View Poll Results: Who should be crowned the next Drag Superstar?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aquaria

1 8.33%
  • Asia O’Hara

1 8.33%
  • Blair St. Clair

0 0%
  • Dusty Ray Bottoms

0 0%
  • Eureka O’Hara

1 8.33%
  • Kalorie Karbdashian-Williams

0 0%
  • Kameron Michaels

0 0%
  • Mayhem Miller

2 16.67%
  • Miz Cracker

5 41.67%
  • Monique Heart

0 0%
  • Monét X Change

1 8.33%
  • Vanessa Vanjie Mateo

0 0%
  • The Vixen

1 8.33%
  • Yuhua Hamasaki

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

spoilers:
    Yes I'm going to agree that this episode felt a bit underwhelming compared to the last few but it was still good.
    I’m also veering towards Miss Cracker for the poll vote. Girl has been innovative and consistent. But no one is wowing me 100%
    Mini Challenge – Kameron Michaels should have won but I think giving Vixen the win was calculated to bring more drama
    Runway was just ok after the fabulous ball last week and Shania Twain was a meh judge (outshone by Carrie Preston).

I think Eureka is now indeed a contender and am predicting she is in the Final 3. While I would have given this week’s win to Cracker (better runway) I don’t mind Eureka taking it.
    Monet Xchange – felt sad for her being in the bottom again , but I predict she will lift herself up and go much further now. I think Ru finds her highly entertaining as we all do.
    The Vixen – great runway (I’ve liked most of her looks) but was happy to see her in the bottom three and her bitchface while Eureka was being praised (after trying to set her up for failure). Sorry Kieran, I’m giving props to Eureka for being the bigger person :P
    Monique Heart – was great in the challenge. Pity her runways are sloppy but her brown cow comeback was hilarious.
    Kameron Michaels – love that she is putting so much of effort into being entertaining and proving that she is more than just Team Look
    Mayhem Miller – after being winner in the first episode she has been subsequently unimpressive so was not surprised to see her go

Asia, Aquaria and Blair were just filler this week.
    Vaaangieee over and out!
    end of spoilers

FIRST LOOK - Episode 6

LIVING for the cowboy image; it's purrrrrfection
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 04-25-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Is anyone else watching "Review With A Jew"? Honestly, it's making me adore Miz Cracker even more. It's funny, informative and just fascinating. For example learning the main challenge was on Friday and runway IS MONDAY!!! It really is over a week, I've always wondered. I'd definitely recommend watching these.

I'm not wild about this one, partly because the "tag-line" seems inconsistent with what the challenge was; I think it needed more positivity. Thoughts?
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I've been enjoying Review with a Jew just like I enjoyed Katya's Total RuCall during AS2.
    Last edited by nx01a; 04-27-2018 at 07:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Hey guys so I finally voted - for Eureka <ducks>
    Had a very Avengery weekend so only got to watch Ep.6 last night

spoilers:
    So Blair went home in an emotional farewell (I'm sure after much producer prodding). She gave alot to that Lipsync - but the Vixen came here to slay ( I expected Aquaria to be in the bottom). Blair seems to be much beloved by all and I liked her from the start - such a fresh and positive ingenue (I like her much more than Farrah Moan) and is now a serious contender for Miss Congeniality (or whatever title they have now settled on).
    With two Wins Eureka is now the front runner and I am glad that Monet has picked herself up.
    Asia slayed the runway as the dandelion and loved Kameron's rotating hat. That's all for now have to get back to werqq!
    end of spoilers

EPISODE 6 - RUview
    Apologies for the delay, I was opening a show and have just got back.
    The episode opens with a super fun mini-game called "Sittin' on a Secret", using the tune from All Stars 3's girl group challenge (which was a cute nod). The crotch-shots of the queens was very amusing, and in Kameron's case... HAWT! I did laugh when Eureka crushed the crisps, and Aquaria came off really well (fun, even). But the winner for SHAAAADE was Cracker saying the meat "Is flat and a little cold, so I want to say Aquaria". HA! Asia won the mini-challenge, adding more victories to her stats. Monqique's laugh gives me life... BUT... Ru's hat was back. In the words of Michelle Visage:

For the main challenge Ru is plugging Drag Con, and they must make panel shows: one on hair, one on make-up, one on body. The queens are picking their mates, and... a lot of this review will be me begrudginly singing Eureka's praises. Because she saw Monet and Kameron weren't being picked, so went and picked them. Genuinely the nicest thing she's done on two seasons. And body (in my mind) is the hardest of the panel teams, so I was worried for my man-muscle Kameron. BUT Eureka is the secret weapon, as she's actually done these panels before. Smartly she chooses to host (which gives her the most time to shine, clever cookie). And they create "Proportionising" which I did enjoy. Blair says she teaches wig classes... and all I think of is her say she dances in episode 1, to have that proved a big ol' lie in episode 2; so I have my doubts.

