Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have to say, I'll probably skip this one. Not a fan of the team at all.

Love Diana, obviously. Like Zatanna. But Man-Bat is meh (and quite random), I've never really liked Swamp Thing, and Detective Chimp is just too silly even for a fan of silly characters.

One interesting factoid about the Odyssey book: it appears to be confirmed that Darkseid in this book is indeed younger than normal, hence the somewhat slimmer frame outside of just the new costume. Its also said this current look is a result of the story in Wonder Woman. This suggests to me that the endgame to the WW story will involve some, but not all, of the Old God essence that he has been collecting being lost to him. I'd also strongly be willing to bet that in losing this essence, life will be returned to some of the killed characters. Mainly Zeus and Hercules.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

What inspired you to add Wonder Woman, a character mostly associated with the hopeful and more superhero side of magic and mythology, to a team with members that are mostly known for their use of and/or association to dark arcane magic?

JAMES TYNION IV: There are two answers to that question... One comes right out of how you phrased the question. What IS the relationship between the godly/mythic magical DC Universe, and the dark, creepy monstrous DC Universe (And what figures walk between the two?)... The other is that when you have a cast of characters who live in the shadows, the horror of it all can be more distant. Bringing in a character who literally operates in a gleaming Hall of Justice helps draw out the horror... Her bright light casts heavier shadows. And she is NOT prepared for what lurks inside those shadows.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...54l/?context=3
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-05-2018 at 12:23 PM.

I like the way Wonder Woman is drawn, and that she goes seriously all-in for battle by getting a spear. I also think his answer to the question about Diana's presence of the team shows a strong handle of storytelling dynamics.

But why is Zatanna running around in her underwear?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

What inspired you to add Wonder Woman, a character mostly associated with the hopeful and more superhero side of magic and mythology, to a team with members that are mostly known for their use of and/or association to dark arcane magic?

JAMES TYNION IV: There are two answers to that question... One comes right out of how you phrased the question. What IS the relationship between the godly/mythic magical DC Universe, and the dark, creepy monstrous DC Universe (And what figures walk between the two?)... The other is that when you have a cast of characters who live in the shadows, the horror of it all can be more distant. Bringing in a character who literally operates in a gleaming Hall of Justice helps draw out the horror... Her bright light casts heavier shadows. And she is NOT prepared for what lurks inside those shadows.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...54l/?context=3

OOOO I like, and that is some good storytelling with that art. Can't wait to read it.
    Richard Alexander