Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #43 Preview

All his life, Wonder Woman’s brother Jason has longed to meet his mother, Hippolyta, but the machinations of the gods have made it impossible.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusi...r-woman-43?amp

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    All his life, Wonder Woman’s brother Jason has longed to meet his mother, Hippolyta, but the machinations of the gods have made it impossible.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusi...r-woman-43?amp
    The whole preview was on Jason.

And when Steve says that he devised a team or a way to defeat Diana, wasn't that supposed to be Katana? Does anyone believe that this would even work on her?

Couldn't find a way to enlarge the images so I couldn't read it, but for someone who doesn't mind Jason and want to see him succeed, they have got to stop marketing the book like this. The book is Wonder Woman, feature her. You develop a supporting character by having them SUPPORT the main character. That's the whole point. Its doubly a problem when you're having a problem selling the character to the readers in the first place. You're not only doing a disservice to the main character, Wonder Woman, but you're also in essence sabotaging your new character by trying too hard.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-23-2018 at 12:38 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm almost willing to bet that Robinson doesn't like Jason and that with D.C. they are searching for a way to get rid of him without risking a backlash. At that point, it's the only things which would make sense of the way he is marketed and all... I mean, come on. I like the idea of Diana having a twin, but here, it's clearly badly dealt with. Last issue was already leaving me on the edge, but here, it seems to be going full "Jason has to go", and I really dislike it. Clearly, Johns has dropped him to someone else, but Rucka didn't want to deal with him and Robinson has to, without knowing what to do with him and what great plan Johns had at first. But that the results of Darkseid War in a nutshell by now : erased quickly or the potential squandered (I still think that grail could be one of the greatest villain facing of Wonder Woman if D.C. had actually pushed the final depiction she had in DW : have her trying to do with Darkseid what Myrina had done to her, thinking that it'll help him become "good" and potentially had her trying to get her mother back and she would be far more interesting).

They are going full-Poochie with Jason. I actually do wonder now if it's deliberate and Robinson's just taking the piss.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I can't wait until we get a "I have to go, my home planet needs me" from Jason.

("Jason's spaceship exploded on the way to his home planet.")

What's up with that golden noodle-metal thing his 'ram's head' amulet is hanging on? Is it fabric, like satin? Is it metal? What the hell is that thing?! How can he raise his arms over his head or shoulders, with that resting on his shoulder guards? This so-called armor makes no sense.

I like how Jason's Storm-like powers are being portrayed here...Storm-like! Instead of his physical body chemically changing into a storm, he appears to conjure or project lightning and hurricane winds, here. While I like that, it's a little close to Captain Marvel, considering Jason's powers originating from the Greek gods - namely, ..Zeus.

I accept that Jason is being 'installed', here, like an auto part in a race car that's running fine, without him. The solicits tell us that he's in the comic, well after his upcoming meeting with Hippolyta and well after WW #46. I accept there's some world-building going on, here, ..so long as it's understood that Wonder Woman, and not Jason, is at the center of that world. In the good old days, the new Olympi...I mean 'Jason' would have been introduced in one, classic, action-packed story and not seen again, until an annual special issue - something, like that - but, that's not what James is doing with him. All I can say, since I'm still reading the comic and believe in Jason's place in the Wonderverse, is...

This had better be good.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-23-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

At least Steve’s no dummy...although I am concerned that ARGUS apparently has a big neon sign hanging on it like it was a Holiday Inn.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderscott View Post
    at least steve’s no dummy...although i am concerned that argus apparently has a big neon sign hanging on it like it was a holiday inn.
    Hotel A.R.G.U.S...!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-23-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

With the whole thing with Jason never won a fight seems to be Jason getting hurt or killed

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    At least Steve’s no dummy...although I am concerned that ARGUS apparently has a big neon sign hanging on it like it was a Holiday Inn.
    "secret military base here"

Truthfully, I'm already ready to see Jason setting up in Herc's mountain cottage and charging off on his own adventures, outside of the WW comic. The origin, powers, costume and a good relationship with the heroine, who inspired him, are firmly in place for this character. Basically, he's Captain Marvel Lite...or Mr. Storm? I've seen enough, for awhile.

I'd really like to see this comic returned to where Greg Rucka left it: Diana leading a small 'Army' of her CLASSIC companions on adventures to strange, exciting places! For my money, that's Etta, Steve (and in that order), Mala and Ferdinand - each valued, by Diana, for their individual talents - working out of a house, somewhere in Virginia Shore. The comic should be about Wonder Woman, on kangaback or by I-Jet, going on these adventures, with her friends, and fighting the super-villains that Rucka introduced...pee-eeeeriod.

I would have been thrilled, if this preview gave us some hope of seeing that comic, again. It didn't.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-24-2018 at 01:36 AM.

I really dislike Jason's costume.