Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    He's a sci-fi monster though, not a magic monster. While Swamp Thing does fall into the same category, Swampy has always straddled the line between trippy fantasy horror and sci-fi. Man-Bat has strictly been sci-fi.

JLD needs to pick at least one constant among its members. Either have everyone magic based or magic related or just have sci-fi monsters. Wonder Woman, Detective Chimp and Man-Bat just seems like a random mishmash.
    In Shadowpact, Detective Chimp's ability to speak human language was given a mystical origin. Some kind of connection to the Tower of Babel story.

Which still leaves Man-Bat as the odd man out.

Personally, I'd have used Black Orchid(Alba) and Cheetah in place of Swamp Thing and Man-Bat respectively.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-25-2018 at 11:50 PM.

I4m glad Dc is giving JL dark another shot. On the other hand... Tynion....

I liked how Tynion handled magic in DC YOU Constantine so I'm interested in how he handles magic in this book. I'm hoping the cast is more rotating than set in stone.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-26-2018 at 07:51 AM.

He also wrote a good Zatanna.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    He also wrote a good Zatanna.
    In light of Zatanna returning to her old look I wodner how well this new one is going to sit with the fans? I mean she at least keeps her hat.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Hard pass. And what is Wonder Woman doing on a JL Dark team, other than to help boost interest and sales? She seems TOTALLY out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Hard pass. And what is Wonder Woman doing on a JL Dark team, other than to help boost interest and sales? She seems TOTALLY out of place.
    Well not entirely as Wonder Woman's powers are derived from magic and Justice League Dark are made entirely of magical characters save for oddities like Man-Bat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well not entirely as Wonder Woman's powers are derived from magic and Justice League Dark are made entirely of magical characters save for oddities like Man-Bat.
    I get that her powers are kinda sorta magical in origin, but she doesn't fit the "Dark" aspect of the team. Might as well just put Shazam on the team too, since his powers are magical in origin.

I get that her powers are kinda sorta magical in origin, but she doesn't fit the "Dark" aspect of the team. Might as well just put Shazam on the team too, since his powers are magical in origin.
    I think that's what their kind of going with here forget the dark stuff it's all about the magic. What about Doctor Fate who may or may not be joining?

I get that her powers are kinda sorta magical in origin, but she doesn't fit the "Dark" aspect of the team.
    This is going to sound ruder than I intend, but... so what?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

And he may yet appear there, as he would fit.

JLDark isn't Dark Avengers or Thunderbolts.
    It's Shadowpact or Sentinels of Magic with a Justice League brand name and association.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-26-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    This is going to sound ruder than I intend, but... so what?
    So why call it "Dark" then (especially with her being the team leader)? Call it Justice League Magic, or something.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 03-26-2018 at 11:22 AM.

So why call it "Dark" then (especially with her being the team leader)? Call it Justice League Magic, or something.
    Because "Justice League Dark" is an existing brand, and "Justice League Magic" isn't. I don't get why the "dark" part is such a hangup.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Because "Justice League Dark" is an existing brand, and "Justice League Magic" isn't. I don't get why the "dark" part is such a hangup.
    You are talking about "Justice League Dark" like it is "Justice League International" or something. And no, JUSTICE LEAGUE is the brand and the selling point, not whatever adjective comes after it in the title. So you might as well use an adjective to put behind "Justice League" that makes sense and fits the members who are on that particular team. That's all I was saying. What's so hard to understand and so contentious about that...?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    In light of Zatanna returning to her old look I wodner how well this new one is going to sit with the fans? I mean she at least keeps her hat.
    I think it works better then her original New 52 look did but I don't see it replacing her classic design.