View Poll Results: Who should be crowned the next Drag Superstar?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aquaria

1 8.33%
  • Asia O’Hara

1 8.33%
  • Blair St. Clair

0 0%
  • Dusty Ray Bottoms

0 0%
  • Eureka O’Hara

1 8.33%
  • Kalorie Karbdashian-Williams

0 0%
  • Kameron Michaels

0 0%
  • Mayhem Miller

2 16.67%
  • Miz Cracker

5 41.67%
  • Monique Heart

0 0%
  • Monét X Change

1 8.33%
  • Vanessa Vanjie Mateo

0 0%
  • The Vixen

1 8.33%
  • Yuhua Hamasaki

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

EPISODE 11 - RUview
    After Monet's elimination, Kameron is struggling with eliminating Monet. I get it, but you're no Ben dela Christ, so get over it! Asia was right, would you rather have gone? Come on! Elsewhere Cracker has the gorgeous idea of using a sponge to wipe off the lipstick, and it's so beautiful. I do hope they use a sponge next week too (and I can't wait for the Ru-union, because Monet HAS TO ask if Ru likes her sponge dress). Wonderful idea Cracker.

spoilers:
    Next day Kameron is looking HAWT as hell; soon joined by Cheynne Jackson (also hawt). And if you've never googled his leaked photo... do yourself a favour. Ha!

Mini Challenge: Who cares? WHO THE F*CK CARES? It's not "puppets", so I refuse to even acknowledge it happened. This mini doesn't count. We need to make Ru walk down the streets of Westeros as Michelle waves the shame bell! And ON TOP OF THAT the fact no-one had the smarts to do Lil' Pancake! UGH! Asia wins... who cares???

The main challenge is "EVIL TWINS"; which is fascinating. To succeed you must know your faults, and overcome your inner saboteur (I feel Nina Bonina Brown would have slayyyyed this challenge... SHADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDE!). So the queens have to design two looks, and do the voiceover. And the voice-over is almost more important than the look (THIS is the challenge, confront your darkest thoughts). The queens try and help each other with what their negative faults might be, but it's all too tepid. And that's the reality of the episode, the majority just don't dig in. Even when Ru tries to help them see further, some just don't take the lesson. Cracker is told by Ru, she's told by the other queens... and she ultimately blocks them all out to (as Michelle rightly surmised) protect herself. She's not ready. Cracker breaking down over the sowing machine, I could feel that. I KNOW that feeling, where you're overloaded and something simple like opening a packet from the shop or making a drink becomes so overwhelming you need to walk away. And it has NOTHING to do with the actual task. And even when Aquaria spells out Cracker's need to be in her head... nothing. BUT it speaks volumes for Aquaria herself, that depth of understanding about others makes her so strong. For someone so young, she really is very mature.

As for the other queens, Asia is very honest that she takes comfort in misery, and I found that fascinating. Eureka... ugh! Eureka lists off the obvious, and doesn't confront the deepest truth: she keeps referring to herself as fun and kind, but she has a nasty streak to her. She can be a big ol' b*tch. And I would have loved her to tackle that, and prove she isn't delusional. ON THE PLUS SIDE she also feels good about this challenge, so we are spared another sob story about this traumatizing experience one time when her brother (or cousin, or teacher at school) made fun of a drawing she did of an evil twin, and how its given her PTSD. Lastly, Kameron's one contribution to the episode was how she said sab-o-twour. Adorable. And Aquaria telling Kameron to use charades to express his thoughts, LOL!!! Come through, mime!

