Hi all,

I've started reading Batman comics about 6 months ago, so I'm quite new to his stories. Recently, I've started collecting the book series "Detective Comics new 52" and I've a question about the story presented in Detective Comics #8 by T.S. Daniel (appearing in the book "Scare Tactics").

In this story, Eli Strange is trying to synthesize the Scarecrow's fear toxin. The story starts presenting Catwoman under the effect of the fear toxin. Later we discover that she was engaged by someone to stole the anti-fear agent caps from the Gotham's Hazardous Material Lab. What is not clear to me is how she became poisoned? When Batman gives her the antidote she says "I've been manipulated by that...". Who is she referring to? Did Eli strange poison her? Or it just happened by accident? In the former case does not make much sense to me since she still has the caps with her when Batman find her: meaning that the exchange has not been completed yet. In the latter case instead, it seems that there is a contradiction with the hypothesis of manipulation formulated by Seline.

Maybe this question is naive or straightforward, but I'm getting a bit confused with the stories presented in this book.
Could someone clarify this detail?

Thank you in advance for you replies.

Best,
Andrea

PS: please apologize if there are typos, I'm not a native speaker.