Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I know! During the finale, I was hoping they would play some Tupac like the trailer but sadly they don’t .
    Lol it was one of then better trailers I saw last year. When "Am I wrong cause i wanna get it on till I die" drops, I'm bobbing my head and it's just perfect atmosphere music for those action scenes. So effective for setting the mood. Seems like a waste not to use it in the movie. But then again I get it, you hire someone to make a score for a reason. BP was 90% score(Great one by the way) 10% Kendrick... Maybe less.

Oh I do have to ask, to any toku watchers, anyone get some heavy parallels between Scrapper and any "Boy"-Robos from Sentai? I mean holy crap when the lady came rolling off the almost half-pipe-esque building with scrapper I kept thinking Tetra Boy or Warrior Wheel, GoRoader, etc.

I don't think it was the least bit intenitonal, but I was still pleasantly surprised.

Astonishing Member

It was a decent set up film (for a part III) but I think it missed a lot of the spirit of the prior film which is what made it stand out so well.

Lord knows the internets not taking what happened to Mako well, and to a lesser degree Newt.

Do they address what happened to Charlie Hunnams character?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    No.

And the more I think about it the more pissed I am about Mako. Pretty much one of the only positive roles an Asian woman gets as a main character in years, and she’s unceremoniously fridged in the sequel for no good reason.

They should’ve had Mako fulfilling Eastwood’s role in the movie as the more by the book partner who’s trying to push Jake to be better. That would’ve been better. Eastwood’s character and performance were boring and really added nothing to the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    They do mention him twice but they don’t explain what happened to the character in the 10 years between the events of the first film and sequel. So he could make an appearance in the third film ( if they make it) since the characters fate is unknown.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 03-27-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    No.

And the more I think about it the more pissed I am about Mako. Pretty much one of the only positive roles an Asian woman gets as a main character in years, and she’s unceremoniously fridged in the sequel for no good reason.

They should’ve had Mako fulfilling Eastwood’s role in the movie as the more by the book partner who’s trying to push Jake to be better. That would’ve been better. Eastwood’s character and performance were boring and really added nothing to the movie.
    Yeah, agreed. I honestly think that, with a little tweaking, they could have merged Mako's character/plotline with the industrialist lady to add to the story. Did we really need the tease of 'Is she really evil?'

No.

2nded, they really didnt have to do that. That's one of the glaring "..Why?"s I had during the film.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

No.

She was also the last surviving veteran Jaeger pilot (other than Raleigh, whose fate is unknown) from the first film, so she should have been leading the Jaeger team.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

What they did to Mako (the heart of Pacific Rim), plus how practically all of Amara's scenes are lifted from Raleigh and Mako's (far superior) scenes in the first movie are the two factors that made me go from accepting the movie as harmless fluff to actively disliking it.

In my mind, Pacific Rim is a perfect and self-contained movie, and I consider this sequel as more of a spin-off.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

No.

I wouldn't even say she got fridged. Her death affected nothing. She had a bridge dropped on her.

Ultimate Member

I wish I knew why sequels always seem to do away with the cast of the first movie. I think that's part of Marvel's success, not always junking the entire damn cast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    She was also the last surviving veteran Jaeger pilot (other than Raleigh, whose fate is unknown) from the first film, so she should have been leading the Jaeger team.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Herc Hansen also survived, and he ended up as pretty much the acting Marshal by the end of the original, but neither he nor his son (who also happened to die saving the world) even rated a mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    What they did to Mako (the heart of Pacific Rim), plus how practically all of Amara's scenes are lifted from Raleigh and Mako's (far superior) scenes in the first movie are the two factors that made me go from accepting the movie as harmless fluff to actively disliking it.

In my mind, Pacific Rim is a perfect and self-contained movie, and I consider this sequel as more of a spin-off.
    Yeah I agree. The more I think about it the more I dislike it.

Also did it bother anyone else how easy they made it seem to become drift compatible? To my recollection that was more of a big deal in the first movie but in this sequel they make it seem so easy.

Incredible Member

Yeah I agree. The more I think about it the more I dislike it.

Also did it bother anyone else how easy they made it seem to become drift compatible? To my recollection that was more of a big deal in the first movie but in this sequel they make it seem so easy.
    Well, they did have 10 years to work on the tech and make it easier to drift people together. Like how early computers required a college degree to work with and now anyone can click on a mouse to run a program.