On the runway Category Is... DOUBLE TROUBLE!
    TOP:
    "Aquaria" - the look is stunning; a skewed lavender and celadon coloured Harlequin inspired Parisian goddess. It was clever hiding her hair (for a later contrast), and the monologue was full of confidence and over confidence.
    "Sabitina" - GAG! A truly evil Joan Crawford, with bloodied apron, cheetah and ocelot (thank-you Michelle) print; and a bone mouth piece. It. Was. STUNNING. I love the contrast of the poofy shoulders and wide skirt, against the skin tight contrast of "Aquaria." It was easily the most evil of the twins, and maniacal from start to finish.
    "Asia" - I really enjoyed the bodysuit, it was very pageant, and the balloons were super cute. It oddly gave me a clown feel, which plays into...
    "North Korea" - EPIC!!!! Serving you It. Serving you dark witch. Serving you the stuff of nightmares. Letting that one balloon go and dragging the rest dead and deflated behind her like chains. Bald, black feathers, loved, loved, loved it. Rightly crowned "the best darkside of the night."

BOTTOM:
    "Eureka" - fun, cute and the life of the party; to quote Jinx Monsoon... delusion, convince yourself! It was an ugly plaid Polly Pocket; hideous from top to bottom.
    "Eufilthior" - I liked the Divine inspired make-up, but it's just re-using an idea she was going to do for Snatch Game. And I liked the mirroring of the ugly plaid print; but the monologue about being fat and loud. That's not digging deep. She's made those jokes since Ep 1.
    "Kameron" - it was a cute snow warrioress; nothing groundbreaking but I liked the spear.
    "Katrina" - I loved the make-up; and the concept of the desert fighter against the snow warrioress was very cool but... Kameron loves video games and comic heroes. He would have known AMPLE examples to highten this. They always say on Project Runway simple is completely fine AS. LONG. AS. IT'S. PERFECTION! And this just wasn't. Concept is great, execution... disappointing. And Kameron knows how to turn a look; so I don't give him a pass.
    "Miz Cracker" - beautiful blue Marie Antoinette dress with pink hair. Not re-inventing the wheel, but still good.
    "Miz Crumb" - second best name after North Korea. I thought the look was great. YES it was basically one part caveman from Katrina and one part bone from "Sabitina"; but it contrasted nicely. The judges rightly called out Cracker for not going deep enough BUT let's be honest no-one left us shook with any confessions.

And that's ultimately the issue with this episode: no-one really confronted their inner saboteur. It was all very nice, and fun, but I feel this challenge really could have been stunning, and moving. And I was left absent of feels. I hated talking to the evil twins, and I both 'liked' critiquing the outfits side-by-side even though we know they aren't; but the attempts to pretend they are all on the same stage felt clunky. And making the "good twins" react in the video room was just bad; almost an excuse for Eureka to over-act. As for the judging: Ru called Sabitina's outfit one of the "top 10 best outfits" on the runway ever. Hmmmm... it was epic but... really? Though I did think comparing her to Violet, Raja and Chad Michaels was both apt and WOW! I think we have a winner. With three wins and no bottom lip-syncs, I'd be shocked if Aquaria didn't take the crown. It's just like Season 7 with Violet vs. Ginger... except Ginger had three wins, and Eureka only has 2. Facts are facts.

The Lipsync was okay. Yes Kameron should have gone on math, but he did better. Neither did great, but he was more watchable. And this was Cracker's time to Raja, Jinx and Bob her status as "fierce" by servvvvving it. And she didn't. I was very disappointed. She looked heartbroken, and with that my dreams of Cracker winning the last three episodes and taking the crown dies. And she didn't Vanjie! DAMMIT! There goes my hope of a queen doing that reference as they exit. UGH! Whyyyyyyy?
    FUN FACT: Kameron Michaels is the only queen in HERstory to lip-sync three times in a row and survive all three. He's this season's lipsync assassin.
    end of spoilers

OVERALL
    Possibly the worst episode of the season. It wasn't dire, but it didn't excite. The mini-challenge was offensive in the lack of puppets, the execution of the challenge was hit-or-miss, only three outfits on the runway were great and the lipsync was meh. As a final five episode goes, it was a bit of a let-down.
    ~ rating: 3 out of 5 [grade: B-]
    P.S. Ru Paul's evil twin... was uncomfortable. There is a reason Ru doesn't wear the runway challenges, because we don't like realizing if she was competing she might not actually win.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I realize reality TV is about being invasive, about digging into people's lives and their personalities... but this was a bit much. Belittle yourself mercilessly and the best belittling wins? Perhaps rejigging it to be 'belittle yourself then overcome it' would have been better instead of the 'be deliriously happy then rip yourself to shreds' that we got.
    spoilers:
    I'm pretty bummed now. This is the first time my favourite hasn't at least made it to the finals.
    I can't bring myself to watch Untucked or any of the WowPresents shows. Maybe after I've finished mourning.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by nx01a; 06-10-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

