Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I would love it if Andrew Bennett pop up in this. He was my only favorite thing from the New52.
    Your lucky day it seems!

This last issue was great and original. The direct address threw me off at first but i loved it.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quiet here lately, but nice seeing you again…

Did you see that Tynion answered questions over on Twitter a few days ago? No?

Hassan: Love your Justice League Dark. What past DC runs had an influence on the story you are telling?

Tynion: Alan Moore & Steve Bissette's Saga of the Swamp Thing #46-50
    George Perez's Wonder Woman #17-19
    Neil Gaiman & Co's Books of Magic #1-4
    Delano & Rayner's Hellblazer #11

KeevZilla: What’s Abigail Arcane up to?

Tynion: This is a VERY good question.

MikeFitz: Any chance more Shadowpact characters will play a bigger part in JLD? Or Zauriel?

Tynion: Yes.

Sammy: Do you want to do a Constantine solo comic?

Tynion: I did one with Ming Doyle and Riley Rossmo I'm really proud of! But I definitely have more John stories in me.

bobbytries: Do you have any more plans for Khalid Nassour?

Tynion: Yes. I also have long term plans for Kent Nelson.

Tim: When writing for these iconic characters, how do you recognize their comic history, maintain their personalities, and bring your own voice to their stories?

Tynion: I lean on the stories that made me love them, staying true to what I loved about them in those stories.

Cosmicblackdude: Was adding Kirk Langstrom to JLD your decision or was it editorial? I feel like he was forced in due to his association with Batman. His spot could’ve gone to Vixen or Etrigan.

Tynion: Kirk was 10000% my choice.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I disagree with the question about Kurt. Giganta, Dr.13 or Mr. Terrific would be better choices than Vixen or Etrigan.

Kurt should be replaced by a scientist or someone science leaning. They would be an outsider's perspective/foil for the magic leaning characters.

Spectacular Member

Obviously we're gonna see more Shadowpact members. Anyone paying some attention would recognize that he's a fan.
    I'm curious what he plans for Khalid and Kent too.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Giganta.
    I can imagine her reaction to Diana's proposal "Wanna hear a joke? Wonder Woman enter in a bar to recruit one of her rogues in the Justice League. SPLAT."

Now I'm really hoping to see Eve make an appearance.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I'm just incredibly happy to see Papa Midnite again, even if it was brief
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    She already has. She had a minor role in Witching Hour and kept making cameos since.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Me too. She made appearances in earlier issues but they were brief.

I just recently read the first few issues and Witching Hour. Really surprised. I like this title more than I thought I would. I’m a couple of issues behind but about to get caught up. Probably the best thing Tynion has done so far. And if the main Wonder Woman title doesnt pick up, this will be my #1 source to get my WW fix.

The preview for JLD #9 is up! It ends with a pretty good cliffhanger.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Quiet here lately, but nice seeing you again…

Did you see that Tynion answered questions over on Twitter a few days ago? No?
    I'm not actually on twitter so I didn't know this but I appreciate the information! As to the Kirk question I don't think he is out of place and actually works really well, I'm delighted to have confirmation we'll have more of the Shadowpact too.

Some more twitterings.

Alvaro Martínez Bueno shared the recently solicited cover for JLD #12 together with some concept art.

D1us2_1X0AElg4J.jpg

Another is that James Tynion IV shared a short interview on team and ensemble writing (it's clearly meant to push for the seminar he's going to lead later on). In a way, the ideas Tynion espouses there are really shown in the JLD team, but his thoughts on the "Sad Monster" were really interesting in the JLD context.

I mean, the best example in all of comics is The ever-lovin’ Thing from the Fantastic Four. But honestly, I think every team book or ensemble needs a good sad monster. Sad monsters want to embody everything the team stands for, but there is something innate in them that holds that back. Normally, they think it’s the fact that they’re these hideous monsters, but usually it’s something much deeper. Sad monsters help define the thesis of a series by showing their struggle to fight for that core ideal. Even in the most mundane ensemble book, in a world without literal monsters, you want a sad monster character to help you and the readers define the conflict that defines the book.
    Because when you look at the JLD core team, one can make a case that there are no less than four sad monsters!

Swamp Thing is probably the archetypical sad monster of DC lore, and especially in the beginning he was both within and without the team. Man-Bat also has the monstrous appearance, and straddled the line between hero and villain, and in the last few issues he is the one who has been both within and without the team as he comes to understand the Otherkind. Detective Chimp's thing is about all about avoiding facing issues, and the more personal it gets, the more he avoids it. Finally Wonder Woman has her refusal to compromise or work in the shadows.

I really like the team dynamic. When the series was first announced, it looked kind of random to me, I wasn’t sure if it would work or not, but Tynion has done a really good job with all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I really like the team dynamic. When the series was first announced, it looked kind of random to me, I wasn’t sure if it would work or not, but Tynion has done a really good job with all of them.
    Agreed. I wasn't sold on the line-up at first, but now Tynion really made it work.
    I think he's pretty great at team books. His Detective run was very solid for the most part and JLD is even better. It's the flagship DC magic book I've always wanted.
    I only wish JLOdissey could have been the same for DC's cosmic side, but DC botched that.

Love this book!!! Nothing else to add, lol
    #MagnetoWasRight