Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

I think that the big problem here is the color dessing.

It,s look too bleak and pale for something destined to little girls. It,s needs more color. With gurihiru working in the promo comic the contrast only make its worse.

I always had a problem with marvel in house animation color style since avengers assemble. I felt it make it look too serious and stilted for saturday morning shows, something that also makes the jokes felt anti-natural since the visual style makes you in the mood for something more serious and it ends feeling like a mood whisplash.

This is going to be the last Marvel animation proyect done by their own division?. Because as far as i know Moon Girl and Deadpool are going to be done in Titmouse.

If I hear good word of mouth maybe its worth checking out but right now its just budget animation
    The J-man

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    If I hear good word of mouth maybe its worth checking out but right now its just budget animation
    I respectfully dissagree the budget will be related to how well the characters will move. And the animation could actually be pretty good, althougt i see the characters dessings a bit too detailed to be animation friendly.

But the problem is that the combination of both characters and color scheme doesn,t scream "fun show for little girls" and that is the feeling that this proyect should be giving.
    Last edited by mike2112; 03-23-2018 at 08:22 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why does it look like they made Squirrel Girl wider than usual?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Well Marvel Animation continues to have horrible taste in animation and design but let's see what the insides show shall we?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Squirrel Girl has a thick look in her book (drawn by Erica Henderson). Her body shape has been praised for its use of a truer to life body image. My take is she needs huge thighs because she's Squirrel Girl and squirrels have huge hind legs.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike2112 View Post

It,s look too bleak and pale for something destined to little girls. It,s needs more color.
    With gurihiru working in the promo comic the contrast only make its worse.

I always had a problem with marvel in house animation color style since avengers assemble. I felt it make it look too serious and stilted for saturday morning shows, something that also makes the jokes felt anti-natural since the visual style makes you in the mood for something more serious and it ends feeling like a mood whisplash.

This is going to be the last Marvel animation proyect done by their own division?. Because as far as i know Moon Girl and Deadpool are going to be done in Titmouse.
    I 100% agree with that. Something defiantly seems off with the colors. With the promotional art its all bright and colorful but here the characters all look pretty bland.

That being said I'm still looking forward to the show.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogvampire View Post
    I 100% agree with that. Something defiantly seems off with the colors. With the promotional art its all bright and colorful but here the characters all look pretty bland.

That being said I'm still looking forward to the show.
    The sad fact is that all their cartoons have this problem for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2112 View Post

It,s look too bleak and pale for something destined to little girls. It,s needs more color. With gurihiru working in the promo comic the contrast only make its worse.
    It should be noted, they're only on a couple of covers, and they used Earth-616 designs, not the cartoon's.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-23-2018 at 07:30 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It should be noted, they're only on a couple of covers, and they used Earth-616 designs (i.e. red sleeves on Kamala, short hair on Doreen) not the cartoon's.
    Carol's hair is also her current short look instead of the longer 'do she's sporting for the cartoon.

Astonishing Member

It's ok, I know I am not the biggest fan of the newer Marvel animation but I do like this a bit more then the USM/AA animation which just tried to hard to make it look like the MCU so everything looked way to stiff and no motion at least these feel like a cartoon, and some of the changes they made to the characters looks are ok their own style from the original but still recognizable except for Inferno, what did they do to you.

Why do Marvel toons look so flat now, what is going on? Who is telling them that this is ok
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Because artists never agree on how to draw her body type. I mean, we see that in comics right now, so it's not surprising we have yet another interpretation of her looks in this animation. That being said, I think her body looks completely fine on this design.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-23-2018 at 11:34 PM.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Why do Marvel toons look so flat now, what is going on? Who is telling them that this is ok
    I think that's from the lack of shading. Without shadows all the lines appear to be on the same plane.

Overall I think the designs are ok. I appreciate Squirrel girl's and America's thicker designs I do wish Captain Marvel's arm were bigger or more defined, but I think the diluted colors and lack of shading is putting up unnecessary barriers from liking these designs.