Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Krypton on Syfy

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

That was one hell of a finale. How Brianiac was defeated was clever. But Superman's classic S shield turn into the house of Zod sigil was a sight to behold.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

top 3 comic book shows for me this season
    1. Krypton (never cared about Superman's planet before this)
    2. Agents of SHIELD (criminally underrated)
    3. Black Lightning (consistency issues in some of the writing, but negligible)
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I was genuinely impressed by how Brainiac was defeated, i was like "Oh yeah i forgot about that" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I was genuinely impressed by how Brainiac was defeated, i was like "Oh yeah i forgot about that" lol
    Really? I thought using the phantom zone to bring back Seg's gramps and the name of the episode being Phantom Zone gave it away. The hologram bit was a surprise though.

Incredible Member

Man, that was a great finale. This show was a surprise hit. Can't wait to see what they do with season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Man, that was a great finale. This show was a surprise hit. Can't wait to see what they do with season 2.
    The problem I'm wondering about is how do you make a mindless killing machine a prolonged, multi-episode threat? Doomsday is a little hard for episodic story telling.

I'm surprised at how much I liked this show. The Zod women were awesome, Brainiac was cool, and even Nyssa/Nysa-Vex grew on me. Looking forward to where we pick up with the characters next season.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Mighty Member

That sure was frightening how people are in a paralysis when Brainiac captures a city.

Astonishing Member

I have so many dorky questions:

1. Does Adam still want to kill millions on Krypton to save Kal.
    2. Is Adam stuck in a bottled city that looks like Earth with statue of Zod?
    3. How do we get Krypton to blow up. I like that planet - screw Kal (the great champion, blah, blah).
    4. If I were Zod my priority would be to get every Kryptonian to a yellow sun system. They have the tech to build ships.
    5. What do they do with the big old Skull ship?

I loved Brainiac - such a better realization of the character than that cheap make up dork on Supergirl with some face cream and stick on lights from Home Depot. Yes, I know Brainy isn't the same physiology as Brainiac but the Supergirl one stunk as a costume.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I read in an interview that the idea is that in this new timeline, Zod is going to conquer many planets thanks to his new Kryptonian army, Earth included. However, Brainiac will escape from the Phantom Zone at some point in the future and he is going to bottled a city from Earth.

So, Adam went back to the future, to his own time but from the new altered timeline. That's the reason of why there's a statue of Zod in that bottled city.

I have so many dorky questions:

1. Does Adam still want to kill millions on Krypton to save Kal.
    3. How do we get Krypton to blow up. I like that planet - screw Kal (the great champion, blah, blah).
    4. If I were Zod my priority would be to get every Kryptonian to a yellow sun system. They have the tech to build ships.
    5. What do they do with the big old Skull ship?

I loved Brainiac - such a better realization of the character than that cheap make up dork on Supergirl with some face cream and stick on lights from Home Depot. Yes, I know Brainy isn't the same physiology as Brainiac but the Supergirl one stunk as a costume.
    1. Considering that Zod becomes a galatic tyrant, from the looks of it, I'd say having Superman around is a better deal overall.
    2. Batgrayson got to it before I did.
    3. Adam needs to escape his prison to correct the timeline, and either kill Zod, or take Zod with him back to the future, before he changes anything major.
    4. I imagine, that after consolidating power on Krypton, he'll do something very similar.
    5. Steal the technology.

This so much. Considering how well they manage the CGI designs of the green and white martians (even if the budget means they are in their human forms most of the time) the practical effects for Brainiac...whatever number comes after his name, left a lot to be desired. I guess the CW people have less experience with practical effects versus digital?

Astonishing Member

If one Kryptonian - Kal can effectively challenge Brainiac, armies of them led by Zod and powered up should take care of him - or one would think.

I still don't like changing the time line just to save Kal.

If one Kryptonian - Kal can effectively challenge Brainiac, armies of them led by Zod and powered up should take care of him - or one would think.

I still don't like changing the time line just to save Kal.
    Actually is the other way, in the original timeline Krypton get blow up and Kal end up in Earth. Plus, afterthey defeated Brainiac and saved Kandor the cape reverted to normal,only after Zod destroyed the controls and trapped Seg-El in the Phantom Zone the El symbol turned into the Zod one, what could indicate that Brainiac isn't the real cause to Krypton being destroyed.

On the other point, Superman rarely defeats Brainiac using raw force, he usually wins by outsmarting him and never giving up, Zod is arrogant, he would probably believe that his army could handle the problem by their powers alone.

All-New Member

Just finished watching the finale. Have to say, Terence Stamp is still number one but Colin Salmon delivering the "KNEEL" line was f'n awesome.