Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Plan to check out the first issue. See where it goes from there.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Okay, I'll ask the obvious question: How were they able to cut his hair?
    Assassinate Putin!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Maybe he byrnes it off with heat vision in a mirror.

Excellent. I love the outsider attention, especially the rather typical perspective on the character. They need to release that volume 2 on July 4th week.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

That article was one of the most offensive things I’ve ever read. This book sounds like absolute garbage and DC is going to deserve every ounce of backlash it’s going to bring for allowing him to write it. Absolutely horrible.

That interview is interesting. Far from being a bootlicker Miller seems to be writing Supes as someone who doesn’t take to authority very well, which is an interesting characterization given how he wrote his end in TDKR. Feel like I keep going back and forth on this lol, guess we’ll see how I feel once I read it.

I am very keen to see Miller's young Clark.

The DK verse has its timeline already laid down in terms that we know this is the Superman we saw in the last 3 DK volumes. We get to see that burdened man in his carefree youth, where he is prob like any other young man...eager to go out into the world...and see its beauty and people and learn about it. So he has 4 relationships. Nothing at all new there. Given his life span...seems pretty conservative to me. Don't know where the ladies man bit comes about given they are the women we all know who are part of his life at different times and ages. It's pretty normal actually.

I am very interested to see how these early days and Clark himself grow and change. Things clearly would have happened to test, temper and even subdue his energy and passion from his youth to make him into a man walking a tightrope.

I suspect he had to make an enormous sacrifice at some point...at expense of his own pride and reputation...to keep billions safe...while people call him govt flunky. Miller says this is his pov. Not Batman's. So we will see through his eyes and see that maybe Batman's pov was not as it seemed because it was one sided.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I am very keen to see Miller's young Clark.

The DK verse has its timeline already laid down in terms that we know this is the Superman we saw in the last 3 DK volumes. We get to see that burdened man in his carefree youth, where he is prob like any other young man...eager to go out into the world...and see its beauty and people and learn about it. So he has 4 relationships. Nothing at all new there. Given his life span...seems pretty conservative to me. Don't know where the ladies man bit comes about given they are the women we all know who are part of his life at different times and ages. It's pretty normal actually.

I am very interested to see how these early days and Clark himself grow and change. Things clearly would have happened to test, temper and even subdue his energy and passion from his youth to make him into a man walking a tightrope.

I suspect he had to make an enormous sacrifice at some point...at expense of his own pride and reputation...to keep billions safe...while people call him govt flunky. Miller says this is his pov. Not Batman's. So we will see through his eyes and see that maybe Batman's pov was not as it seemed because it was one sided.
    LOL. LOL. Yes, it sounds like he’s super eager to “go out in the world” and enforce US imperialism and abuse his power and privilege by shooting people. What an absolutely beautiful story. I’m so keen to read it. Absolutely revolutionary. Cannot wait to read notorious islamaphobe tell this beautiful story of war.

And how lovely to see Clark’s life include the attempted gang rape of his high school sweetheart. How touching.

But Superman ends up with Wonder Woman (in what will likely be an extremely offensive portrayal of her) so I guess all of that is just dandy huh? LOL. Omg.

Incredible Member

Ive read some spoilers already, his Superman is rip. Since Lois going to be in book 3, is there any way to save her from Miller? No? I guess she's going to get butchered too...
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    LOL. LOL. Yes, it sounds like he’s super eager to “go out in the world” and enforce US imperialism and abuse his power and privilege by shooting people. What an absolutely beautiful story. I’m so keen to read it. Absolutely revolutionary. Cannot wait to read notorious islamaphobe tell this beautiful story of war.

And how lovely to see Clark’s life include the attempted gang rape of his high school sweetheart. How touching.

But Superman ends up with Wonder Woman (in what will likely be an extremely offensive portrayal of her) so I guess all of that is just dandy huh? LOL. Omg.
    It's not out to read for us yet, and it sounds completely impossible for you to enjoy it at this point anyway. Why bother bashing it?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Very much looking forward to this!

That's interesting how Frank got some of the military jargon inaccurate ... they don't refer to their recruits as "soldiers"? That's a shame, I think "soldier" sounds good. Do they refer to them as "cadets" or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post

At least you're not bitter LOL

I mean, if you care about the character at all, garbage takes like this have the potential to actively harm him. Miller hasn’t written anything worthwhile or even good in like 30 years. Stuff like Holy Terror is actively offensive. So it’s understandable to be upset that this is being pushed as some seminal Superman book when it’s shaping up to be one of the worst takes on the character in decades.

Gang rape doesn’t belong in Superman’s origin.

The SEAL thing is beyond dumb, and Miller getting all the terminology wrong is hilarious because it’s so on the nose. He writes jingoistic, xenophobic nonsense but doesn’t have the interest or care to get basic terminology, like that the Navy is different than the army. But from the guy who wrote Holy Terror, not really surprising.

Miller really should have retired in like 2000.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I mean, if you care about the character at all, garbage takes like this have the potential to actively harm him. Miller hasn’t written anything worthwhile or even good in like 30 years. Stuff like Holy Terror is actively offensive. So it’s understandable to be upset that this is being pushed as some seminal Superman book when it’s shaping up to be one of the worst takes on the character in decades.

Gang rape doesn’t belong in Superman’s origin.

The SEAL thing is beyond dumb, and Miller getting all the terminology wrong is hilarious because it’s so on the nose. He writes jingoistic, xenophobic nonsense but doesn’t have the interest or care to get basic terminology, like that the Navy is different than the army. But from the guy who wrote Holy Terror, not really surprising.

Miller really should have retired in like 2000.
    Those are the reasons I want Lois to not be associated with this book tbh. I wish he can rename Lois character to Lola Dane or something lol.
    This is the origin to Miller DRK series. as Superman fans, we know where that Superman end up to be right? Superman image never recovered since then. This series could be the greatest Superman origin ever but it doesn't change what happened afterwards.
    Last edited by cookies; 06-19-2019 at 03:27 AM.
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19