spoilers:
    yeah a bit underwhelming episode and it was an odd edit with the evil twins - don't think Ru quite pulled it off. What a waste of Cheyenne Jackson with the pancake challenge (though IMO Aquaria won that with her Pancakes Labyrinth design). As for the main runway I liked Aquaria's looks but Top 10 Ever (???) - Sabatina (didn't get the name) looked like a Sharon Needles / Sasha Velour finale hybrid. The lipsync was pretty even, but I guess Kam won more points for sexing it up. Anyway don't see Ru repeating the Top4 lipsync strategy from last year for the finale.... but you never know. Aquaria hasn't lipsung yet but the other 3 are all solid.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Quick thoughts on Episode 12 - am happy no one went home and there is a final 4 - everyone did well with the challenge this week, despite the edit showing nerves and mishaps in the rehearsals. While Kameron may statistically be at the bottom, I like her and identify with her in certain respects as a shyboy and geek. so kudos to Ru for having 4 queens with diverse aspects. Otherwise not much drama and at this stage everyone is so supportive. Statistically Aquaria is in the lead - but so was Shea last year so we'll see where this goes... I still don't think Ru will repeat the lipsync- off like last year
    end of spoilers

EPISODE 12 "AMERICA" - RUview
    [REVIEW COMING SOON]

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 06-28-2018 at 03:37 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Just in time...

RU-UNITED [Episode 13]

We're returning to the Dolby Theatre in New York, just like in Season 9, to spill the tea. YASSSSS, KWEEEEN! Not only was it so good in season 9, but Season 1, 2 and 3 had epic reunions. I'm thrilled they have return to this format; it's so much better with the live audience for the true confessions.

spoilers:
    MISS... VANNNNNNNNJIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    The montage of all the Vanjie moments was super fun. Vanji's face looked stunning, even after removing the veil, she was gorgeous. I would be happy for her to return next season (like Shangela out of a box), because she was funny and had some great fight back this episode. Her personality is a star. I mean... I don't think she'd win, it's very Cynthia Lee/Alyssa = I doubt she can do anything but Vanjie. I just hope she drops that fake "bad English". It's not cute. She knows how to say intercourse (inter-coursing), the same way in episode 1 she knew how to say elegant. (elo-qwent). Miz Cracker labeling the phrase Vanjieeeee the "aloha of Drag" was great and Kalorie is right... she is... sort of responsible for the Vanji thing happening.

LIP SYNCS
    Monet vs. Dusty. Bar whatever happens in the finale, this was the lipsync of the season; and one of the best ever. Monet served it. Dusty's make-up though... I love the eyes, and the dots all around the eyes is great, but it looked like herpes on her lip. [insert Michelle's "no" gif, HA]
    Monique vs. Vixen. I'm not sure i buy the excuse for the bad cartwheel (trying not to kick Vixen, hmmm). She looked stunning though; her face has never been more smooth and yet jagged (in a good way). The outfit so fun. The popcorn = living. And her reactions throughout were giving me elements of Alyssa Edwards. A fierce, fierce, FIERCE... seventh alternate. Honestly, she got a fan in me out of this episode. Based on this reunion... I want Monique back for All Stars over anyone else. Because it was purely her runways that let her down, I'd love to see her free of that (with coin to look brilliant like she does now).
    Kameron vs. Eureka. Kameron looks stunning, almost a more heightened version of his evil twin from episode 11. It was great. But the most interesting part of this was Aquaria. First the outfit: LIVING. I love a good homage, and Aquaria's fun throwback at Monique's cowprint was both hilarious AND stunning. The detail was on point, the feather, the earrings, the make-up and freckles. She's a star; and that genderfluid element makes her so wonderful. The most interesting thing about the conversation regarding two "double shantays" was Ru not NOT confirming if two double saves could ever happen in a season. I liked that a lot. I'm not sure we'll ever see one, but I could be wrong.
    Kameron vs. Miz Cracker. I love Cracker's Lady Godiva inspired outfit. She looks incredible and as a general thought: this entire episode reminds me what I love about Cracker. She's back. She's confident. Her jokes and self-deprecation was on point; reminding me of Cracker in the first few episodes. Of everyone in this season, I think Cracker could very genuinely win an All Star.

