of them keep getting killed off would be hilarious) He was in L.E.G.I.O.N. before and even the Justice League. He may not have to "play nice", but he's not always a loner.
    Could do a spinoff from Supergirl...
    Yeah, that would be a REAL contrast of characters there. Though in the comics, the two have teamed up before.

Astonishing Member

Loved it. Lobo was great. I have one question - what color is Colu's sun? Shouldn't Seg have started to Super-up, so to speak? Their Brainiac makeup is so much better than that Hobby Lobby get up on Supergirl for Brainy.

I still wonder how they deal with the conflict of Adam wanting the place to blow up to general Kal as a superhero. If I were Zod, I'd be starting the scientific program to stop the explosion or a Liberty ship like program to get everyone out of there.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Loved it. Lobo was great. I have one question - what color is Colu's sun? Shouldn't Seg have started to Super-up, so to speak? Their Brainiac makeup is so much better than that Hobby Lobby get up on Supergirl for Brainy.

I still wonder how they deal with the conflict of Adam wanting the place to blow up to general Kal as a superhero. If I were Zod, I'd be starting the scientific program to stop the explosion or a Liberty ship like program to get everyone out of there.
    In this continuity, Brainiac taking Kandor and putting it in a bottle is the cause of the planet's destruction. Since that didn't happen Zod doesn't have to worry about it.

BANNED

delete
    10char

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    In this continuity, Brainiac taking Kandor and putting it in a bottle is the cause of the planet's destruction. Since that didn't happen Zod doesn't have to worry about it.
    But still, isn't Krypton blowing up? No boom, no Superman. Kal becomes an accountant. I don't get it. If Zod doesn't worry about it - Adam's mission is a flop. Adam needs the explosion for his mission. I want to see Adam in his space suit though.

But still, isn't Krypton blowing up? No boom, no Superman. Kal becomes an accountant. I don't get it. If Zod doesn't worry about it - Adam's mission is a flop. Adam needs the explosion for his mission. I want to see Adam in his space suit though.
    No Krypton is not blowing up. Kal gets rised under the house of Zod instead of El (his cape transforms to bear the house of Zod at the end of season 1). The plot is that Zod is gonna build a fleet for galactic conquest. .

So I guess they are going for the whole "Questionable people on both sides" thing here.

Still, I really hope Dru and Lyta-Zod get their just deserts.

Astonishing Member

Do you need a fleet for galactic conquest? Just take over yellow sun worlds and live the super life?

Do you need a fleet for galactic conquest? Just take over yellow sun worlds and live the super life?
    Seeing how Adam ended up in a bottled present Detroit with a Zod statue in it, the plan worked.