Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Agreed on Issue 1 being solid.

Greg Pak is a master on everything Hulk. He has it down to an art form.

Does anyone have scans for the back of the Weapon H card variant, i'm pretty interested in the text those tend to have at the back.

Clayton Sung... is Weapon H ethnically Korean?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wiki also mentions this:

"H-Alpha also possesses the ability to change to and from his human form in spite of having his skeleton laced with Adamantium. It has been theorized nanotechnology reverse-engineered from Lady Deathstrike could make this possible."

But it has no citation, it might even be a theory that was just added there.

Also I have a question:

Anyone knows what those pieces of adamantium around his body are there for?
    R.e. the bit from the Wiki: the missing citation is this panel from Weapon X #7 where Deathstrike voices this theory. Granted, she's not what you'd call an experienced voice on the topic in-universe, but since Pak wrote it and hasn't yet delivered any alternative suggestions, I'm inclined to take it as truth until proven otherwise.

R.e. the adamantium nubs - I don't think they're 'for' anything besides giving W-H a more distinctive silhouette than a regular Hulk body. Chalk it up to the adamantium bonding process being applied inexpertly or haphazardly. (remember, Dr. Alba went through dozens of failed test subjects on this project before Clay beat the odds - the woman's a genius but far below the level of your Reed Richards types, and her methodology was less 'sudden moment of inspiration applied with perfect precision' and more 'rough stab towards your vision, learn from mistakes, try again')
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

BANNED

I do not believe it's been stated how Weapon H's adamantium skeleton is able to handle the transformation process. It may have to due to nanites, possibly even Pym particles, or maybe even a combination of both. I suppose we'll have to wait for further exploration of Weapon H in future issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    R.e. the bit from the Wiki: the missing citation is this panel from Weapon X #7 where Deathstrike voices this theory. Granted, she's not what you'd call an experienced voice on the topic in-universe, but since Pak wrote it and hasn't yet delivered any alternative suggestions, I'm inclined to take it as truth until proven otherwise.

R.e. the adamantium nubs - I don't think they're 'for' anything besides giving W-H a more distinctive silhouette than a regular Hulk body. Chalk it up to the adamantium bonding process being applied inexpertly or haphazardly. (remember, Dr. Alba went through dozens of failed test subjects on this project before Clay beat the odds - the woman's a genius but far below the level of your Reed Richards types, and her methodology was less 'sudden moment of inspiration applied with perfect precision' and more 'rough stab towards your vision, learn from mistakes, try again')
    Thanks for the info man .

BANNED

Weapon H #1 was the 4th highest selling comic in March! It even had some very tough competition! So far it looks like the series is off to a great start. Kudos to the creative team! I'm hoping that it'll have a nice, long run.

BANNED

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Well this looks ridiculous for all the right reasons. I think I'll check it out.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Clayton Sung... is Weapon H ethnically Korean?
    The writer Greg Pak is Korean-American, so it would make sense. He also created Amadeus Cho.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I thought this would be one of the stupidest idear marvel had, cant believe i was proven wrong
    You weren't wrong. The book just turned out to be really good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Weapon H #1 was the 4th highest selling comic in March! It even had some very tough competition! So far it looks like the series is off to a great start. Kudos to the creative team! I'm hoping that it'll have a nice, long run.
    I was surprised by the way Weapon H#1 sold.
    The concept looked interesting enough from the solicitations i had read,so i still did not got my copy but i will be getting at least the first issue of this new comic book as soon as posible.
    Is it essential to read the previous stories of Weapon X or Weapon H works well as a starting point in reading this comic book?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I was surprised by the way Weapon H#1 sold.
    The concept looked interesting enough from the solicitations i had read,so i still did not got my copy but i will be getting at least the first issue of this new comic book as soon as posible.
    Is it essential to read the previous stories of Weapon X or Weapon H works well as a starting point in reading this comic book?
    I haven't read the Weapon X stories and I understood fairly well what's happening, it seems the only thing you'd be missing are details on what happened, since recaps are brief, and there's the theory on how he can Hulk out with adamantium bones which is mentioned in Weapon X (Mentioned a few posts above), and Weapon H#1 didn't mention it, but that's something that can be mentioned later.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I haven't read the Weapon X stories and I understood fairly well what's happening, it seems the only thing you'd be missing are details on what happened, since recaps are brief, and there's the theory on how he can Hulk out with adamantium bones which is mentioned in Weapon X (Mentioned a few posts above), and Weapon H#1 didn't mention it, but that's something that can be mentioned later.
    Thanks for the info.
    I was wondering if when i read Weapon H#1 i would feel like starting to read a story tt the middle due the stories in Weapon X.
    Glad to know that Weapon H is a good starting point even without reading the Weapon X stories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Ha,ha - I wondered about that as well.

The answer, of course, is "...because comics!"
    Heh.
    To me, my non prize answer to many unresolved mysteries of marvel comic books is unstable molucules.More often that not that is the right answer to many of the mysteries of comic books.