CONFESSIONS
    Not my favourite part because in general we don't learn anything new. With Dusty I remember feeling so sad when he confessed about exorcising the 'gay demon' in the original episode, and I felt bad here too. That comment at the end that he loves his chosen family but... "it just could be better" broke my heart. I really felt the love from the girls (outside of Kameron, who seemed completely indifferent). Monique Heart talking about god and Jesus... I'm religious, so I really loved seeing Ru and Monique and Monet talking about religion in these contexts. Monet really was on the money when she called drag the highest form of gay. HA! So true, they are basically the High Priests of Gay. Yuhae's confession that in Asian culture you just don't talk about 'shameful' things was fascinating, and her Ring inspired look: GAG! Raja and Manilla gave it the Top Toot of the week (for me Aquaria wins that). Cracker confronts Asia about not being a star, and I loved the honestly and vulnerability Cracker showed. It's so frustrating, as that was the challenge the episode she went home; why is she just learning NOW to do that! Also I couldn't help but notice (as I observed in the last episode once I finally put up the review!) Asia STILL doesn't call Cracker a star. But that's a good example of being honest but being tactful about how you phrase it (Vixen could learn from that, more of that in the next post). And Blair... no comment. Also what was with her face??? Blair had such a soft, round face in the show and in the reunion it's manly and long???

TOOT OR BOOT
    The girls toot Kameron's feather goddess, boot Cracker's silver fox. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY... Ru finally tooted the sponge dress. YASSSSS! I waited all season for that! It do take nerve!

QUESTION TIME
    Mayhem asks why Aquaria and Asia said her drag "didn't have a WOW factor". She gets bonus points for saying "fuck my drag, right?". I have to praise Aquaria here. I think she came off really well the whole episode; and her response was both honest but well phrased. She really has grown the most. But the ultimate T comes here... Kameron gets Valentina'd. Monique basically called Kameron out for being false, and just like with Valentina two things happened:
    1) everyone seemed to agree. NO-ONE disagreed. Let that sink in! Monet's reactions behind were priceless; Kalorie, Dusty, Blair all seemed to support the comment, and Cracker was just not making eye-contact which is a whole confession in of itself. It was like watching a secret they had all kept in EXPLODE for our viewing pleasure!
    2) I CLOCKED. THAT... FACE! Just like with Valentina there was a brief moment where the mask dropped. Monique called it, and I saw it. Who's she? WHO IS SHE! I know it's a constructed show, but still... to be that off with what we see to how someone is... kind of cool. Then again Kameron is a hairdresser, and not to stereotype but...

THE LIBRARY IS OPEN
    Okay, Vanjie was very funny. Her clap back of "I'm glad I have a catch phrase, who are you again?" was hilarious. Aquaria's "Wakanda fish is that?" was very clever (yey, Black Panther)... and Dusty!!! Dayum. She is a sneaky one, she read the house to filth with Kameron.

