Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Krypton on Syfy

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Yeah, it was, but it did seem a bit like a ripoff of the bug crawling into an ear scene from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
    Or the bug crawling into the ear of Rudy Jones in the TV Supergirl episode "Changing"

Astonishing Member

I like the show but gee whiz, I hope Kandor doesn't get captured and all those nice folks on Krypton don't get blown up.

I wonder what the show's end game will be. Is that Superman gets created? If I were Seg - I would be trying to get everyone off Krypton. The initial plot of Supes was that they really didn't know the place would go book until Jor-el started to mention it and they didn't have space travel tech.

Later that went to Hell with Krypton having past empires, ships, etc. The Supergirl show was incredibly inconsistent as Kara mentioned visiting many planets. There should have been lots of folks getting off planet.

I guess I'm more an original freak for the Last Son of Krypton and maybe Kara. Later stories and shows have lots of folks surviving with various PIS to keep Supes special.

I see it as an analog to climate change here on Earth. Maybe there were several Kryptonian scientists talking about an unstable core that would make the planet explode, but most Kryptonians didn't want to believe it because doing something about it would involve making sacrifices they don't want to make. And maybe this went on for a few generations before Jor-El. And maybe there were some scientists who decided that if the authorities on Krypton were going to do nothing to save the planet, they would at least find a way off the planet.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I see it as an analog to climate change here on Earth. Maybe there were several Kryptonian scientists talking about an unstable core that would make the planet explode, but most Kryptonians didn't want to believe it because doing something about it would involve making sacrifices they don't want to make.
    That's what i always believed

So, that just happened. Adam isn't the only time traveler on the show...

spoilers:
    I'm glad Walter got the chance to move on from working at Queen Consolidated to become General frikkin' Zod .
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Doomsday! This show is awesome.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This episode just changed everything. I did not see this coming at all. Adam realizing he was never supposed to stop Brainiac, but instead has to stop the other time traveler from stopping Brainiac so time flows on as its supposed was a genius storytelling move. That and fricken Doomsday?!? And he looks like he is supposed to look (not like that sorry excuse in BvS). man this show just keeps getting better and better.

But in the end, with what we now know, they have to loose to Braniac and Kandor must be taken. If not Krypton doesn't blow up, Kal El isn't sent to Earth and .....no Superman.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I feel like the plot would move even faster if Jayna, Seg, Nyssa and Lyta just sat down and explained everything. lol Seriously whatever schemes Nyssa and her dad have would take a back seat for now for obvious reasons.
    Reminds me of LOST , TV writers don't like for characters to share valuable information.

Incredible Member

I just caught up with this show and I’ve been diggin’ it so far. To me, it’s better than the other DC shows. It was a huge surprise that Zod went back in time and now he’s working with his mother and Superman’s grandfather to stop Brainiac. Crazy. Can’t wait for the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    I just caught up with this show and I’ve been diggin’ it so far. To me, it’s better than the other DC shows. It was a huge surprise that Zod went back in time and now he’s working with his mother and Superman’s grandfather to stop Brainiac. Crazy. Can’t wait for the next episode.
    Though it seems even he didn't know mommy and Seyg were lovers.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Though it seems even he didn't know mommy and Seyg were lovers.
    Well to be fair do you know everyone your mom slept with in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Well to be fair do you know everyone your mom slept with in the past?
    Mine claimed she was a virgin when she got married and women who slept with someone they weren't married to were whores.