Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in Marvel Universe?

Yes, I know there has been a recent crossover between the Mighty Morphin Power Rnagers and the Justice League from DC Comics. I truly love it!!! However, the more I think of it, the more I think the Power Rangers should have a crossover with Marvel Comics. The reason is simple, and it is because Marvel shares a lot more of similarities with the Power Rnagers' universe than DC Comics. Allow me to explain it:

+ In Marvel, there's a place named Monster Island, full of giant monsters. Just imagine what Rita Repulsa or Lord Zedd could do with so many creatures to form an army. Poor old Finster will have to retire after this.

+ Marvel has the Savage Land, an area full of dinosaurs and other extinct animals like mammoths or sabertooth tigers; it would be the perfect place to hide the Dinozords.

+ Marvel's Earth has a moon that have "The Blue Area", where you can breath as in Earth. Rita and Zedd could have their palace here; not to mention they could have resources in the Kree's abandoned city in this place or even the old place of Uatu the Watcher.

+ Recently, during "Avengers Ideas Mechanicals", there was created a giant battle robot named Avengers Five that looked like pretty much like a Megazord. That robot was created thanks to the designs of the Quintronic Man.

+ There's also the American Kaiju, who honestly, it reminds me the Dragonzord.

+ Kid Kaiju and his five monsters (Hi-Vo, Scragg, Mekara, Aegis and Slizzik) have the ability to combine into a giant warrior named Smasher, quite similar to a Megazord made of monsters.

+ Rita Repulsa has her wand, and Lord Zedd his growing grenades, to make their monsters grow. But I wonder if maybe Ant-Man could neutralize them with the Pym Particles.

+ In DC, most of the heroes are pure power and they match gods' power (like Superman, Wonder Woman or Green Lantern). However, in Marvel, many heroes fight using signature weapons (Captain America's Shield, Thor's Mjolnir, Iron Man's armor, Hawkeye's bow, Black Widow's tonfas??); similar to the Power Rangers' weapons.

Well, what do you think? The Power Rangers could actually fit in the Marvel Universe?

I wouldn't be opposed to it. It would fit in as well as Rom and the Micronauts that came before.

I'm a big PR fan so I'd be for it.

I enjoyed the MMPR/DC team-up for what it was, so I'd love the hell out of a crossover with Marvel.

The trick is to balance the story so the Rangers have just as much opportunity to shine as the mainstream superheroes. I think this would actually be easier to do with Marvel since so many of them are much more grounded in the power/ability department than DC's big characters that flirt with god status (Supes, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc.). And you just know Tony Stark would want to reverse engineer a dinozord.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yes, I know there has been a recent crossover between the Mighty Morphin Power Rnagers and the Justice League from DC Comics. I truly love it!!! However, the more I think of it, the more I think the Power Rangers should have a crossover with Marvel Comics. The reason is simple, and it is because Marvel shares a lot more of similarities with the Power Rnagers' universe than DC Comics. Allow me to explain it:

+ In Marvel, there's a place named Monster Island, full of giant monsters. Just imagine what Rita Repulsa or Lord Zedd could do with so many creatures to form an army. Poor old Finster will have to retire after this.

+ Marvel has the Savage Land, an area full of dinosaurs and other extinct animals like mammoths or sabertooth tigers; it would be the perfect place to hide the Dinozords.

+ Marvel's Earth has a moon that have "The Blue Area", where you can breath as in Earth. Rita and Zedd could have their palace here; not to mention they could have resources in the Kree's abandoned city in this place or even the old place of Uatu the Watcher.

+ Recently, during "Avengers Ideas Mechanicals", there was created a giant battle robot named Avengers Five that looked like pretty much like a Megazord. That robot was created thanks to the designs of the Quintronic Man.

+ Kid Kaiju and his five monsters (Hi-Vo, Scragg, Mekara, Aegis and Slizzik) have the ability to combine into a giant warrior named Smasher, quite similar to a Megazord made of monsters.

+ Rita Repulsa has her wand, and Lord Zedd his growing grenades, to make their monsters grow. But I wonder if maybe Ant-Man could neutralize them with the Pym Particles.

+ In DC, most of the heroes are pure power and they match gods' power (like Superman, Wonder Woman or Green Lantern). However, in Marvel, many heroes fight using signature weapons (Captain America's Shield, Thor's Mjolnir, Iron Man's armor, Hawkeye's bow, Black Widow's tonfas??); similar to the Power Rangers' weapons.

Well, what do you think? The Power Rangers could actually fit in the Marvel Universe?
    A lot of thought went into that. Yeah, I could see the Power Rangers fitting in the Marvel Universe quite nicely. Also Marvel has always liked its monsters, especially those from the pre-FF days, and one would think how much they love to plumb that well. The Rangers would inevitably butt heads with the likes of Fin Fang Foom, Diablo, Grootu, Goom, Googam, and other creatures on the loose.

Sounds fine in practice. However, my PR exposure is pretty much limited to the 2017 movie, so it wouldn't be worth it to me that much if it's not that iteration of the PRs.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

A Marvel/MMPR crosover would be fun

This is definitely one of those what could have been situations. If Disney hadn't sold PR back to Saban, which happened around the same time they bought Marvel, then instead of the Boom comics, they could have ended up bringing them in to Earth-616. The only reason they didn't when they were publishing MMPR comics in 1995 was because of the terms of the license, Saban insisted on that one - unlike Boom's current comics - being faithful to the show (well, except for those Ninja Ranger stories where they didn't use the Zyuranger suits).

