Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 318
  1. #61
    Mighty Member Jody Garland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,350

    Default

    Adding to the Shadowpact comparisons, I'm pretty sure Chimp is using Nightmaster's sword.

    EDIT: Also, to be clear, the reason I linked the Meso-American/Spaniard mythology to Chimp is because the Fountain of Youth isn't actually part of any mythology, but idiot Spaniards misunderstanding , similar to El Dorado. To attach it to an actual Native Floridian character would be worse, IMO.
    Last edited by Jody Garland; 03-24-2018 at 10:03 PM.

  2. #62
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,233

    Default

    Here's hoping Element Woman/Emily Sung puts in an appearance... I feel like DC created the most fascinating character and then just abandoned her.

  3. #63
    Mighty Member Qwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Adding to the Shadowpact comparisons, I'm pretty sure Chimp is using Nightmaster's sword.

    EDIT: Also, to be clear, the reason I linked the Meso-American/Spaniard mythology to Chimp is because the Fountain of Youth isn't actually part of any mythology, but idiot Spaniards misunderstanding , similar to El Dorado. To attach it to an actual Native Floridian character would be worse, IMO.
    He is. Tynion confirmed it is Jim Rook's sword on twitter
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

    Matt "peace out suckas"

  4. #64
    penetrator of things
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Here's hoping Element Woman/Emily Sung puts in an appearance... I feel like DC created the most fascinating character and then just abandoned her.
    DC seems to do that alot, huh?
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

  5. #65
    God Body DIVINITY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I plan of getting this book.
    +1

    10char
    #StayValiant

  6. #66
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    Oh, I practically knew JLD was coming back and have every plan to read it, the War for Magic could be interesting with how it spins from Metal, and Iíll pick this up for Constantine and Detective Chimp alone

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,680

    Default

    Zatanna’s costume is a little lackluster, but I get what they’re going for.

  8. #68
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,983

    Default

    Martinez and his art team on this book is a huge draw, though I am really sad to lose everyone from Tec.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  9. #69
    BCB 4sake Baned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    2,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Terrible, beyond horrible lineup! A chimp? Man Bat? Da fuq? Lol the New 52 lineup of characters was way better!! Where's Constantine? Deadman? Etrigan? Black Orchid?
    This........

  10. #70
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Given that Tynion IV has yet to let me down I'd be over this anyway but the mention of Dr. Fate (which one is irrelevent) is the icing on the cake!

    Cheers.

    James.

  11. #71
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    This........
    We already covered that Constantine is confirmed to be a member as is Doctor Fate

  12. #72
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Uhg. No fate no buy no read
    Scott Snyder confirmed Fate will be a team member yesterday

  13. #73
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...69618528669696

    So apparently Traci 13 is also going to be in this book, serving as the team's bartender who also makes fun of Chimp.

    This is easily the most interesting thing about the book so far, but still not enough to get me picking it up.

  14. #74
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,832

    Default

    I don't know how adept Tynion is with supernatural/occult topics, but that's what I want from this series. Not just super-heroes fighting monsters and demons; there's plenty of other opportunities in other books for that. I preferred Milligan's original JLD to Lemire's for just that reason.

    Speaking of Milligan, I'd love to see Rac Shade return, but again, not sure Tynion would know what to do with him...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  15. #75
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...69618528669696

    So apparently Traci 13 is also going to be in this book, serving as the team's bartender who also makes fun of Chimp.

    This is easily the most interesting thing about the book so far, but still not enough to get me picking it up.
    ...Why is Traci a bartender? That seems so random .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •