Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Very much looking forward to reading this one. Really like the art. Last preview page of Clark in the field observing the night sky especially

I'm having a feeling it'll make Batman y 1, Last crusade, DKR, DKSA and MR reach a full circle of sorts.

Also. Here's two interviews with Miller. He seems really rather lively.

https://youtu.be/CMHWHonUBZ0
    https://youtu.be/LQuzOiEPeEM
    This is about as much smiling as I ever seen FM do!

Thanks for posting these panels. They look amazing!

I'm so hungry to read the hell out of this comic!

BTW I'm also looking forward to those other books DC have signed Miller on for ... I know one of them is a OGN focused on Carrie Kelly ... I suspect one will be Dark Knight 4 ... and I hope one of the other ones will be that World War 2 project with DC heroes he's mentioned once or twice previously ... that would be badass

I have heard that the book is set in 1940s/50s. What benefit can be there in setting it at such a time? I am curious.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I have heard that the book is set in 1940s/50s. What benefit can be there in setting it at such a time? I am curious.
    Where did you hear this? I wondered if it might be for two reasons-- First, we know Miller really like Golden Age era, low-powered/rough'n'tumble Superman/heroes in general. And second, in those sneak peak pages, little Clark's got a slingshot in his back pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    But is it wrong of me to wish they could get Mazzucchelli back?
    Yes, because Mazz doesn't draw like that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Where did you hear this? I wondered if it might be for two reasons-- First, we know Miller really like Golden Age era, low-powered/rough'n'tumble Superman/heroes in general. And second, in those sneak peak pages, little Clark's got a slingshot in his back pocket.
    I thought that was common knowledge from the beginning. I looked up online and here's a link. This year one style story is set during second world war.

https://www.cbr.com/fank-miller-superman-year-one/

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I love Asterios Polyp too, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I thought that was common knowledge from the beginning. I looked up online and here's a link. This year one style story is set during second world war.

These people need editors. fank-miller. And that story where Superman was crated. Wonder how he got out of that?

I love the idea that this is more or less the original Superman being set in the 1940s. Then again, the timing is such that this could be the same Suoerman who appears in DKR.

I do love Miller's explanation, that DKR was simply all from Batman's point of view.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    These people need editors. fank-miller. And that story where Superman was crated. Wonder how he got out of that?

I love the idea that this is more or less the original Superman being set in the 1940s. Then again, the timing is such that this could be the same Suoerman who appears in DKR.

I do love Miller's explanation, that DKR was simply all from Batman's point of view.
    Yep. There are so many errors that one can doubt whether its a genuine article. Or a third grader wrote that article.

I think that just might be the idea. I really don't see any reason in setting the story in 1950s. Dark Knight Returns connection just might be what he is thinking. I would have preferred if he wrote his Superman now. Grant Morrison kind of did that in his Action run. There has to be some reason why it is in those times which goes beyond simply the setting. On reading it we can get the idea. But right now i am drawing a blank.

I have not read much of Golden Age. So, i am not as excited as you are. Though i love Golden Age Supes. Hopefully it turns out real good.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-25-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

If it's set during WW2 then it's a pretty safe assumption that it is neither the DKR Superman or the mainstream Superman. Assuming that's still the plan. I suppose it could be the DKR Superman since we don't know much about him or his history (other then the fact that he's still working at the DP by the time ASBR happened). But you would think people would notice that Kent guy never ages!
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Which is a shame because his Year One style has a minimalist but realistic look to it. Even more than his Daredevil stuff.
    Assassinate Putin!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Very much looking forward to reading this one. Really like the art. Last preview page of Clark in the field observing the night sky especially

I'm having a feeling it'll make Batman y 1, Last crusade, DKR, DKSA and MR reach a full circle of sorts.

One of those interviews, where Miller talks about Clark being a ladies man...that might be interesting, but also might be sad...Hoping for the best!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I never was opposed to this project in the slightest, and had some anticipation for it, but that anticipation keeps growing with everything I'm seeing/reading.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

He's such a cool guy. And he's definitely in touch with his inner-child. He's got that mischievous grin. And I like how he replies, "Whoever I'm working on" when he's asked who his favourite character is. It goes to show how he puts everything into his work

It's also worth pointing out how he mentioned that Batman wasn't very popular when he was working on the original Dark Knight. I remember those days too. It's interesting how times have changed (and Frank was a major player in those changes) ... I've got such a good feeling about this book
    Last edited by friendly-fire-press; 03-26-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Incredible Member

Was just watching on of Jim Lee's Twitch videos of him drawing a page for AC #1000, and he briefly mentions this project-- Apparently it's got a lot to do with Superman's relationships with various women and how they've affected him. He name drops Lana, Lois and-- get ready-- Lori Lemaris.

Not an angle I was expecting.

About 25mins 30secs minutes in here.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/236783550