Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Why do you think the red stars exist at all? Is this meant to counter-act some other issue?
    I think it was intended to bridge the gap between high end money players and free to play players. I don't mind since I've benefited greatly. But it is obviously a huge money grab in a game where money grabs already exist.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Why do you think the red stars exist at all? Is this meant to counter-act some other issue?
    To make even more money.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    To make even more money.
    Touche...I guess I wondered why this particular money making scam,

Touche...I guess I wondered why this particular money making scam,
    Makes me realize I have chosen the wrong career path.

I'm finally making progress in Arena for the first time since my return to the game several months ago. I had been stuck in the mid 2000's for a long time but now I'm able to hang in the 1200-1500 range. My Top team is around 150K.

In game news, it was a good week for my Gamora. Maxed out her Gold Stars and got 5 Red Stars. She's now my highest ranked toon at 34K+. Spidey's right behind her.

BANNED

Looks like Dr DOOM is coming to Strike force soon... https://twitter.com/MarvelStrikeF/st...99840327798784

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Looks like Dr DOOM is coming to Strike force soon... https://twitter.com/MarvelStrikeF/st...99840327798784
    Right now he's just in some raids...but this is step one. And long overdue!

Looking at the premise of the game, the plot and dialogue, etc., I would rather have Thanos and Ultimus switch roles. Thanos should be the dimension-conquering (and more powerful) baddie, with Ultimus being introduced to us as the villain with whom the heroes are reluctant to fight alongside. Now that we see Doom has been watching all along, it would make even more sense. Doom is not in Thanos' league in the books (although he thinks he is).

Honestly I feel Doom is in Thanos's league and I'm also cool with the Ultimus idea.

Also just announced today on twitter that War Machine is coming soon.

War Machine, Mantis, and of course Carnage. But also probably Red Skull, Killmonger, Okoye, and Falcon. And it's obvious we will see Carol Danvers sometime in March. Quite a few new characters. Rumors are that War Machine will be tied into the release of Alliance Wars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    War Machine, Mantis, and of course Carnage. But also probably Red Skull, Killmonger, Okoye, and Falcon. And it's obvious we will see Carol Danvers sometime in March. Quite a few new characters. Rumors are that War Machine will be tied into the release of Alliance Wars.
    Nice. I'm glad to see Falcon coming, I've been wondering what was taking so long on him.

I hope we see more X-men soon, it'd be nice to at least have enough to make a team.

Well, I've 4-starred all my Kree minions, Shield minions, and enough X-Men/Brotherhood toons (Storm is still only 3 stars). I know I won't get Magneto this time around, but by the time Iron Man and Nick Fury come back, I'll have their respective minions 5-starred. That should buy me enough time to 5 star the X/BH-toons for the next Magneto event. And I'll have StarLord the next time he's available.

Honestly, though, this game is a major grind -- the upcoming Alliance Wars might put me over the edge of stopping for good.

So, what does everyone think of the Alliance wars? I'm running mostly defense, so I don't have to put in much fighting time. Our alliance has a winning record, although I can't recall what it is. The matchmaking is uneven at best, but FN is working on it.

Since my last posts, I've gone well past the million mark in total power and the 200K mark in strongest team power. I'm using my GOTG team quite a bit, but my Defenders team is my best at about 180K. I didn't manage to get NF last time he was available, but he will be added next time. For Magneto, I just need one more BH/X person to 5 stars. My Iron Man is still rather low level. I have yet to play around with the Wakandan group. Spiderverse toons are low level, too.

Looking forward to leveling up Minnerva, since she is the new game changer with so many different team options.

BANNED

So, what does everyone think of the Alliance wars? I'm running mostly defense, so I don't have to put in much fighting time. Our alliance has a winning record, although I can't recall what it is. The matchmaking is uneven at best, but FN is working on it.

Since my last posts, I've gone well past the million mark in total power and the 200K mark in strongest team power. I'm using my GOTG team quite a bit, but my Defenders team is my best at about 180K. I didn't manage to get NF last time he was available, but he will be added next time. For Magneto, I just need one more BH/X person to 5 stars. My Iron Man is still rather low level. I have yet to play around with the Wakandan group. Spiderverse toons are low level, too.

Looking forward to leveling up Minnerva, since she is the new game changer with so many different team options.
    We are very similar. I'm waiting on the next round and I land Fury as well so I make a badass Shield team. I have Minnerva and the Kree team on full force, they are my third most powerful behind the Defenders and Guardians. I can't get enough of the mutants up so I think I'm going to miss Magneto this next time.

They have to make it easier to get Spiderverse dudes or Shuri is going to be impossible to land.

Yeah, for Shuri, at this rate I'll get her sometime in 2036.

More mutants on the way as Colossus has been confirmed. Jean & Scott, and perhaps one other such as Psylocke or Nightcrawler have all but been confirmed.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 05-12-2019 at 03:16 PM.

BANNED

Yeah, for Shuri, at this rate I'll get her sometime in 2036.

More mutants on the way as Colossus has been confirmed. Jean & Scott, and perhaps one other such as Psylocke or Nightcrawler have all but been confirmed.
    Sweet! I hadn't heard that until now. There is serious need of a mutant tank and some reworking of mutant team synergy. I figured that the Phoenix movie would launch a bunch of new characters.

Hopefully we get a rollout that allows for an X-force team and an X-men team. Maybe something like Colossus, DP, Cable, Psyloke, Wolverine and Cyclops, Storm, Phoenix, Nightcrawler, and Beast?