Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just got home from the day 1 of WonderCon. The 80 Years of Superman panel was fantastic. They showed this art as well as some other black and white stuff. Jurgen's was in pretty great spirits but Marv Wolfman was the highlight. Almost brought tears to my eyes. Oh and we all got a pair of red trunks. lol
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

That's the best Dan's art has looked in a long time, probably since he was inked by Brett breeding and Joe Rubinstein.

If this ends up being his last go round with the character, it looks like he's going out on a high note.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Bendis' story is called "The Truth"

Lets do the time warp again!!!

Last edited by Lokimaru; 03-24-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    You're kidding me....right? That's too funny!

So....Superman's gonna lose 70 percent of his powers, ditch his costume for a t-shirt and jeans,and start jetting around on a Harley while acting like a complete douche nozzle to his friends and lovers? Sounds like an awesome idea! It'll sell millions! I mean, if it tanks, we can always replace the current guy with Pre-Crisis Superman, Pre-Crisis Lois and their suddenly in existence daughter Joanne Kent!

Sorrycouldn'tresist
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    So....Superman's gonna lose 70 percent of his powers, ditch his costume for a t-shirt and jeans,and start jetting around on a Harley while acting like a complete douche nozzle to his friends and lovers? Sounds like an awesome idea! It'll sell millions! I mean, if it tanks, we can always replace the current guy with Pre-Crisis Superman, Pre-Crisis Lois and their suddenly in existence daughter Joanne Kent!
    Are you sure he's not going to discover he's an Amazonian warrior, sculpted of mud scraped from Pa Kent's tractor tires...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

Sorrycouldn'tresist
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Are you sure he's not going to discover he's an Amazonian warrior, sculpted of mud scraped from Pa Kent's tractor tires...?
    Or, he is the long lost brother of Bruce Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Or, he is the long lost brother of Bruce Wayne.
    Clark: " Bruce. I am your brother."

Bruce: " Hhn"

Clark: " So... That's your only reaction to this giant bomb I just dropped on you? Not an overdramatic ' no, that's not true, that's impossible'? Not even an overdramatic " Noooooooo!".?

Bruce: " Clark, ive died like twice and have seen reality rewritten like half a dozen times in the last few years. Give it time. It'll get retconned away like that time you had a mullet and that other time you and Diana were banging and Lois Lane was dating some dipstick named....Wait, what was his name again? Bill? George?..."

Clark: " wait ....I had a mullet? Like a Joe Dirt mullet or a Billy Ray Cyrus mullet?"

Bruce: " Neither, but believe me, it wasn't a good look."

Incredible Member

Jurgens’ inker makes a big difference to me. Traditionally, always liked him with Breeding or Ordway.

This is either Thibert or Churchill, isn’t it? Either way, I like the pairing. I think Jurgens’ work really shines best in a kind of high def inking style like this.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I always like Rubinstein or Thibert, but Rapmund here has been a good collaborator for the last decade or so with Jurgens, too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I always like Rubinstein or Thibert, but Rapmund here has been a good collaborator for the last decade or so with Jurgens, too.
    Rapmund is usually Churchill’s inker, right? I think that may have been what my eye caught.

Looking good regardless.