Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Krypton on Syfy

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I liked the show but have the problem with all time locked shows where we know the outcome. Krypton goes boom and Kandor ends up in a bottle. If I didn't know that - it would be more fun. The accents don't bother me. I would like to know Adam's backstory here. On the other Superman-ish shows, Kal is not the greatest hero in the universe but pretty Earth bound. In the Silver Age, Kal was flying around the universe, not so much now.
    Ironically Supergirl now goes all over place in the TV show. She has been to Slaver's Moon, Mars, and most recently a blue star. And her father had taken her to 12 planets when she was a child.

Mighty Member

That ceremonial fight contest tonight was awesome.

I thought it was a good pilot but the second episode did thread a little water by having seg going back and forth on trusting adam and going after vex.

It was more setting up next week's.

I'm curious about Adam's and wondering if this show is also his origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    That ceremonial fight contest tonight was awesome.
    Holy neck snap, Batman!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

How does Zod end up being a villain with a mom like Lyta? Damn

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Isn't Lyta the grandmother? Being from the same generation as Sig after all.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Isn't Lyta the grandmother? Being from the same generation as Sig after all.
    Zod was Jor-El nemesis before he became one for Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    His great grandmum is pretty hard core military. Almost fanatical. And we don't know what his mom and dad are like. Maybe his me-maw is the outlier of the family.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I think the show has been very, very good so far and better than I thought it would be. I'm all in.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Holy neck snap, Batman!
    Yummy and lethal - what a woman!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

So Adam Strange flunked archaeology in college, but I guess it's nice that they at least acknowledged that part of the character. I really wonder if he's been to Rann or met Alanna yet.

Has the Zeta Beam ever been used for time travel before? I only ask because it seems kind of random that they would utilize that to incorporate Adam Strange here instead of using established DCU time travelers like Booster Gold. But I guess the Zeta Beam also provides a handy dose of problems since Adam can disappear at a moment's notice.

Thank goodness Superman's cape is so long, otherwise the timeline would be doomed .

I'm actually kind of curious what happens if someone is actually granted mercy at during those deathmatches. Like, what happens to them? I guess they're probably shunned or cast out of the Military Guild.

Jayna always has the same, serious, expression all the time so it was kind of funny to see her face perk up a tiny bit when Lyta won her match. She had like the most subtle smile ever .

I'm kind of surprised no one's first thought was using the computers at the Fortress to ascertain whether Brainiac existed or not. And I guess holographic AI's are a Kryptonian generational thing too, though that AI of Val seems more advanced then what Clark and Kara typically get with their parents.

The Phantom Zone sounds less like the Phantom Zone and more like a teleporter. Although now I'm almost half-expecting that the solution to stopping Brainiac will be zapping him and his ship into the Phantom Zone.

I'm a little confused...so Brainiac has existed for millenia and is only just now discovering Krypton? I thought the idea behind Adam Zeta Beaming to old Krypton was because Brainiac went back in time to destroy Krypton to prevent Superman from ever coming into being .

Mighty Member

That woman infected by Brainiac's probe was more frightening than a Walker from the Walking Dead.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

When they are talking about the voice of Rao and why his helmet has 7 faces and how they are the 7 old gods of Krypton it sounded like they said Mordru when listing them off to me. Did they say Mordru or did I just hear them wrong? It would be very interesting if they did mean Mordru with his ties to the Lord of Chaos and being a major threat to the Earth in the future.

Well I know how they can afford such a good looking CGI brainiac. They don't show him at all and when they will it seems to be the same shot with different mouth animation. But maybe he will be more then an unseen boogey man in future episodes. Because he looks cool af

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    It's fantastic. Honestly stunned that a show that builds its own sets completely from scratch, has one of the best special effects teams on television, with characters like Hawkgirl & Adam Strange and an actually comic book accurate Brainiac is getting written off because it doesn't have Superman.

The show is gonna be really promising
    Pass. I already had to put up with a Superman show with no Superman and a Batman show with no Batman. Watching this only encourages DC to create a Wonder Woman show without Wonder Woman called..."Themycira"