Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 274
  1. #76
    Mighty Member Minerboh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Solicit and date for the complete collection of the yet-to-be-released Superman Year One series has been released along with a (not final) cover





    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...-gets-a-cover/
    November release date?
    How's that possible? The first issue hasn't even solicited yet, the series is bimonthly (assuming of course that it will go on schedule) and it runs for three issues.

  2. #77
    Mighty Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    November release date?
    How's that possible? The first issue hasn't even solicited yet, the series is bimonthly (assuming of course that it will go on schedule) and it runs for three issues.
    Might be releasing it in one book all at once.

  3. #78
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,960

    Default

    That's what I was expecting and hoping. At this point, 2 years since announcement, it would be a little ridiculous to start as a series.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member Doctor Know's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,819

    Default

    I forgot this was going to be a thing. I may have to check it out.

    Some cover Frank Miller did back in the 80s.



  5. #80
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    Eh, I'm at least curious enough to wait and let some reviews get in before deciding whether this is worthwhile or not. Sure, Frank Miller has been less hit and more miss these past 20 years, and has done Superman no favors even when he was writing the hits, but even his misses are still kind of fun little train wrecks if you don't take them too seriously. Besides, he wrote Superman poorly to prop up Batman - maybe that's less about his take on Superman than it is a writing crutch to prop up the main story character. Maybe in that case he'll write Batman or someone else poorly to prop up Superman, you never know. I mean, I'm a little skeptical the man is still capable of genius, but that doesn't mean he might not have one genuinely good story left in him, or failing that at least one hell of an entertaining train wreck left in him. Or like I'm the goddamn Batman, Superman will get another internet meme that's not Superpope marrying Jimmy to a monkey or something.

  6. #81
    Mighty Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I'm at least curious enough to wait and let some reviews get in before deciding whether this is worthwhile or not. Sure, Frank Miller has been less hit and more miss these past 20 years, and has done Superman no favors even when he was writing the hits, but even his misses are still kind of fun little train wrecks if you don't take them too seriously. Besides, he wrote Superman poorly to prop up Batman - maybe that's less about his take on Superman than it is a writing crutch to prop up the main story character. Maybe in that case he'll write Batman or someone else poorly to prop up Superman, you never know. I mean, I'm a little skeptical the man is still capable of genius, but that doesn't mean he might not have one genuinely good story left in him, or failing that at least one hell of an entertaining train wreck left in him. Or like I'm the goddamn Batman, Superman will get another internet meme that's not Superpope marrying Jimmy to a monkey or something.
    Basically how I feel. If it’s good, great. It will just be one of the 101 origin stories we’ve gotten and it’s noncanon so anything we dislike we can ignore. If it’s bad I hope it’s ASBAR-tier so we can all have a good laugh while remembering again that it’s noncanon.

  7. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I'm at least curious enough to wait and let some reviews get in before deciding whether this is worthwhile or not. Sure, Frank Miller has been less hit and more miss these past 20 years, and has done Superman no favors even when he was writing the hits, but even his misses are still kind of fun little train wrecks if you don't take them too seriously. Besides, he wrote Superman poorly to prop up Batman - maybe that's less about his take on Superman than it is a writing crutch to prop up the main story character. Maybe in that case he'll write Batman or someone else poorly to prop up Superman, you never know. I mean, I'm a little skeptical the man is still capable of genius, but that doesn't mean he might not have one genuinely good story left in him, or failing that at least one hell of an entertaining train wreck left in him. Or like I'm the goddamn Batman, Superman will get another internet meme that's not Superpope marrying Jimmy to a monkey or something.
    Eh, we’ll see.


    We’ll see.
    Pull List:
    Marvel: Spider-Man:Renew Your Vows, Champions, Marvel Two-in-One, Fantastic Four (2018), Avengers (2018), Mr and Mrs X, Ironheart
    DC: Not much these days, but being cautiously optimistic for Shazam! (2018-2019) and Young Justice

