What are some of the Superman stories that you remember that wouldn't fit comfortably in continuity? The one that leaps to my mind the most is Batman Adventures #25. It was the first real appearance of Superman in TAS universe only because it came out two years before he got his own show. It was the mid-nineties version from the comics. So you got the mullet and yellow S on the back of his cape. You also got red headed Lex Luthor. So it doesn't really fit with the rest of the series. Another one that stands out is End of the Century. This was sort of a Y2K story that was about the Contessa, who was married to Lex at that time and gave birth to his daughter. It probably could have fit fairly easily into the continuity at that time but they just decided not to use it for some reason. But still published it anyway. So it's an Elseworld that doesn't really need to be. Of course anything with Hawkman before 1989. Or the pocket universe Superboy who I think they officially said no longer existed by the mid-nineties. Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow might fit into this category. He is based on what was then continuity version of Superman.

I know there were a lot of stuff just after COIE that acknowledges the people who died during it. Like the JSA and Infinity Inc. There was a JSA story that openly talked about the Earth 2 Superman and Lois and I think Huntress and Robin.