Ru debut's one of his ugliest dresses in ten seasons, we're introduced to Oscar nominated writers of a film I've never heard of, and then we get to panel.
    BODY GROUP - kills it! Of the three groups they had the best chemistry and worked as a unite. They also were the only one who made Bryce look good with the tutorial. That body was snatched.
    MAKE-UP - a safe group. Aquaria was the weakest AND her nose was very Magnolia Crawford; odd for a... make-up... demonstration. They worked well, but the demonstration got very 'all over the shop'. Using Bryce, not using him, and then back and forth from Asia to Aquaria. It was confusing.
    WIG - dayum. This was a car-crash. I was so sad to see the "concept" and be disappointed that they couldn't make it work. But it reminded me of the mis-fire of Trinity/Peppermint in the day-time host challenge, that wasn't the time to be shady. It was a bad choice, that was poorly executed. I mean poor Bryce, he started off looked good with the "Body Group", but by the end was a hot mess. They could have at-least fixed his make-up between takes.

Category Is... HATS INCREDIBLE!!! This was a very fun runway, and by-and-large delivered. The CLEAR WINNER is Asia O'Hara. That stunning white blossom giant afro hat, perfectly complimented with the black and brown dress, GAG! It's right up there with Kameron's bird witch as "best runway of season 10". On the subject of Kameron, I loved his hat, that it moved, he was the only one to think of that BUT the superheroine outfit was fun but not as shockingly fun as the hat. Monet gave us (arguably) her best runway yet (but I've loved a lot that others didn't such as the sponge and the red-apocalypse mask). My only critique is while the whole thing look fabulous that hat was 'but an accessory' rather than the centre-piece. Eureka... nailed it. It was genius, it fitted her body perfectly, and was giving me "evil sister" from Kubo and the Two-Strings (with samurai influence). I really liked Aquaria's magician's rabbit BUT he body was giving me boy. If you remember Courtney Act did a similar look, but feminized it better. I get we're in this age of "break down gender" but it's about drag queens. Give the female illusion, genderbend your look elsewhere (and I'll fully support it, but here, no). Monique Heart... I'm losing faith in. I was pleased we didn't get a tear-away (FOR ONCE), and the concept and shape of both the hat and dress were there, but... it just didn't work. Her taste level is lacking. I don't think I've loved any of her runway looks (the card was the closest, but again attention to detail let her down). Cracker's My Fair Lady inspired goodness made me live, and again her hair = STUNNING. She's the hair queen, step aside Eureka lobes, Cracker's won this season's wig war. Blair was nice but... boring. It's pretty but predicable. And Vixen... no. It's too similar in shape to her "drag on a dime" (and that was nearly landing her in the bottom), and it felt poorly made. Cracker did a much better hat outfit in episode 1.

The "Body Team" wins, and Eureka wins her SECOND victory (two in a row/first to two). She's now a fierce contender, and while I didn't feel she deserved her win last week, this week she DESERVED this win. She nailed it and got the most votes from the audience poll. And it's easily the most I've liked Eureka all season. Asia gets special praise and is safe and then the "Wig Team" are in the bottom. Cracker's dress saves her (rightly so) from lip-syncing... and Blair... look, to be controversial, I didn't like her confessional. It felt like she was carting it out to try and avoid the bottom 2. I could be wrong, but it felt very out-of-place (a bit like Roxxy's break-down in Season 5 after that GAG worthy lipsync against Alyssa). I DID like Vixen's reaction to Blair's story though, it made her very likable. And I loved Ru's comment later during deliberation about Blair's trauma. He's so damn smart, he really understands the psychology of people.