WHO SHOULD TAKE THE CROWN?
    The girls are asked who should take it. Eureka gets the most votes (though 2 were by default). I DIED with Cracker's comment "Came for me. Came for me. Sent me home. By process of elimination..." HAHAHAHAHA! Asia gets 3. Aquaria gets 2 votes, and I found it lovely hearing Dusty say she should be Miss Congeniality too (esp. considering their Untucked where Dusty said Aquaria was mean) and to have so many girls nod yes in agreement with Dusty was really telling. And Kameron... I felt bad. YES he is not going to win, we know that, but still... that must have been hard to listen to. Deep down I'm sure he knew he wouldn't win BUT it still hurts to hear. That forced smile at the end was sad.
    end of spoilers

OVERALL
    SO. HAPPY! The episode was so good. SO GOOD. On par with Season 9's reunion. It's basically a giant bitchfest, and tears. Who couldn't love it? Though a small part of me is sad the best grade I've given this season was the reunion. I think the issue stems from (as I said before) it is a season of Miss Congenialities, and not of winners. I did like seeing the queens now they have coin; and so many epic moments happened. Ru, you did it again. Bring on the finale.
    #TeamAquaria
    ~ rating: 5 out of 5 [grade: A]

P.S. Vixengate is so epic it needs its own post [SEE: below], but to summarize: I do think Vixen is incredibly deluded in her righteousness, I 100% believe Eureka got off waaaaaay too lightly, I think Ru was speaking hard truths (and it wasn't unfair) and Asia either solidified her crown or completely ruined her chances
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 06-28-2018 at 04:17 AM.

VIXENGATE [RuUNITED... continued]

spoilers:
    VIXEN CAME TO FIGHT... AQUARIA
    There are several things about this that hindsight shows us:
    1) when Aquaria walks away Vixen continues to say "you done ran across the whole room. Scared. Sad." BARE THAT IN MIND! According to Vixen, walking away is admitting you lost. So if we judge Vixen by her own standards...
    2) "I was trying to tell Cracker the truth" BULL. SH*T! Vixen was smiling and beaming at the joy of telling this and it had NOTHING to do with protecting a sister. Nothing. Not one drop. That is self-revisionism bullsh*t. She enjoyed outing Aquaria's comments FOR DRAMA. As a dig. As a victory over Aquaria, it had nothing to do with Cracker. And this is really my issue with Vixen, she can drop hard truths but she cannot take them or embrace them. She cannot admit she was wrong (more on that later). Ru 100% labelled it right: it's a one way street!
    3) Vixen came for Monet!!! This moment actually, for me, summarizes Vixen's overall problem. She just 'reacts' irrationally at times. Monet asked her to not say "the girls" and Vixen took that very reasonable statement as an attack. And Vixen WILL. NOT. LET. IT. GO!!! So she retaliated, and for the rest of that segment actually said "based on what MONET and Aquaria said". She put Monet first; did no-one else clock that? She emphasized the name Monet as an attack, as a dig. It was petty. Now I'm sure Vixen would say "I didn't start that fight, she said don't say the girls" but the truth is whoever takes it from a discussion TO A FIGHT starts the fight. Kalorie didn't start the fight with Aquaria, she started the question about what was said. BIG. DIFFERENCE. Vixen was the one to elevate it to a fight in both these cases.

The true star of this moment was Aquaria. She... she just shined. She was calm. Eloquent. Apologetic. Honest. And my favourite moment of the whole episode was Aquaria saying "I didn't want to disrespect her to her face" only to have Miz Cracker cackle "ONLY BEHIND HER BACK" HAHAHAHA!!! Brilliant. It was very interesting seeing how the Cracker/Aquaria dynamic has... not so much changed by evolved. And both of them were so smart to basically agree to not have it be part of their story. It's very mature, and very clever. AND they both stuck to that. Kudos. BUT IN A ROUNDABOUT WAY... actually Vixen's fight, while totally self-serving and malicious... probably did Aquaria a world of good, and ended the Cracker/Aquaria feud before we really got much mined gold out of it.
    IN CONCLUSION: the winner is... Aquaria.

VIXEN CAME TO FIGHT... EUREKA
    As a side note I lived for Monique's face watching the fight again; and the silence after gave Ru such a great opening: "Oh now you silent, now you ain't got nothing to say" HAHAHAHA! Bravo Ru.