Those Boom Studios comic books are great though - looking forward to Shattered Grid!

He should - both are based on Godzilla.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sounds fine in practice. However, my PR exposure is pretty much limited to the 2017 movie, so it wouldn't be worth it to me that much if it's not that iteration of the PRs.
    I'm a old fan that followed the adventures of the Power Rangers from the beginning and grew up with them. It's obvious my experience is far greater than yours, pal. And by the way, as far as I see, the 2017 movie was an embarrassment for the franchise. The only good thing for me was the cameo of both, the originals Tommy and Kimberly. The movie from back 1995 was far superior to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This is definitely one of those what could have been situations. If Disney hadn't sold PR back to Saban, which happened around the same time they bought Marvel, then instead of the Boom comics, they could have ended up bringing them in to Earth-616. The only reason they didn't when they were publishing MMPR comics in 1995 was because of the terms of the license, Saban insisted on that one - unlike Boom's current comics - being faithful to the show (well, except for those Ninja Ranger stories where they didn't use the Zyuranger suits).
    The problem with Disney is that it didn't buy the whole franchise, that's why they couldn't, for example, use the Might Morphin Power Rangers' theme song when Adam returned in his MM Black Ranger uniform in Operation Overdrive.

And by the way, I remembered a few other examples of Marvel's compatibility with the Power Rangers. Check:

+ During Spider-Verse, Spider-Man recruited several Spider-Man from realities where they lived in Japan, instead of USA. Takuya Yamashiro was one of them, and it had a giant battle robot named Leopardon, and they both worked in the same style as the Power Rangers with their Zords.

+ Also in Spider-Verse, an old franchise was remembered too. They were the MegaMorphs, transformable vehicles/battle robots that heroes and villains from Marvel used in an alternative reality. We saw the ones of Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus, but Captain America, Iron Man and even Hulk had MegaMorphs too. You don't need too much to realize the MegaMorphs had a lot of similarities with the Zords.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'm a old fan that followed the adventures of the Power Rangers from the beginning and grew up with them. It's obvious my experience is far greater than yours, pal. And by the way, as far as I see, the 2017 movie was an embarrassment for the franchise. The only good thing for me was the cameo of both, the originals Tommy and Kimberly. The movie from back 1995 was far superior to this.

The problem with Disney is that it didn't buy the whole franchise, that's why they couldn't, for example, use the Might Morphin Power Rangers' theme song when Adam returned in his MM Black Ranger uniform in Operation Overdrive.

And by the way, I remembered a few other examples of Marvel's compatibility with the Power Rangers. Check:

+ During Spider-Verse, Spider-Man recruited several Spider-Man from realities where they lived in Japan, instead of USA. Takuya Yamashiro was one of them, and it had a giant battle robot named Leopardon, and they both worked in the same style as the Power Rangers with their Zords.

+ Also in Spider-Verse, an old franchise was remembered too. They were the MegaMorphs, transformable vehicles/battle robots that heroes and villains from Marvel used in an alternative reality. We saw the ones of Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus, but Captain America, Iron Man and even Hulk had MegaMorphs too. You don't need too much to realize the MegaMorphs had a lot of similarities with the Zords.
    And in fact, Leopardon in the Toei Spider-Man series was the direct inspiration for Super Sentai (the source material for Power Rangers) to begin using giant battle robots, so it's almost a straight line from Spider-Man to Power Rangers. As for the Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus MegaMorphs, they didn't appear in Spider-Verse, but in the follow-up ongoing Web Warriors. Still, I would also love a Power Rangers/Marvel Universe crossover.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I'm a big PR fan so I'd be for it.
    Same here. Especially if the crossover involves the team of Power Rangers that Kyle Higgins has been developing with the Boom Studios series. That book has been fantastic from the beginning. They already crossed over with the Justice League a while back. I think they would fit right in with Marvel.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

I recall Dan Slott admitted he did write some of the MMPR strips for Marvel.

They DID buy the whole franchise. Problem is they didn't get Saban Music Group in the deal when they bought Saban Entertainment and Fox Family, and thus couldn't use the old soundtracks except in stock footage (i.e. Dino Thunder's Legacy of Power episode). Saban Music Group would later become Saban Capital Group (which current production company Saban Brands and copyright owner SCG Power Rangers are subsidiaries of), and the music catalogue was sold off with the exception of the Power Rangers music, as Saban had the franchise back by then and has actively been using it (Samurai, Megaforce, and Dino Charge all have theme tunes that are based on MMPR's, and while Ninja Steel's theme is mostly original, it's actually brought back a lot of MMPR's soundtrack in recent episodes).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

One of my favourites moments in MMPR/JL crossover was seeing Tommy (the Green Ranger) being the only one capable of put Batman in his place. "We don't have time to argue, there a life at stake. If you don't want to work with us, then stay out of our way!".

I would like to see him doing the same with Maria Hill, because she's been as imbecile as Batman can be many times.

This article claims Boom is owned by Fox? When did that happen? If Fox has a controlling stake and then gets taken over by Disney.... Boom would end up taken over by Marvel.
    https://www.pipelinecomics.com/the-i...ket-implosion/