The lip-sync wasn't the best. It was a song tailored to Blair to serve, and she (again) fails. Honestly she is like Farrah Moan, I didn't notice a single thing this season that I would attribute to genuine talent (by which I mean top-of-your-profession star talent). Vixen does a good job, though I didn't gag over forward rolls. I mean... come on. And WHAT IS WITH QUEENS PLAYING MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS this season??? We've had two air guitars and now a saxaphone. To quote Michelle Visage:

So lastly we have to talk about the leaders of the pack. On stats Eureka, Asia and Aquaria are tied. Though I think Cracker will outmaneuver Aquaria and make-up the "Top 3". It's disappointing that we're only on episode 6 and 4 out of the 6 winners have already been in the bottom 2. That's not good. In season 9 Sasha was never in the bottom, and Shea didn't get in the bottom till the very end.
    OVERALL
    A good episode, with a great runway; fun mini-challenges and some lovely interplay between the queens. Not a show-stopper episode, but with Reading AND SNATCH GAME next week... I expect greatness! The front-runners are pulling away from the pack, with three queens (statistically) doing better than the rest by a fair bit. You three betta werrrrrk!
    ~ rating: 4 out of 5 [grade: B+]

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 04-19-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Great Ruview Kieran!!

spoilers:
    I think that they knew that they were eliminating Blair and (the producers) prodded her for the story before she could leave. I don't think she was using it as a tool to stay in per se. Also no Whatcha Packin' this week? The tea is that Blair was arrested for DUI around this time.
    So Asia's hat is actually an Ikea chandelier

end of spoilers

and I do declare Blair St Clair drops a track which has snatched many a wig with it's budget

All I will add is that I was very concerned for Cracker, the most I've ever been for any contestant on the show. She better read the queens for filth and SLAY Snatch Game this week! My heart can't take watching her winner, winner, chicken dinner.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

spoilers:
    Hey Kitty Gills :P ! Whatch’yorll thunk about Season 10 Snatch Game? I thought it was a big improvement over the last few and quite entertaining even with the trainwreck of Asia/Vixen mam-daughter duo. Mermaid runway (duh why hadn’t they done this before ?? (Oooh and its Cher next week) And the Library was great too (LOL @ Aquaria painting for two faces). Expectations sure were turned on their heads this episode. I thought for sure Kameron and Aquaria would struggle this week … but nope.
    Here are my thoughts:
    The Vixen: Well it was interesting how almost everyone (except Eureka) voted for her to go and the mutha reigned hell on them in Untucked. Claws are drawn for next week but don’t see her lasting much longer.
    Monique Heart: Love her to bits but she was just messy and unprepared for both the challenge and lipsync. Prepare to see her back for All Stars#?
    Asia O’ Hara: Silly girl for trying to do Beyonce for Snatch Game. But was living for her kooky rainbow Shape of Water runway.
    Kameron Michaels: Kameron came prepared with a character that played to her strength and got by. Great seeing her being more expressive in Untucked.
    Miss Cracker : Cracker, with her Comedy Queen repertoire should have been a Snatch Game slayer. I thought she did well enough as Dot Parker, but was outshone. At this point not seeing her in the finale but she needs to step her p***y up.
    Monet X Change : continues to have lots of Charisma and her Maya Angelou was fab. Runway a bit clunky with that “Statue of Liberty” torch thingy
    Eureka O’ Hara : Loved her Honey Booboo and expected her to win this week again
    Aquaria: well well well Miss Thing served it this week as Melania Trump (lots of great details) and amazing oil slicked mermaid runway. I don’t like her but kudos, and with two wins she is definitely a contender
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by wonderlad; 05-07-2018 at 02:09 AM.

spoilers:
    At least Monique didn't make any excuses like Charlie Hides and Valentina did. I respect that.
    Aquaria deserved the win... even if she was playing that gold digging woman.
    I loved Monét X Change being such a brilliant Maya Angelou esp. after Chi Chi's utter failure.
    I'm really surprised Cracker's low placement last wee didn't get any focus this week. She really needs to step her bussy up.
    The reading challenge was, as always, hilaRious! The best one was Eureka just getting Kameron to bang her. I say again... Kameron needs to join the Pit Crew if eliminated!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by nx01a; 05-07-2018 at 12:31 PM.

