Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think Bendis is bringing Gaydos with him to DC.

I love Del Mundo and Noto.

Other great Marvel Artists: Javier Rodriguez, Stefano Caselli, Stephanie Hans (though she does work for other companies too). Same for Becky Cloonan.

Tiamatty good call on color artists. I'd add Matt Wilson and Andres Mossa to that list.
    Last edited by Seren; 03-24-2018 at 11:01 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Stuart Immonem,Giuseppe Camuncoli,Pepe Larraz,Ryan Stegman,Adam Kubert,Mike Perkins,Daniel Acuna,Ed McGuiness,Chris Bachalo,Mark Bagley,Alan Davis...
    To say just a few.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Stuart Immonen
    Yep, this is Marvel's best currently
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

No mention of Kris Anka yet? I can't remember the last new book I read, Marvel or otherwise, where I loved the art as much as I do in Runaways.

Jorge Molina, Pepe Larraz, Kim Jacinto, Paco Medina, Sean Izaakse, Russell Dauterman, Stuart Immonen, David Yardin, David Marquez, Valerio Schiti, Marco Checchetto, Steve McNiven...
    Last edited by nx01a; 03-25-2018 at 06:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I like John Romita Jrs old work, where he was still trying. In fact, my favorite artist for Peter Parker / Spider-Man and Thor has always been John Romita Jr.

I really, really like Mike Deodato Jr. Sometimes his work seems slightly off, but when he is on point, his work is very impressive. I even have some of his Sentry drawings as big posters in my room and prints on my shirts. Currently I'm trying to learn how to draw and once I get the basics down, I'll try to replicate Deodato Jrs style for a couple of projects for fun.

I like Daniel Acuna. I didn't like him at the beginning, because for smaller panels he wouldn't invest any effort... and while I still dislike that about him, I do really like his overall grittyness and style. That doesn't work for all stories, but for the stories it does work, it works amazingly.

Steve McNiven is amazing as well. But he seems to be too expensive for the low quality Marvel puts out these days, which is really a pity.

To me, it is Mark Bagley. I really don't know why he is not getting big projects from Marvel for a good while now. He is still doing interior work on a good pace, yet he doesn't stay on a series more than a several issues. I'd like to see him as the regular artist of a Fresh Start series.

Aaron Kuder is a perfect fit for Guardians of the Galaxy. I think Mike Allred gave the best pencilling work of his brilliant career on Silver Surfer, I hope he gets a new series. Oh, and there is Marco Checchetto, I think his talent gets wasted with limited series like Gamora and Old Man Hawkeye while he can put work on monthly basis with this amount of detail in his art. He really has to be on a big name series.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Stuart Immonen
    I like his work, too.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Pepe Larraz, Kim Jacinto, Paco Medina, Jorge Jimenez, Sean Izaakse, Russell Dauterman, Stuart Immonen, David Yardin, David Marquez, Valerio Schiti, Marco Checchetto...
    Jorge Jimenez is DC exclusive.

My favorite artists on Marvel right now are David Marquez, Russel Dauterman and Alex Maleev.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It just seems to me that Marvel has been losing some top artists lately and I wonder why. Pay rates?
    A few sites I've come across say that DC now pay more than Marvel.

Leinel Yu

Mike Deodato

Steve McNiven

Daniel Acuna

Stuart Immonen

German Peralta (I loved his most recent run on Thanos)

Juan Cabal (Orphans of X).

Esad Ribic (Is he still at Marvel? Haven't seen him since Secret Wars)

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Jorge Jimenez is DC exclusive.
    Alex Maleev.
    Thanks, edited. His JLA announcement is still making me happy, so I'll blame that.
    Another edit: I should have written Jorge Molina.

Maleev will most likely go wherever Bendis is... which is DC.
    Last edited by nx01a; 03-25-2018 at 06:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mcniven. Really the only guy that moves comics. Whatever he draws, people want.

stegman, top notch cartooning
    Scottie young, hope he draws the “special” issues of Deadpool
    Marquez
    immonen
    Bachalo of course.

Asrar
    Molina
    Duaterman
    Schiti
    Chechetto
    Travel Foreman killing it on Tales of Suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Thanks, edited. His JLA announcement is still making me happy, so I'll blame that.
    Another edit: I should have written Jorge Molina.

Maleev will most likely go wherever Bendis is... which is DC.
    Yeah, I'm very happy too, loved his Super Sons.

Maleev will be doing covers for Green Arrow, so he kind is going with Bendis.

Ribic and Aaron Kuder are also very good.

Stuart Immonem