Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

I don’t think Lois is going to die in this series. In fact I’m not even sure when she died in the DKR continuity. But wasting the “Year One” title on a past his prime Miller was probably not the best idea. Oh well.

Didn't Frank event the whole year one name with Bats no reason not to use it on his Superman origin. I'm still looking forward to this, I don't put much stock in reviews. I love both the writer and artist so I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it on some level even if I don't think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I thought I heard it was gonna come out all at once as a trade though? Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Didn't Frank event the whole year one name with Bats no reason not to use it on his Superman origin. I'm still looking forward to this, I don't put much stock in reviews. I love both the writer and artist so I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it on some level even if I don't think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I thought I heard it was gonna come out all at once as a trade though? Oh well.
    The way they’re doing Black Label book is the whole thing is written and drawn as one continuous story. However DC releases it in three oversized parts for those who would rather not wait and want the story ASAP. Once it’s all out they will release it as one book.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

My only quibble with the Year One name is that everything else they've done with that name has been in official continuity. Batman YO. WW YO. Flash YO. This may give a false impression this is official canon.
    Assassinate Putin!

I was looking forward to this, but knowing that this is the same government lap dog Superman that Batman will beat up and humiliate repeatedly in the future, made me loose interest.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    My only quibble with the Year One name is that everything else they've done with that name has been in official continuity. Batman YO. WW YO. Flash YO. This may give a false impression this is official canon.
    They shouldn’t have wasted the title on modern Miller, but he was the one who wrote the first “Year One” so I suppose he’s entitled to it. But yeah I wish they hadn’t given it to him.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yeah, consider my curiosity sated. Not picking this up.

More money to spend on those Lois and Jimmy books.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-27-2019 at 01:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t think Lois is going to die in this series. In fact I’m not even sure when she died in the DKR continuity. But wasting the “Year One” title on a past his prime Miller was probably not the best idea. Oh well.
    It doesn’t matter. I’m sure you are correct that she won’t die in this book but we know she is carelessly killed off at some point soon (because Frank Miller is of the completely misguided and sexist opinion that Lois or and human is not good enough for Superman—-a fundamental and sexist misunderstanding of the very point of the character from the ground up) so WHO CARES what he has to say about her?

By setting this story in the DKR AU, he has rendered any story he’s trying to tell completely pointless. He has tried to market these books as fresh distinctly because they are supposedly devoted to women and he had his fans coming out of the woodwork trying to defend him that “this was his chance to prove he liked Lois” and it’s all for nothing. It’s a waste. We know he’s still killing her off so nothing he has to say about her matters. The book is pointless.

This is not some new and improved Miller. It’s just more of the same. Why DC still allows this man to touch their female icons is beyond the pale. They should be more protective of their IP.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

How Dark Knight Returns Changes Superman Year One (Spoilers): https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...-one-spoilers/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    How Dark Knight Returns Changes Superman Year One (Spoilers): https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...-one-spoilers/
    Sounds like it's typical Miller to me.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

YO trailer with new images from the mini:

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Holy sh!t.

If I hadn't actually read the preview for the book, I'd be all kinds of hype because that trailer was legitimately fantastic.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Holy sh!t.

If I hadn't actually read the preview for the book, I'd be all kinds of hype because that trailer was legitimately fantastic.
    I only saw the trailer myself and it looked good. Was the preview that bad?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I only saw the trailer myself and it looked good. Was the preview that bad?
    I can only speak for myself, but yeah. It was genuinely underwhelming and oddly cartoonish in a way that I don't think was intended. It's just kind of odd, I guess.

But I'll still give it a fair go because, again, that trailer was hype as sh!t.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm pretty into it. The worst I saw was just some awkward dialogue but I think enough story will kinda push that to the backseat. And enough super titles makes this totally extra. With three other Superman books, Leviathan, Super Sons, Supergirl, Lois, Jimmy, and Legion down the pipe through summer to fall and beyond, I can't say this non canon book has much pressure.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES