Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Why is Traci a bartender? That seems so random .
    It's that Bourbon Magic :P

BANNED

...Why is Traci a bartender? That seems so random .
    Very much in keeping with the long tradition of Traci doing something completely different every time she appears in a new book.

Hopefully with them both still active, her and Natasha's relationship won't be ignored by this and Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Very much in keeping with the long tradition of Traci doing something completely different every time she appears in a new book.

Hopefully with them both still active, her and Natasha's relationship won't be ignored by this and Titans.
    I'm still wondering if she's ever going to meet Blue Beetle again.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I'm still wondering if she's ever going to meet Blue Beetle again.
    I know I am a shame that Jaime is going into limbo who knows how long before he'll get out is there some sort of top secret plan no one's privy to?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I'm excited. I think DC should always have a mystic team book. Shadowpact is a much better name, but I'll take what I can get.
    Hopefully Black Orchid, Frankenstein and others join. Zero interest in Man-Bat

I really hope they explore ARGUS magic vault

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I don't know how adept Tynion is with supernatural/occult topics, but that's what I want from this series. Not just super-heroes fighting monsters and demons; there's plenty of other opportunities in other books for that. I preferred Milligan's original JLD to Lemire's for just that reason.

Speaking of Milligan, I'd love to see Rac Shade return, but again, not sure Tynion would know what to do with him...
    Surely it can't be as bad as Aaron's Dr. Strange, so there's that.

Although, I do wish that Milligan stayed with JLD longer than he did.
    Him leaving really hurt the book last time as it seems none of the writers following him were prepared for the book as much as he was.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Loving Zatana’s new design and the lineup (Man-Bat and Detective Chimp, so cool). Looking forward to this one.
    Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

I hope they ignore it, but that's only because I'm team Jaime all the way! Loved the Traci/Jaime pairing and I want to see it return.

Anyway that line-up sucks! Get rid of the Chimp, Man-Bat and Wonder Woman. Add in Deadman, Etrigan, Black Orchid, Dr Mist and Constantine! Keep Traci too.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Scott Snyder confirmed Fate will be a team member yesterday
    Thanks Denirac and I'm on board ... hopefully the writers won't remove the helmet when facing a threat, making Fate busy elsewhere.
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Also I would prefer this title to distance itself from the previous Justice League Dark... a name change to Justice League Magic would be more apt, especially with Wonder Woman on the team. The title needs to be more heroic in my opinion.

Also Constantine? Old Johnny needs to bugger back to Vertigo There's no consistency with this character and he always has a trick to get himself out. He's the Batman on the magic world.
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I could see Man-Bat as a member. He has a somewhat Werewolf by Night quality to him.
    He's a sci-fi monster though, not a magic monster. While Swamp Thing does fall into the same category, Swampy has always straddled the line between trippy fantasy horror and sci-fi. Man-Bat has strictly been sci-fi.

JLD needs to pick at least one constant among its members. Either have everyone magic based or magic related or just have sci-fi monsters. Wonder Woman, Detective Chimp and Man-Bat just seems like a random mishmash.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmaniac View Post
    Loving Zatana’s new design and the lineup (Man-Bat and Detective Chimp, so cool). Looking forward to this one.
    I really like Zatanna's design, too. Very classy looking while still a nod to both her Perez outfit (my favorite) and her New52 outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    He's a sci-fi monster though, not a magic monster. While Swamp Thing does fall into the same category, Swampy has always straddled the line between trippy fantasy horror and sci-fi. Man-Bat has strictly been sci-fi.

JLD needs to pick at least one constant among its members. Either have everyone magic based or magic related or just have sci-fi monsters. Wonder Woman, Detective Chimp and Man-Bat just seems like a random mishmash.

Wonder Woman actually falls under magic. Being a child of myth and her weapons are created by magic as well. Out of any of the trinity she should one of who leads the magic side of the DCU. Perfect choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Maybe there's a mystical element to Man-Bat that we don't know of, yet.

Meanwhile, Detective Chimp seems to have turned into a keeper of mystical artifacts. He's now been in the possession of Fate's helmet and Nightmaster's sword.
    Maybe he's a budding occultist.
    And with him staying at the Oblivion Bar, where Traci will probably be, he may just be tagging along unofficially at first.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-25-2018 at 11:44 PM.