EPISODE 8 - RUview
    "SNATCH GAME"

Sorry for the delay, tour life and this required A LOT of thoughts. Anyway... YEY! The ultimate test of any season is SNATCH GAME; and the fact we have the Reading challenge too is an added cherry to enjoy. This is THE episode of any season, so it's a long review, sorry. I've tried to edit it down, so have had to sacrifice some bits. Anyway, let's dive right in...
    spoilers:
    READING IS FUNDAMENTAL. I will say none of the queens failed, which is a credit to the season. Aquaria dubbing the Vixen "the villain" was purrrrfect, and both Cracker and Vixen had some funny lines, and Monet delivered skillful shade but I hold my hands up and say Eureka steamrolled over this challenge. "Kameron, I don't have a read for you. Please just f*ck me" HILARIOUS!!! A deserved win, and another feather in her bow.

Then we get the joyous explosion of "Snatch Game"; and visiting the werk-room with Ru is season 6 winner Bianca del Rio. She has never looked more beautiful. Stunning! As always the 'walk rounds' can lead to some interesting re-evaluations. Eureka gets clocked (in an identical style to Cynthia Lee Fontane in Season 9) for his Divine impression "so when will you start doing Divine." That's a read! Visually it would have been a good choice for Eureka to do; I think she could mirror Divine's style quite well. Then we move to Asia. I felt bad that Ru basically said she can't do Whitney. Katya alluded in "Total RUcall" that you're not allowed to do Whitney doing drugs in-case the show gets sued. But that makes no sense, Whitney was a KNOWN drug user, it's not defamation when it's true and... she's dead. So it's hardly going to effect her career (sorry to be blunt, but facts are facts; more on that nugget later). Ru then tries to warn Asia away from Beyonce, even offering the idea of doing one of the other Destiny's Child group, which is a good idea. Considering she isn't necessarily a comedy queen I did feel this was overload for Asia; and seeing her and Vixen planning what to say gave me a bad feeling...

... and I'd be right. SNATCH GAME. Both Kameron and Cracker are safe with their work here. I was thrilled Kameron didn't bomb it, I rooted for him. I thought Black Chyna was funny, he did the voice right, but was smart to deepen it about 'testostorone'. Looked the part. Respectable performance.
    THE TOP: Aquaria slayed as Michelle Obama, I mean Melania Trump He looked perfect, he not only had funny replies but that hit back about "No wonder my husband is complaining about China all the time" was the best come-back of the game. Monet delivers (THANK GOD) the true Maya Angelo (sorry Chi Chi). Everything was done to perfection by Monet. That poem... I want that on a T-shirt. And then Eureka. We're going backwards, because I didn't get why the judges thought it was so brilliant. She sounded like Eureka, not Honey BooBoo, she acted the same as she did on Bossy Rossy (they clocked Ben for "playing another old woman" why not clock Eureka for this?). And the drawings... look, first time was funny but after that it was just... she could have done all those answers for every question. It completely avoided the improvisation part of the challenge. Which for a queen not good at comedy is smart, had Kameron done that I'd have applauded his ingenuity. But Eureka is a comedy queen, if she can't handle Snatch Game's improv, she doesn't deserve to be called a comedy queen. It was lazy (though drawing over her face at the end was funny, I do admit). To contrast it, and explain my point better: the brilliance of Nina Bonina Brown's Jasmine Masters was her responses weren't answering the question (true) BUT still relevant to what was asked. It was irreverent, but clever. This was just lazy.
    THE BOTTOM: Blue Ivy was either going to be brilliant or a car crash and it was the latter. Though I DO blame Asia for this, she dominated Blue Ivy, and Vixen painted herself into a corner with the subservient character choice. It was bad. Asia was painful to watch BUT she looked stunning and her natural charisma made my eyes turn to her. And then we come to Monique Heart... actually let's talk about her later...
    SIDE NOTE: I refuse to accept Beyonce can't be funny, she could be, the idea she would end every response with "it's a match" could be funny. If she takes control and announces everything she does is victorious, I'd laugh.

Back in the werk room everyone is worried. I respect Asia for knowing she did bad, she's astute. The Vixen starts her descent into delusion, and seems clueless. And then we get to the runway...

