Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Yeah, I liked it. Not the type of horror style he has done earlier, more the slow inexorable grind towards bad outcomes. I liked how it set up magic as life; arguably more interesting and applicable in this case than magic as sex or magic as drugs. And Swamp Thing was way overdue for a story focusing on him. He has arguably been the least useful member of the team so far, both in storylines and in what they get to do.

Given the teasing about Floronic Man hunting Poison Ivy in the coming Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy title, this feels like a pretty strong setup for that as well.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    and my bud Kent Nelson is pushed to the side again to make way for a new host ... again!
    Who might that be? Khalid? Zatanna’s dad, perhaps? This subplot with Constantine needs to be going somewhere..

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Who might that be? Khalid? Zatanna’s dad, perhaps? This subplot with Constantine needs to be going somewhere..
    Who knows but I'm sure it will tick certain boxes on a corporate score card. However DC need to go back to basics with this character and not focus on the helmet but on the man behind the mask which is Kent Nelson... hell, want to do something different if "Nabu" is this evil bastard? Let Kent wear the half helm but make a wizard, not the Golden Age superman clone... or you could return us to this DC...

P.S. Sales are also dropping for JLD too!
    Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 08-02-2019 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Who knows but I'm sure it will tick certain boxes on a corporate score card. However DC need to go back to basics with this character and not focus on the helmet but on the man behind the mask which is Kent Nelson... hell, want to do something different if "Nabu" is this evil bastard? Let Kent wear the half helm but make a wizard, not the Golden Age superman clone... or you could return us to this DC...

P.S. Sales are also dropping for JLD too!
    Sales always drop dude, and very few people were picking up the book for Dr. Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sales always drop dude, and very few people were picking up the book for Dr. Fate.
    That book always seemed like a longshot with a new Fate and the indie feel it was going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That book always seemed like a longshot with a new Fate and the indie feel it was going for.
    I was talking about JLD lol, that 90s Fate was godawful.

Read #14. Some comments:

Tynion sure is bringing in lots and lots of characters for his story. We get to meet Zatarra (on fire!) again, Khalid and Kent seems to be more or less permanently associated with the team, Witch Boy is suitably creepy, and we get to meet Circe's new team.

Bobo gets to be snarky, and Constantine (as a couch potato) gets to give ambigious advice to Diana. Tynion also has lots of the little touches for the characters, like the interaction between Trace-13 and Diana, or Kirk's good heatt getting him into trouble.

I really like the art here, and the visual references to the moon ties it all together.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Incredible Member

I like the costume that Khalid and Nelson have. Man I wish this book was more popular. It's been more entertaining than the main justice league book for me.

I really enjoyed this issue! I thought Diana still had the power inside of her still! Glad it’s confirmed!

I am delighted to see Klarion! He is both a hero and villain. I want Tynion IV to write that instability!

The fact that most of the team are not magic users is what keeps me from truly connecting with it. The bat and the monkey are awful.

Preview for #15 is up at Screenrant.

Am I too genre aware when I immediately think that detailed and sensible instructions from the leader will mean that things immediately will hit the fan?

I love this book so much. Tynion knows how to write a team book and I love how much he's exploring DC's supernatural characters.
    I wasn't immediately sold on the line-up, but the writing has convinced and now I kind of love the addition of "random" characters like Man-bat.

Wow, this book is really good. When Tynion first started with DC I felt his work was quite boring. For a long time I avoided anything he wrote. But damn it if he hasn’t become one of the best writers currently at DC. Martinez-Bueno’s art was great as well. Perfect dark creepy atmosphere. Speaking of creepy, the new Floronic Man/King of Petals is terrifying. Fantastic character design.

The team really got their asses handed to them in this issue. Having things look completely hopeless is actually a great way to start a story. Can’t wait for the next issue. Plus Swamp Thing mentioned spoilers:
    Addy and The Rot
    end of spoilers!

Incredible Member

srymku6g4wy31.jpg
    Seems like Buddy will be in the upcoming issue. I thought his powers weren't magic based.