Extraordinary Member

Default Arkham City: The Order of the World #1 Preview

Extraordinary Member

This shot of Pyg is dope

Extraordinary Member

Ratcatcher eats kids now...?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ratcatcher eats kids now...?
    By the way, what number "Ratcatcher" are we on now? Didn't a guy Luke Fox know (Lonnie?) become "Ratcatcher" in Batwing, and didn't that version get killed by the GCPD in I am Batman recently?

Plus didn't the original version give up being Ratcatcher and showed up in Mother Panic a while back?

Their work on Coffin Bound makes me interested in picking this up. Though I doubt it’ll be as good because editorial.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, what number "Ratcatcher" are we on now? Didn't a guy Luke Fox know (Lonnie?) become "Ratcatcher" in Batwing, and didn't that version get killed by the GCPD in I am Batman recently?

Plus didn't the original version give up being Ratcatcher and showed up in Mother Panic a while back?
    Yeah, the Batwing-Ratcatcher was shot by cops in The Next Batman: Second Son, and then a young girl gets ahold of that Ratcatcher's mask. His fate is left ambiguous though, with one cop asking if he'll make it and another replying he doesn't care. So it seems it could go either way.

It's hard to tell for sure, but I get the impression opening scene could be a flashback from Dr. Joy's files. We won't know until this issue releases, but the way she says the girl was eight years old makes it seem like it could be set in the past. That would make things easier, as she refers to Ratcatcher as Otis, who was the one shot in Second Son.

I've been debating pretty heavily on whether to pick this up as it releases, or wait for the trade. I really dug Dani's art in Secret Files: Miracle Molly, and I'm excited for some Azrael content betwen this and Urban Legends, so I think I'll try out the first issue and see what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Yeah, the Batwing-Ratcatcher was shot by cops in The Next Batman: Second Son, and then a young girl gets ahold of that Ratcatcher's mask. His fate is left ambiguous though, with one cop asking if he'll make it and another replying he doesn't care. So it seems it could go either way.

It's hard to tell for sure, but I get the impression opening scene could be a flashback from Dr. Joy's files. We won't know until this issue releases, but the way she says the girl was eight years old makes it seem like it could be set in the past. That would make things easier, as she refers to Ratcatcher as Otis, who was the one shot in Second Son.

I've been debating pretty heavily on whether to pick this up as it releases, or wait for the trade. I really dug Dani's art in Secret Files: Miracle Molly, and I'm excited for some Azrael content betwen this and Urban Legends, so I think I'll try out the first issue and see what I think.
    Seems like they were setting up for some potential movie synergy.

Ultimate Member

Seems like they were setting up for some potential movie synergy.
    Wouldn't be the worst thing, IMO. That Ratcatcher was interesting, powerful and sympathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Wouldn't be the worst thing, IMO. That Ratcatcher was interesting, powerful and sympathetic.
    I'm not sure if they could quite capture it in the comics. It would depend on how they'd use her that didn't revolve around menacing Gotham (like one would expect from Ratcatcher normally).

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure if they could quite capture it in the comics. It would depend on how they'd use her that didn't revolve around menacing Gotham (like one would expect from Ratcatcher normally).
    Writers shouldn't bind themselves to expectations, and I can think of a few ways she could threaten people and still be sympathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Writers shouldn't bind themselves to expectations, and I can think of a few ways she could threaten people and still be sympathetic.
    Probably. I mean, I'm still assuming Batman was the one who caught her in the first place in the movies continuity.

I don't know, I thought it was average issue? I'm not a big fan of Azrael so I'm not sure if I'm going to return for #2.

Extraordinary Member

I enjoyed this quite a bit, moody art and a focus on some lower tier characters. Felt rather unique compared to the rest of the current line.