Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    A Preview by Tynion:
    Attachment 67030
    Is Constantine at a funeral? He looks weird without his trenchcoat.

Issue #1 is due out on July 25th.

I really, really like this look on Swamp Thing, it must be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I really, really like this look on Swamp Thing, it must be said.
    I know one person has complained it looks too much like Alan Moore!

Excited for this. I really loved Tynion's 'Tec run.

Incredible Member

I thought manbat turned that way because of science. I've recently started to get more interested in the magic side of DC so I hope this does well.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I know one person has complained it looks too much like Alan Moore!

It does look like Alan Moore! LOL! I don't see what's to complain about however. Alan Moore will now live forever in the pages of comic books.

I'll be reading this for Man-Bat and Detective Chimp mostly. Two characters we hardly ever see. Looking forward to seeing what makes them tick.

Can't wait!
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    It does look like Alan Moore! LOL! I don't see what's to complain about however. Alan Moore will now live forever in the pages of comic books.
    But it's in a DC comic book.

And we all know how much "love" and "respect" Moore has for DC after everything they've done for him regarding things like Watchmen . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But it's in a DC comic book.

And we all know how much "love" and "respect" Moore has for DC after everything they've done for him regarding things like Watchmen . . .
    Oh, the irony of it all then, eh?

As far as the other stuff, Doomsday Clock IMO is the best thing DC is putting out right now, and if Moore doesn't like it, too bad. It's DC's property and as far as I'm concerned, they're only improving on it. Big time. I only wish it came out more often, but as long as the quality stays great, I'm ok with it.
    WHO DAT?!!

Spectacular Member

4 issues and he's already having a crossover event....

Part one, WONDER WOMAN AND JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK: THE WITCHING HOUR #1, with art by Jesus Merino, sets the tone for the Wonder Woman-centered event. In this 48-page debut one-shot, Hecate, the witch-goddess of magic, always knew a day would come when the monsters she stole her magic from would return. Now she must activate the Witchmarked, humans within whom she secreted vast stores of power. This hits Justice League Dark especially hard: one of the most powerful of the Witchmarked turns out to be Wonder Woman!

WONDER WOMAN #56, with art by Emanuela Lupacchino and Ray McCarthy, pushes part two of “The Witching Hour” into new, magical, territory. After barely escaping its first encounter with Hecate, the Justice League Dark knows that she’ll be back for the power inside Wonder Woman! But what if Diana could tap into that power herself? Would she be a match for the evil witch-goddess?

Part three, on sale October 17, is JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #4 with art by series regulars Alvaro Martinez and Raul Fernandez. Everything the Justice League Dark thought they knew about Wonder Woman and Hecate has proven to be wrong...and the Parliament of Trees is about to pay the price! Hecate knows this world isn’t strong enough to resist the Otherkind, so she’s going to burn it down and replace it with a world of her own...starting with that ancient grove!

part four in WONDER WOMAN #57. As Hecate’s new world is born, Wonder Woman is under the goddess’ total control! This is magic’s darkest hour—one of the most powerful magicians of all time may not survive!

The Witching Hour” concludes in a 48-page finale on October 31! In JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK AND WONDER WOMAN: THE WITCHING HOUR #1 with art by Jesus Merino, Zatanna battles for Wonder Woman’s soul—and the rest of the Justice League Dark battle for their lives! Hecate is more powerful than the Greek Gods...and no matter who wins, the Earth will lose its chance of surviving the war that’s coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    4 issues and he's already having a crossover event....

Part one, WONDER WOMAN AND JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK: THE WITCHING HOUR #1, with art by Jesus Merino, sets the tone for the Wonder Woman-centered event. In this 48-page debut one-shot, Hecate, the witch-goddess of magic, always knew a day would come when the monsters she stole her magic from would return. Now she must activate the Witchmarked, humans within whom she secreted vast stores of power. This hits Justice League Dark especially hard: one of the most powerful of the Witchmarked turns out to be Wonder Woman!

