Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel's top artist?

Who are Marvel's top artist currently? Seems to me that DC has the huge advantage when it comes to top artist currently.

Pepe Larraz, Jorge Jimenez, Ken Lashley... to name a few.

Coipel to me. He's my favorite and anything he touches looks amazing.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

David Marquez, Leinil Yu

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    This, plus Phil Noto, David Yardin and Chris Bachalo. (Now they just need Jen Bartel.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    This, plus Phil Noto, David Yardin and Chris Bachalo. (Now they just need Jen Bartel.)
    They've got Jen Bartel. She's been doing little things for Marvel, and has the Storm series coming up, with Ta-Nehisi Coates. By the way, I was going to say Jen Bartel as one of Marvel's top artists.

I'd also say Nico Leon, Natacha Bustos, Christian Ward. And you know what? Colour artists don't get the love they deserve. Ian Herring defines the aesthetic of Ms. Marvel. Tamra Bonvillain is phenomenal. Rachelle Rosenberg always kills it on whatever book she does. So yeah, love to the colour artists.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Isn't he at DC now? In fact, looks like we're losing Jim Cheung to DC also I was a bit surprised and disappointed by that one. I thought Cheung would be the regular artist on Marvel 2 in One.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Isn't he at DC now? In fact, looks like we're losing Jim Cheung to DC also I was a bit surprised and disappointed by that one. I thought Cheung would be the regular artist on Marvel 2 in One.
    He just did a variant for Invincible Iron Man #600. Maybe that's his last one. I don't, I'm hoping it's not.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It just seems to me that Marvel has been losing some top artists lately and I wonder why. Pay rates?

For me it's Alan Davis.

Is Deodato still a marvel guy? He's always been a personal favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Is Deodato still a marvel guy? He's always been a personal favorite of mine.
    Deodato just did Infinity Countdown Prime.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I have always been a fan of Jacen Burrows and his contrasts between stark and crazed. Russell Dauterman is a phenomenal artist, his flowing lines and design sensibility are always great. Paco Medina is superb with his action and posing and is really upping his game on Avengers right now, as are Jacinto and Larraz to be honest. I think Ribic has something else lined up for Marvel, he is a personal favourite that I would follow anywhere. (Vs is amazing.)

But for my pick, Del Mundo. He is a unique talent and I adore every line he makes.

Guidebook.jpg
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-24-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Stuart Immonen

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Stuart Immonen
    Doh! Forgot him. How could I? But yes, he is the artist's artist. The guy the other artists admire for his sheer flexibility.