Category Is... MERMAID FANTASY. I will say I didn't love the wheelchair, but appreciate that's what Bette Midler did, so... it's a homage. Overall it was a fun challenge. Aquaria gave. Me. LIFE! That was gag worthy, right up there this season with Kameron's black crow Maleficient and Asia's dandelion hat. Her oil dripping latex mermaid, with wet (YET UNMOVING) hair and blue tears and webbed fingers and ripped fin. It was perfection. Similarly Asia's creep fish mask was controversial. I LOVED IT! It was kabuki/Japanese sea monster, B-movie goodness. Raja loved it on Fashion RUview, and I get the idea. It was thinking outside the box (and might have saved her from lip-syncing, since she couldn't rightly lipsync in the mask... I clocked that dice roll, smart girl!). Kameron had my favourite fin of any queen, it was detailed and believable, but I didn't love the top half. And that was true for most of them, either the top or bottom let them down. Both Vixen and Monique's mermaids look so homemade, and lacking in aesthetic. And Eureka unnecessarily copies Sharon Needles, and it was less effective. And WHY when she's done the black crow witch and the black and white striped Japanese warrior witch is she under the impression the audience expect cute and colourful from her? Delusion. Convince yourself.

Aquaria rightly wins, because as someone who is NOT a comedy queen she served it and looked the best on the runway. She now has the best record of any of the queens this season. She's a real contender. We get the sinful "who should go home and why?" leading to Vixen's Tatianna remix: "Eureka is a complete bitch!" I just found it hilarious because the only one who DIDN'T say the Vixen should go home was Eureka. And then we come to the bottom, and I'm going to be honest: I had a soft spot for Monique, I felt for her having no money... but now... I'm not so sure that's the issue. She didn't know the words, at all. Ignoring that tragic cartwheel (and it was tragic) she can clearly be a little lazy. Her knowledge of Maxine Waters was lazy. She didn't do her research, she didn't know anything about her outside of "reclaiming my time" and minor facts (like her district). She lost character and laughed. And so now I question is her lack out outfits down to money... or laziness. Why not make good ones before she came on the show, why make them in the werk room? And (to misquote Mean Girls) STOP TRYING TO MAKE FACTS ARE FACTS HAPPEN, GETCHIN!)
    end of spoilers

OVERALL
    It wasn't Season 4 awkward in terms of Snatch Game, but it was up there (Beyonce going after everyone was not cute). And despite valiant efforts, this won't be one of the iconic Snatch Games. Same with the Reading; it was solid but not earth shattering. Truthfully I just love that it's Snatch Game AND the Reading challenge in one episode; but to me... this episode... will always be remembered as the one where I realised Miz Cracker isn't going to win. I've been rooting for her for a while now, but no queen has ever won a crown having not won a challenge by episode 6. I held out hope if she won Snatch Game she could Jinx her way to the top. Now it's clear she's just Pandora Box. If she wins the final 4 episodes yeah she could still win... but that ain't gonna happen. Only Ben gets to win 4 in a row.
    ~ rating: 4 out of 5 [grade: B+]

GREAT fan art from this episode...
    https://www.instagram.com/chadsell01/

https://www.instagram.com/artbycheyne/

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    spoilers:

The Vixen: Well it was interesting how almost everyone (except Eureka) voted for her to go and the mutha reigned hell on them in Untucked. Claws are drawn for next week but don’t see her lasting much longer.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Ohhhhh UNTUCKED! I lost so much respect/all sympathy and defense I ever had for Vixen disappeared. She's delusional. Saying she never fights, saying everyone hates Eureka at some point (bullsh*t Kameron opened his mouth long enough to voice an opinion -- and I loved seeing him stand-up for himself and say that wasn't true), saying Vixen's not caused conflict and then marching off not listening to anyone else. No. And the problem with that is now, when she talks of BIG issues (that she wants to stand-up for), it takes away some of her power. She's now a known exaggerator, and that will hurt her cause and was. Not. Cute.
    end of spoilers

Monique Heart: Love her to bits but she was just messy and unprepared for both the challenge and lipsync. Prepare to see her back for All Stars#?[/spoil]
    spoilers:
    NO! She doesn't scream All Star, because she fundamentally never shined. It would be like having Farrah Moan as an All Star.
    end of spoilers

Monet X Change : continues to have lots of Charisma and her Maya Angelou was fab. Runway a bit clunky with that “Statue of Liberty” torch thingy [/spoil]
    spoilers:
    Sadly I think a lot of her looks have great concepts, that don't always come across. To serve this she needed to drop the bomb weapon and have shorter hair, so we saw the scars. I like Monet's looks, but this was clunky.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I've been enjoying Review with a Jew just like I enjoyed Katya's Total RuCall during AS2.
    I watched it on your recommendation. It was a great concept BUT I felt we didn't get enough insight into major moments. The Mirror Crack'd, Alaska's meltdown, I wanted to know her thoughts on these. A few episodes really were almost nothing about the episode. Still fun to listen to in the bath (which is what I did, ha!)

