Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I miss Linda and Wally together...

Linda in a swimsuit .
    Lol. I'm partial to the wig and glasses disguise she used in there, myself.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Lol. I'm partial to the wig and glasses disguise she used in there, myself.
    The Lois Lane maneuver .

The Lois Lane maneuver .
    Just with a lot more of berating of respective love interest. Don't worry, Wally didn't listen to half of it.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

I maintain that Waid's Linda is the best written female love interest of that entire era. One of the best ever. Very few writers ever pull off the unpowered female love interest and make them a standout, awesome character. Wally and Linda were the best couple in comics for years and that we lost them should be one of DC's greatest shames. Everyone gushing over Batman getting married or Superman having a kid, Linda and Wally beat them all by decades and were great while doing it. I have trouble finding a relationship written half as well in DC since they got rid of the two of them.
    Last edited by Dred; 12-16-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I maintain that Waid's Linda is the best written female love interest of that entire era. One of the best ever. Very few writers ever pull off the unpowered female love interest and make them a standout, awesome character. Wally and Linda were the best couple in comics for years and that we lost them should be one of DC's greatest shames. Everyone gushing over Batman getting married or Superman having a kid, Linda and Wally beat them all by decades and were great while doing it. I have trouble finding a relationship written half as well in DC since they got rid of the two of them.
    Very well said and seconded. Also seeing their progression from not being able to stand each other to being so in love was amazing.

I think the only couple that comes close is Lois and Clark in the 90s triangle years. But even they don't beat Wally and Linda.

Very well said and seconded. Also seeing their progression from not being able to stand each other to being so in love was amazing.

I think the only couple that comes close is Lois and Clark in the 90s triangle years. But even they don't beat Wally and Linda.
    DC has a lot of iconic couples (and for good reason) and Wally and Linda are deservedly up there.

Astonishing Member

Wally and Linda aren't even close on the "iconic" scale. Only serious comic fans even know they were a thing. More people think Linda is a one off love interest for Barry than Wally's soulmate.

But in terms of quality writing of a relationship, very few come close. Not Lois and Clark, not Bruce and Selina, not Diana and Steve. They had a sizeable, yet relatively brief period together that correlated with the best writing the series ever got and it was magical. The only other relationships that are as well written are similarly sparse when compared to the monstrous maw that is the DC Comics back catalog. I imagine if they were written again, or written as much as Lois and Clark, they'd get their fair share of terrible stories and ruined relationship dynamics just the same.

But, even in spite of DC spitting in my face at every turn and telling me no, I do hope one day we can have it back. Maybe when the day comes where someone who hates us less gives us a sidelong glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Wally and Linda aren't even close on the "iconic" scale. Only serious comic fans even know they were a thing. More people think Linda is a one off love interest for Barry than Wally's soulmate.

But in terms of quality writing of a relationship, very few come close. Not Lois and Clark, not Bruce and Selina, not Diana and Steve. They had a sizeable, yet relatively brief period together that correlated with the best writing the series ever got and it was magical. The only other relationships that are as well written are similarly sparse when compared to the monstrous maw that is the DC Comics back catalog. I imagine if they were written again, or written as much as Lois and Clark, they'd get their fair share of terrible stories and ruined relationship dynamics just the same.

But, even in spite of DC spitting in my face at every turn and telling me no, I do hope one day we can have it back. Maybe when the day comes where someone who hates us less gives us a sidelong glance.
    I think it is definitely a relationship that is more iconic among comic fans or anyone with more then a passing knowledge of the Flash mythos then it is with the general public.

One of the reasons I really like Linda is that she was her own character right off the bat and not just a love interest for Wally.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The only other female supporting character who comes close is Lois.
    Come to think of it, DC are doing well with Mera these days too.

All three are well rounded 'people' not just props or cardboard cut-outs there to move a plot along.

I think Linda definitely suffered once Mark Waid left the book.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

I think it is definitely a relationship that is more iconic among comic fans or anyone with more then a passing knowledge of the Flash mythos then it is with the general public.
    The majority of comic fans are barely even aware of them. I'd bet you 4 out of 5 Batman comic fans don't even know who Linda Park is. A similar number probably still thinks Wally's Kid Flash since they only saw him in DCUniverse rebirth and, go figure, the one comic DC made sure everyone read had Wally only wearing the Kid Flash costume next to Barry (this is the ultimate minor nitpick in a great comic, mind you). Like you'd say the name and it wouldn't ring a bell -- you'd have to show them HIC 3 or DC Universe Rebirth, point her out, and you'd get "oh, her, I didn't remember her."

9/10 people in the country know who Lois Lane is. Every comic fan knows who Catwoman is. Just the nature of the business. What counts for a "passing knowledge of the Flash Mythos" these days does not include Linda anymore. Only Barry ancillary stuff.
    Last edited by Dred; 12-17-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Wow!!! That's amazing.

Thanks for that Spider Ham.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Wow!!! That's amazing.

Thanks for that Spider Ham.
    My pleasure, it made my day !

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Wow! Stunning art piece .