BANNED

Default Animals you wish you could talk to

If you could pick one animal that you could talk to and understand, what animal would it be?

I would pick birds. Sometimes I see birds hop on the subway and I want to talk to them but they can't understand me

*Language warning*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6oCsAjM1dg

Birds are probably the most well traveled and interesting. I bet they have some stories to tell

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

My dogs. They know what we're saying and understand us, but I wish we could communicate for real.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I would love to chat to some cuttlefish. They’re very intelligent and I’m sure they would be good for a laugh

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Chimps, because they are probably the only animal capable of complex conversation.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Chimps, because they are probably the only animal capable of complex conversation.
    We can talk to them now using sign language
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Maybe an octopus too. Also a crow, like the OP mentioned.

Man, I think most animals would turn out to be really selfish dicks if you could hear their thoughts.

Dogs are an obvious exception there. They'd be irritating sycophants.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Generally, birds strike me a huge jerks. I say this mostly because they're the only group of animals that routinely tries to attack me and the things that I love. Mocking birds, crows, and blue jays are the biggest jerks. But watching even sparrows, they seem to always be pissy with each other. Always fighting and bickering. They talk way too much. STFU already!

Squirrels are mostly destructive little monsters, and somewhat passive aggressive, but at least they tend to leave you alone.

Cats would be my choice. They seem to be the most varied of common animals, and generally, they're pretty awesome.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Cats clearly are the best creature in the world (closely followed by giant anteaters), but if they could talk we'd have to get used to being referred to as "slave"

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Generally, birds strike me a huge jerks. I say this mostly because they're the only group of animals that routinely tries to attack me and the things that I love. Mocking birds, crows, and blue jays are the biggest jerks. But watching even sparrows, they seem to always be pissy with each other. Always fighting and bickering. They talk way too much. STFU already!

Squirrels are mostly destructive little monsters, and somewhat passive aggressive, but at least they tend to leave you alone.

Cats would be my choice. They seem to be the most varied of common animals, and generally, they're pretty awesome.
    Agreed. My friends laugh at me, a lot, because I've been involved in more bird related altercations than I should have been.

1. A weird "Watership Down"-esque scene in my back yard involving my two dogs, several baby rabbits, and an opportunistic hawk.
    2. A punched a red-winged black bird out of the sky because it kept dive bombing my son and I because it built a nest in a tall tree in my back yard.
    3. I was attacked by geese while walking at work.
    4. A duck flew into me while I was out on a bike ride.
    5. Not really bird related, more stupid human, but I was out duck hunting with a friend (the only time I've gone) and some moron fired at our decoys from across the pond, and sprayed me with bird shot.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member

I think pets would be the most interesting. You could have chats with everyone's cat or dog. Ask if they think its annoying when their owner talks in baby voice to them like we do?

And you know they got all the juicy gossip on EVERYONE cause they right there all the time.