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I say again... Kameron needs to join the Pit Crew if eliminated!
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!

LOL Was waiting for your Ruview Kieran! Astute as always and love the fan art (though Aquaria's hair was tonally too similar to her skin so for a moment I though it was a bald Sasha Velour ). LOL @ Asia's sea monster realness cartoons.

spoilers:
    Regarding Monique not making All Stars - well you could have argued that Aja was not All Star material but her stint on AS#3 turned out quite well. I think Monique's lack of money storyline (like ChiChi )makes for a good recurring All Stars theme - duckling becomes a swan. Loved some of Chichi's looks on All Stars (after she had been quite messy on S8). And Monique seems to have a huge fan following and has great talking heads (and infectious laugh) so will actually be surprised if she doesn't make a future season.
    end of spoilers

EPISODE 9 - RUview
    Vixen is still bitter about last weeks "who should go home", and while I TOTALLY understand her annoyance and frustration with Eureka, but I am dubious of Vixen's logic. She can't keep saying "this is who I am" while demanding Eureka changes who she is... and then her delusion about not thinking it's okay to pick her. Gurl! You pick fights all the time, and now you're reaping the fruit of that; quelle suprise they picked you to go home. Thank god Asia's Charlie Chaplin mustache could distract us from all the drama.

https://www.instagram.com/houseof_jbg/

spoilers:
    (an even more plastic surgery) Chad Michael's appears on screen as Cher, to kick off our week of Cher... first up, the mini-challenge: SLAP OUT OF IT! Going from season 9, where there were so few mini-challenges, I love that they are back every week. This one is another hilarious competition; where Ru has to fake slap the queens. Kameron does a great job "they call you mother, but at your age, shouldn't-SLAP!" HAHAHAHA!!! Vanje came up AGAIN from Vixen. But Asia steals the show, hers was already the funniest even before the fact SHE ACTUALLY GETS SLAPPED by Ru... hilarious. Her reaction of saying "it's about to be Asia O'Hara's Drag Race, I'm gonna own this whole building" was genius.

The main challenge is Cher "the UNOFFICIAL" RUsical. Living. I've waited for them to do "Night of 100 Chers", and while we didn't get that, I'm gagging over the LIVE SINGING. The inner monologue of the queens: Fuccccck my life! It's not just singing, like Season 6's RUsical, this is having to sing live AS CHER!!! It's a tough challenge. And I didn't know Cher had a no#1 hit in every decade. Good on you, gurl! (but what was her hit in the 2010s???). Trodrick is the choreographer, and the main part that sticks out is Eureka's fake, LIEING story about her dad making her sing. The truth is obvious: she's lazy and didn't prepare. She's great at improv, but the two challenges where she has to learn OTHER PEOPLE'S LINES she doesn't know it. I'm amazed she didn't cry about her knee again. Honestly, these excuses... ugh... I'm back to hating her. And based on the Biance del Rio EPIC tea from DragCon, Eureka being lazy, not dedicated and not nice is the mother tucking truth! She's like Darienne Lake, a "pity me" story for every failing, which ultimately might be exposed as not true. On the plus side, Asia has a heart-to-heart with the Vixen, again proving her mother status. It was beautiful, intelligent and much needed. And Aquaria... come through Violet RUdemption, she's getting nicer and nicer every episode. Migrating back to the other side, I loved it.