This overall issue here is Eureka is playing the game and Vixen is bad at attempts to NOT play the game. If you believe Eureka's fake ass apology and regret for the situation... [insert Thorgy making that "ugh" sound] But the fact is, like a politician or celebrity, she is saying all the words she's meant to say. She's feigning contrition, she's tailoring the situation as defending herself. It's very smart. It's all fake, but it's smart. But Vixen... on the one hand I applaud her for sticking to her guns, but on the other, she just refuses to allow anything to be black and white. When asked repeatedly does she regret anything, when asked if she stands by what she said, Vixen has to clap back. She can't just take a moment, think, and realise there is a middle ground.

The internet has exploded with criticism of RuPaul in this moment, but I don't see it. Vixen is riff with bullsh*t, and he's calling her on it. He called Nina on it, he called Tammie Brown on it way back when. Why should Vixen be allowed to get away with her delusions? And Eureka doesn't get let off scott free either. Ru calls her out when she tries to brush it off with "a little defensive", and he won't allow her to use 'little'. He repeats "you're not off the hook, Eureka" and when she says she has to work on it, Ru correctly says "it's not something you have to work on, it's just something you have to do." But because Eureka is playing the game... smart girl. Where as Vixen's problem is: it's okay to not play the game (RE: Ben dela Christ) but it's HOW you don't play the game that matters. And sticking your heels in, reacting to everything, refusing to admit any fault, re-writing history, re-imagining truths... that's not how you fight the power. If you're not going to play the game, you have to be twice as good as the game. Ben was... Vixen isn't. I do wonder is Vixen's issue with Eureka was that video where Eureka is caught saying the N word a lot. She never says WHY she doesn't like Eureka, but I can't help but feel that is it.

And despite the fact I support Ru calling bullsh*t on Vixen... Eureka was at fault. And here's why. Eureka played semantics. When Vixen said you admitted attacking, and Eureka denied it, saying I never said that, then later Monet added "she said testing." The moment someone plays semantics, is the moment they are trying to redirect the conversation because they are losing. Never trust a bitch who gets hung up on semantics! Eureka did set out to test Vixen. And it was an attack. Don't play semantics, confront the reality. And no-one calls Eureka on it, which is the HEART OF THE ISSUE! Asia tries, and good on her. And I LIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVED for Vixen saying "there was a lie in there" and spilling all the T on Eureka setting everything up for the cameras and asking "how shall we handle this". And that fake ass reconciliation back in episode 6 now makes SO MUCH SENSE.
    IN CONCLUSION: the winner is... Vixen.

VIXEN CAME TO FIGHT... RUPAUL
    But sadly Vixen's time is numbered. She repeats her tired catchphrase "never once did I start a fight" leading to all viewers thinking of Jinx Monsoon: DELUSION... convince yourself! And Ru tries to make it clear she had a choice, that you could "also not say anything" as a legitimate choice. Vixen won't listen. She leaves. Scared. Sad. Cracker tries to stop her, but ultimately... she's on her own. And this may seem harsh, but that was a coffin made of her own nails. I do think she's damaged, I do think she needs help, but AT SOME POINT you have to let people who are beyond help hit rock bottom. Vixen, as it standard right now (and based on her Twitter feed) is beyond help.

So now with a blank chair, we have the girls discuss the situation. Ru is not gentle, but neither was he when Phi Phi didn't show to the All Star 2 reunion. They are contracted for this, they know what they have to do (Vixen has to know this would come up); to then duck-and-cover is, for want of a better word, disrespectful. These queens want the coin and security from Ru's show, but don't want to take the rough with the smooth? There's a word for that...

