Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Still can't get excited about this book. I hate that line-up. Also I would love it if DC would incorporate more mythology from Latin America, Asia and Africa and not just Europe, into the magic side of their universe (with actual characters from those regions).
    What's wrong with the lineup?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    What's wrong with the lineup?
    I imagine a combination of them personally not being a big fan of the characters being used and being annoyed by the lack of any non-white human characters when DC has plenty of non-white magic users.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I like everyone on the team, but none of them are book sellers for me, and I might have actually given the book a shot if Traci 13 was on the team and not just their bartender. Overall I'd much prefer the Night Force line-up.
    Last edited by Assam; 06-10-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Personally I think the roster is pretty awesome and fitting for the book .

Probably my most anticipated book at the moment, really like the additions of Detective Chimp and Man-Bat I hope they make use of Kirk Langstrom's science background and skills. He may even be the sceptic of the group which would be ironic given his "condition".
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

I don't mind the roster, but they certainly left out tons of my favorites (Black Orchid, Amethyst, Frankenstein, Etrigan) for characters I wouldn't have included at all (Man-Bat). And even thought I love WW and Swamp Thing, the first already has a team and the last doesn't work as a team member in the long term.
    I'm pleased this isn't another disguised Constantine solo like the last JLD, thought.

Looking at the lineup, I think the implied roles within the group are pretty clear. Diana is the leader and combat powerhouse, and also brings a lot of her mythical connections and knowledge with her. I think this can be a great way to establish her as a leader, because in regular Justice League she has to compete with Batman, Martian Manhunter, and Green Lantern for the role in the eyes of writers and readers.

It also gives the opportunity to explore Wonder Woman's mythical connections without going all high-mythical with gods and fates and quests. That is something that's way overdue.

I think it's also good for Zatanna, since she will likely be the one the rest of the characters try to serve, protect, and inform. I only hope Tynion can write a good dynamic with two female centrepiece characters.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Looking at the lineup, I think the implied roles within the group are pretty clear. Diana is the leader and combat powerhouse, and also brings a lot of her mythical connections and knowledge with her. I think this can be a great way to establish her as a leader, because in regular Justice League she has to compete with Batman, Martian Manhunter, and Green Lantern for the role in the eyes of writers and readers.

It also gives the opportunity to explore Wonder Woman's mythical connections without going all high-mythical with gods and fates and quests. That is something that's way overdue.

I think it's also good for Zatanna, since she will likely be the one the rest of the characters try to serve, protect, and inform. I only hope Tynion can write a good dynamic with two female centrepiece characters.
    I also hope Tynion does a good job of portraying Diana in a leadership role compared to how he handled Batman in Detective Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally I think the roster is pretty awesome and fitting for the book .
    Until I found out that Dr Fate is not Kent but Khalid.

I'm out and it hasn't even started

Clark is Superman, Bruce is Batman, Tony is Ironman and Stephen is Dr Strange as Kent SHOULD be Dr Fate!

Not impressed Tynion!
    Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 06-12-2018 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Until I found out that Dr Fate is not Kent but Khalid.

I'm out and it hasn't even started

Clark is Superman, Bruce is Batman, Tony is Ironman and Stephen is Dr Strange as Kent SHOULD be Dr Fate!

Not impressed Tynion!
    I know Tynion has said Khalid is in it, but I don't think he confirmed Khalid's Dr. Fate.

He could just pop up in the Tower of Fate when the team is there.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Didn't they just re establish Kent Nelson as Dr Fate again at the beginning of Rebirth?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

A peek (by Martinez, Fernandez, and Anderson):

IMG_20180612_184241.jpg

I don't know when Zatanna got so buff, but I like it.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

She should show Cass and Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    A peek (by Martinez, Fernandez, and Anderson):

IMG_20180612_184241.jpg

She doesn't look that buff to me. Then again, we usually never see her that part of her body because she's usually wearing something over it.

She looks about the same kind of build she had back in the New 52 when she was wearing a very similar costume.

(I really hope they're not trying to get rid of Zee's classic look again).

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Didn't they just re establish Kent Nelson as Dr Fate again at the beginning of Rebirth?
    I think he's too "white bread" … blonde, blue eyes, 1/2 American and 1/2 Swedish... will never work