CHER: THE "UNOFFICIAL" RUSICAL
    Cher naming the emojis Gave. Me. LIFE!
    • Kameron serves us 60s Cher. He does the best job of anyone, he not only looks the most like Cher, and sounds the most like Cher, but he serves Cher (with arguably one of the less iconic Cher looks). Her mannerisms, her attitude, he gave us layers. It was excellent.
    • Monet and Vixen both serve 70s Cher variety show. Monet can't really look like Cher, but she does a great job, the song about cultural appropriation was wonderful topical (and so, SO funny) and then the Vixen... was Cher-less. Absent of ANY Cher-isms. She danced well, but this was about embodying Cher, and she failed.
    • Aquaria has disco Cher, and it was fine. At some points she floundered, at other points she was funny. It was uneven, but not a bomb. And the cape part was funny, and she was SMART (as the judges noticed) to mention it during reviews. Did anyone else think she looked like Farrah's Madonna, or was that just me?
    • Asia has movie star Cher. This... this made me so sad. Movie star Cher is MY CHER! I adore Moonstruck (1986) with all my heart; I have always said she is an excellent actress (and just a good sing). And from the lyrics, Asia had THE FUNNIEST verse. She should have slayed it, and she didn't even look like Cher. It broke my heart, because this was her chance to win, and it failed. Horribly! BUT... I will say, her line "I screwed up all those words" was brilliant. She's always been very good at acknowledging her fails, and that was a great moment.
    • Eureka served us rockstar Cher, again using her body for humour... and I didn't like it. I found it quite... unpleasant. And the biggest laugh came from the cannon, NOT from Eureka. Ugh! If she wins the crown, after Trixie's shockingly undeserving 'victory'... I'll be so unhappy with the show.
    • Miz Cracker was comeback Cher, and like Aquaria had moment of highs and moments of lows. In a stronger competition, she might have been in danger, but it was so obvious who the bottom two were, that this mishmash didn't cost her. "I invented reinvention, bitches," HILARIOUS!

Category Is... GLITTER-RIFIC.
    TOP: Kameron's gorgeous bodysuit She Devil meets Barbie. I love how he uses his big ol' pecs for boobs. Aquaria's stunning, brilliant Virgin Mary, Baroque meets Disco with those crystal eye covers. Once again, she's delivering iconic looks. I'd rank this up with her oil mermaid, Kameron's black crow Maleficent, and Asia's dandelion hat. Speaking of Asia... her clown. THIS is what Thorgy never did, and it was stunning. Funny, clever, the paper hair, the body suit, the body, I loved it. LOVED IT (but it wasn't Aquaria iconic).
    MIDDLE: Eureka's was good, but no gag. It was beautiful disco heaven. And Miz Cracker I enjoyed, but it wasn't till Michelle said he needed an eyelash that I clocked what I didn't like. It needed a gold eyelash, because it throws off the look.
    BOTTOM: Monet's face was everything, stunning Uncle Fester realness, but the body... it needed tits, needed padding. Concept 10, execution 5. Such a shame, she could have won. Vixen's outfit yes was excellent BUT SHE'S DONE THIS BEFORE! It's the hat outfit, it's the foam stripes, it's possibly her best look but it's now recycled. I was bored, despite it's skill.

Kameron wins, which thrills me. He should have won episode 2 too, so I'm counting this as his second win, WHICH MEANS I've been discounting him. For not being a performer, he rises to the challenge. Snatch Game, Bossy Rossy... I'm so impressed. Right now, if he won... I'd not be mad. I'd actually quite like him to win, he's lovely. And the lipsync, F*CK! STOP PLAYING INSTRUMENTS. We've had guitars, drums, trumpets and now more damn drums. I'm thrilled Vixen is gone, just so we get no more bloody musical instruments. Asia does a good job but... I don't know, I felt that song could have delivered a better lipsync. Asia was good but she was no Monet.
    end of spoilers

OVERALL
    A very fun episode concept, that sadly was too talented for many of the queens. Only one person really shined, and that makes me sad. It's like All Star 3 without Ben, there's little to get excited about past Shangela, and this was such an EXCITING challenge. A hilarious mini-challenge, gorgeous runway and a decent lipsync don't save the disappointment from the Maxi challenge. On the plus side I'm really warming to these queens, and enjoying this series a lot; but this RUsical deserved so much more.
    ~ rating: 3 out of 5 [grade: B]

P.S. those dancers were HOT. AF!!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/artbycheyne/

This isn't who I THINK will be Top 3, this is who I'd like to be Top 3.
    • Aquaria
    • Asia O'Hara
    • Kameron Michaels

Miz Cracker, as much as I love her from her Review with a Jew... just isn't delivering. And Monet is always the bridesmaid too (mainly because of her unedited runway). So I love her, but she's not a winner. Sadly I think Eureka will bump out one of my the Top 3 picks (ugh!)
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-16-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Great Ruview as usual Kieran- just a few comments:
    - Kameron really had no competition this week (though Aquaria and Eureka's runway's were great and Monet's Cher was fun). Yeah and Aquaria's Cher was very Farrah Moan Madonna. Aquaria unable to see in Untucked was hilarious (Cracker coming for her felt very producer driven).
    - My prediction for final 3: Eureka, Aquaria and Monet XChange but it really is anyone's game.