Vixen has few friends left, and Mayhem takes the opinion it's not what Vixen is commenting on, it's HOW she comments. Which is very true. Going back to the Ben dela Christ comparison. It's HOW you don't play the game that counts. Monet agrees with Mayhem, but then Asia steps up to the plate. And before we get to that, I want to make the side note of I'm glad it was the black queens who predominantly talked about this, because this is such a specific issue to them, it comes from a place of hurt, of rejection, and it was their story to discuss and tell. So well done other queens for knowing when to shut up and let those who actually know what this feels like: speak. Anyway... Asia O' Hara, a queen for the people, unfurls her gorgeous motherly wings, embraces Vixen and defends her babies. I. LOVED. IT! That doesn't mean I disagree with Ru, he rightly called out Vixen for being beyond help (at this point in time) but I can still adore the compassion and motherly nature of Asia. "the Vixen seems to me like a person crying out for help" as her voice cracks, and she UGLY cries. It was human and just beautiful. Now Ru gives as a good as he gets, and it very much reminded me of his fight with Tammie Brown. There are very, VERY few moments when Ru's voices gets into that aggressive space; and that can be incredibly intimidating, but Asia stands her ground. It was glorious. I'm not sure if this will cost her the crown, or elevate her for the win. Because she proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, she offers something no other crowned queen does: she's mother! I'd happily have Asia O'Hara's Drag Race. I really would. She reminds me so much of Ru, she's put together, knows herself and flows compassion.

But Ru's words ring in my head:
    - You gotta let people go, whether it's anger, or an issue. It's not a two way street, it's one-sided conversation.
    - Do you believe we could have done anything to change her mind.
    - Can you explain to someone who cannot be spoken to

And that really does summerise Vixengate (to me)
    IN CONCLUSION: the winner is... Asia.
    end of spoilers

Ru vs Tammie Brown (to remind the children)

https://scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram...46123236_n.mp4
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 06-28-2018 at 04:20 AM.

/\ The finale is filmed before reunited, and now with the Lipsync For Your Crown format, at least 2 queens know they lost, and if one of them really slays the final lipsync it would be kinda hard to give it to the other... So what they do on reunion wouldn't really have much impact on that.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

What did everyone think of the finale?

spoilers:
    -I’m glad Monet won Miss Congeniality.
    -I’m disappointed with how Asia’s lip sync turned out.
    -Blair’s look was my favorite.
    -The 3-way lip sync felt contrived
    -Aquaria deserved the crown, but Kameron won that performance.
    -I hope, in future seasons, contestants will stop relying on gimmicks to sell a lip sync.
    end of spoilers

The right queen won. She had the best performances of the night. Everyone else was pretty boring in comparison.

Last edited by nx01a; 07-01-2018 at 06:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Hey Kitty girls! How yourll doin' ??? Thanks for the Ru-union Ruview Kieran - personally I found it emotionally exhausting with almost everyone's trauma trotted out for airing and Vixengate (sigh). But thank gawd for Vangie - she really had the most personality in the Meet the Queens segments so was sad to see her go so soon... but look how it turned out! And Kameron getting picked on - I'm still prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt. Introverted behaviour is not easy to read.
    Yes lots of great personalities this season and would love to see many of them back for All Stars - Monet, Monique, Blair, Cracker, Vangie, maybe even Yuhua , not to mention the uncrowned finalists.. .which bring us to the final...

spoilers:
    It was electrifying for the most bit but those lipsyncs were messy and I hope Ru does not repeat the format next year.

1. Seeing the S1 queens Ru-united was cool (Where TF was Tammie Brown!!??) Nina Flores turned it out and Rebecca Glasscock is looking juicy now
    2. The runways were amazing all round - Fashion Photo Ruview handed the prize to Blair St Clair and it's a great pick
    3. Sasha Valour's Borg Queen Eve had me gagging
    4. Vixen looked all cheery - before she bombed out at the reunion
    5. Kameron won the first lipsync fair after Asia focused too much on the mechanics of her costume - now everyone's trying to replicate Sasha's stunts from last year with less flair.
    6. The second lipsync was hard to call though I thought Eureka pulled out more so the tie was a shocker
    7. the threeway final Lipsync was messy as hell but Aquaria clicked with the song more than the other 2
    8. Overall Aquaria is a worthy winner and I am pleased - she has grown through the season and despite a shaky start did not really put a foot wrong
    9. So we can look forward to Eureka and Kameron in All Stars!!
    10. And if Asia does not do an All Stars, she can start her own series (we can hope!!) . Personally when she was all salty against Ru in the finale (like Shea last year) I knew already she wasn't going to win.
    end of spoilers