  8. #83
    Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I'm at least curious enough to wait and let some reviews get in before deciding whether this is worthwhile or not. Sure, Frank Miller has been less hit and more miss these past 20 years, and has done Superman no favors even when he was writing the hits, but even his misses are still kind of fun little train wrecks if you don't take them too seriously. Besides, he wrote Superman poorly to prop up Batman - maybe that's less about his take on Superman than it is a writing crutch to prop up the main story character. Maybe in that case he'll write Batman or someone else poorly to prop up Superman, you never know. I mean, I'm a little skeptical the man is still capable of genius, but that doesn't mean he might not have one genuinely good story left in him, or failing that at least one hell of an entertaining train wreck left in him. Or like I'm the goddamn Batman, Superman will get another internet meme that's not Superpope marrying Jimmy to a monkey or something.
    I'm not. He isn't. It's not a coincidence they put Azzarello on with him for DK3. I honestly think he's lost his talent. Maybe it's an age thing, maybe it's his extreme libertarianism getting in the way. IDK. But going back and reading things like Year One and Born Again and comparing it to his more modern efforts just feels like something happened to him in the last 20 years that compromised his talent. You could argue it was 9/11 but he was already halfway through DKSA when that happened and it was no great shakes either. His writing is like a less amusing Neal Adams. Adam's writing is bad in a funny way. Miller doesn't get that pass because he used to be good at it. I actually liked Born Again better than DKR (of course it doesn't have Daredevil kicking Thor's ass either). I feel like DC is just giving him this gig because at one point in the nineties he said he wanted to work on Superman. I'm not optimistic this will be great but I am willing to at least give it a chance. But my hopes aren't high.
    Now listen to me, Clark! This great strength of yours--you've got to hide it from people or they'll be scared of you!

  9. #84
    Mighty Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm not. He isn't. It's not a coincidence they put Azzarello on with him for DK3. I honestly think he's lost his talent. Maybe it's an age thing, maybe it's his extreme libertarianism getting in the way. IDK. But going back and reading things like Year One and Born Again and comparing it to his more modern efforts just feels like something happened to him in the last 20 years that compromised his talent. You could argue it was 9/11 but he was already halfway through DKSA when that happened and it was no great shakes either. His writing is like a less amusing Neal Adams. Adam's writing is bad in a funny way. Miller doesn't get that pass because he used to be good at it. I actually liked Born Again better than DKR (of course it doesn't have Daredevil kicking Thor's ass either). I feel like DC is just giving him this gig because at one point in the nineties he said he wanted to work on Superman. I'm not optimistic this will be great but I am willing to at least give it a chance. But my hopes aren't high.
    Brutal assessment but I donít disagree.

  10. #85
    Fantastic Member Eto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Projects don't have to be released in anniversary years. And projects get pushed back all the time. And you don't cancel projects because of people complaining online.
    Agreed.
    Lmao why would they cancel it?

  11. #86
    Fantastic Member Eto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    305

    Default

    For some odd reason, I'm curious and would like to give it a try.

  12. #87
    Spectacular Member The_Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Agreed.
    Lmao why would they cancel it?
    Maybe he showed them drafts that are based on his version of Superman from his Batman All Star Run?

  13. #88
    Fantastic Member dimo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    254

    Default

    First time after, I guess it was the Snyder / Capullo on Batman announcement, that I‘m really excited about a release.
    Dany Miki rocks, at least on the covers, and I hope Romita and he can connect to the Romita / Williamson magic on Daredevil.

  14. #89
    Fantastic Member Gurz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    480

    Default

    I hope it will be good and i hope it won't be turn in to a dark knight case with crapy squels... If it's good.
    Bad bad boy with a bad bad girl in a bad bad world.

    Favorite DC Charaters:
    1-Batman, 2-Nightwing, 3-Black Adam, 4-Cassandra Cain, 5-Aquaman,6-Catwoman, 7- Wesley Dodds (Sandman),8-Green Lantern, 9-Supergirl, 10-Green Arrow
    Favorite Marvel Characters:
    1-Wolverine, 2-Blade, 3-Punisher, 4-Daredevil
    Favorite Image, Top Cow Characters:
    1-Darkness, 2-Witchblade, 3-Invincible, 4-Spawn, 5-Dragon
    Favorite Valiant Characters:
    1-Bloodshot

  15. #90
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    Miller & Romita's SUPERMAN: YEAR ONE Landing this June: https://www.newsarama.com/44327-mill...this-june.html

    Superman: Year One by writer Frank Miller and artist John Romita Jr. - originally annnounced at 2017's Comic-Con International: San Diego as a 100-page graphic novel - is now scheduled to launch June 19 as a three-issue series in a special, large-format size.

    While DC didn't provide further details on the larger format, the Black Label imprint title is scheduled to run every-other-month with a collected edition following on November 12.

    Superman: Year One is described by the publisher as the "definitive origin story" for the Man of Steel

    "Superman: Year One is a coming-of-age story for the future Man of Steel, featuring a young alien-boy just trying to find his place in a new world," reads DC's description of the title. "Faced with the need to hide his heritage and powers in order to survive, Clark will find his humanity through the grounding of the Kent family and the relationships that will define the man he will become."

    "Told by two of the most revered voices in comics, Superman: Year One is more than a superhero story - itís about the choices made by Clark Kent on his path to becoming a legend. Itís a testament to the importance of choosing to become a hero."

    Superman: Year One was originally scheduled to debut in August 2018 and was later pushed back to November 2018. The first issue is now scheduled to debut June 19, 2019.







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •