View Poll Results: How long will the Batman/Catwoman marriage last?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • For as long as Dick Grayson's switch from Robin to Nightwing: PERMANENT

20 23.81%
  • For as long as Jason Todd was dead: not forever, but a pretty long time.

25 29.76%
  • One storyline...which might still take two to five years to play out.

39 46.43%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default How long do you expect the Batman/Catwoman marriage to last?

In comics, many changes to the status quo last for the duration of a single storyline. Others might last for a few years until the momentum from that story is lost, and then the old status quo returns. A precious few actually become permanent.

What do you see as the most likely case for the Batman/Catwoman marriage?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 03-23-2018 at 03:03 PM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

None of the poll options match what I think exactly. Presuming the wedding DOES happen and reaches completion, then I see two possibilities. First, if Tom King gets to stay on the book afterword as he'd like to, I think the marriage will last as long as he's writing the book. In the unlikely (BUT HOPEFUL) event that he's off the book after the wedding, I see it lasting a couple years at most.

Extraordinary Member

i gave it 2 years tops
    more if selina gets preganant, but if she gets to be pregnant the the World of DC will be forced to forward time and they hate that

During 2 Years, no more.
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-23-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd like it to be permanent. It'd be something legitimately new for the character, so if writers aren't interested in the the challenge of writing a married Batman, I'm gonna think they're lazy.

Realistically speaking, I think for a few years before the next inevitable line wide reboot.

Incredible Member

Because Tom King has made me hate them together, I hope it ends quickly. I think there will need to be a long time to fix the damage he's done with his terrible writing of them paired together. And then, hopefully, no one will EVER say Bat/Cat again.

It should last until the next reboot. So probably about three years maximum.

Amazing Member

Until Bendis moves from superman to batman

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'd like it to be permanent. It'd be something legitimately new for the character, so if writers aren't interested in the the challenge of writing a married Batman, I'm gonna think they're lazy.

Realistically speaking, I think for a few years before the next inevitable line wide reboot.
    This is where I stand as well. Personally, I'd love it to be permanent but I doubt that DC will go that route. I give it until the next reboot wherein the head honchos of the day want everyone "young, hip and single" again because "marriage makes people too old, stodgy and boring". *eyeroll*
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I don't think it will last long. Maybe a few years
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Marriage would be the only unique thing about this, they've been a couple before (Hush era, and maybe Batman Inc?). Personally I enjoy the 'she loves him/he's putting her in prison' version of their relationship, so I hope it ends before the next writer comes on. I would definitely say that, if the marriage ends up happening and no one dies/changes their mind, it will end with the next writer.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    This is where I stand as well. Personally, I'd love it to be permanent but I doubt that DC will go that route. I give it until the next reboot wherein the head honchos of the day want everyone "young, hip and single" again because "marriage makes people too old, stodgy and boring". *eyeroll*
    If they do end the marriage I think it'll be for reasons beyond that, personally.

Count me in the camp that wants it to be a longtime thing. Because, hey, why not try something new for Bruce Wayne the Batman? It worked out pretty well for Earth 2/Golden Age Bruce and Selina, which even introduced the original Huntress. So, why not give it a go for the main Batman? Being in a long, committed relationship with a woman that won't turn around and put a bullet in his best friend's wife's head is, I'd say, quite the uptick for the character. And would provide the audience with something they recognize, but also being different from the old norm.

As someone who hate BatCat so much right now, I hope this romance will end quickly, please let it end soon.

Uh, should be permanent....until the next reboot humanity forbid.