WONDER WOMAN #56, with art by Emanuela Lupacchino and Ray McCarthy, pushes part two of “The Witching Hour” into new, magical, territory. After barely escaping its first encounter with Hecate, the Justice League Dark knows that she’ll be back for the power inside Wonder Woman! But what if Diana could tap into that power herself? Would she be a match for the evil witch-goddess?

Part three, on sale October 17, is JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #4 with art by series regulars Alvaro Martinez and Raul Fernandez. Everything the Justice League Dark thought they knew about Wonder Woman and Hecate has proven to be wrong...and the Parliament of Trees is about to pay the price! Hecate knows this world isn’t strong enough to resist the Otherkind, so she’s going to burn it down and replace it with a world of her own...starting with that ancient grove!

part four in WONDER WOMAN #57. As Hecate’s new world is born, Wonder Woman is under the goddess’ total control! This is magic’s darkest hour—one of the most powerful magicians of all time may not survive!

The Witching Hour” concludes in a 48-page finale on October 31! In JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK AND WONDER WOMAN: THE WITCHING HOUR #1 with art by Jesus Merino, Zatanna battles for Wonder Woman’s soul—and the rest of the Justice League Dark battle for their lives! Hecate is more powerful than the Greek Gods...and no matter who wins, the Earth will lose its chance of surviving the war that’s coming!
    Makes sense, sounds like its the arc which explains why Wonder Woman is on the team, which needs to be dealt with early on.

Awkward for making the trade though.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

No one created a new thread for the first issue so I guess we talk about it here. I loved the first issue. The pacing wasn't bad to me and the characters were written well. The art was very good, I love Alvaro Martinez art and its perfect here. Only problem is that Zatanna ponytail is not working for me.

Wonder Woman saying how the magic community never saw her as its own was kinda meta because a lot of people don't treat Diana as a magical character which is weird to me because she battles gods like every week! Her character was good here and always enjoy her taking charge.

Detective Chimp has large boots to fill from Nightmaster. From getting the bar back together and protecting a realm while on this team the chimp is busy. I'm starting to like this character even more.

Zatanna is still written like her new 52 self which isn't all too bad but her wanting to not get involved with Wonder Woman is rubbing me off wrong. She is always willing to help with magic stuff. Her character is consistent with this version of her though.

Man-Bat was interesting here. I'm not to familiar with this character so I don't know how he acts but I do know that he isn't as villainous as the other Batman rogues.

Seeing the other magic characters that haven't been seen in a while was a nice treat. Hopefully Shadowpact pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Excited for this. I really loved Tynion's 'Tec run.
    Indeed, it's a fantastic read.

I though it was a solid setup, though a bit infodumpy (especially the bit with Zatanna's dad's ghost), and I hope the writing continues to put the character arcs and the personal issues front and center.

I do think Zatanna should have a proper jacket when doing her magical shows rather than just the corset, and it's ironic that Diana turns up with a real proper weapon of war—a spear—that is wholly unsuited to the tentacle horror she has to fight.

So, Zatara's vague explanation, "There is one who may have the power to fight back but it is far more likely that they will hasten the end." struck me as odd since he goes from saying "one" to "them" and while a writer might want to obscure the gender of this person, Zatara has no reason to be vague to his daughter. What if this "one" really is a "them?" There are more than one candidates who might fit the bill:
    -- Rebis: highly unlikely since Larry Trainor is back as Negative Man.
    -- Negative Man: the current one is the Negative Being and Larry Trainor. Also unlikely - despite how weird their adventures are, NM and the Doom Patrol aren't really in the magic world
    -- Dr Fate: a combination of Nabu and whomever is wearing the helmet. Could be, but there's an image of Fate as presumably representing the "old guard" that will fall.
    -- The Demon: Jason Blood and Etrigan. Somewhat possible. If they're delving into "Cosmic Odyssey" in the other JL title, Etrigan was seen as a pivot in that story. And he certainly is a good candidate for hastening the end as likely as he might be to save everyone.

Anyone else....?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-26-2018 at 11:51 AM.