Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Zero interest on the line up. Darkseid on a team just feels wrong to me. Darkseid should be the ultimate evil, by nature, nurture and choice he is Evil, he also should be always treated as a god, not just some bad guy that the league can work with.

This tittle have a line up that don't appeal to me, a premisse that I don't find interesting and apparently kind of misuse a character.

But Williamson is one of my favorite writers on comics, I loved Nailbiter, Birthright is one of the best things coming out of Image and he made me read The Flash for the first time. Plus Sejic brought a new life to Aquaman and made Atlantis look very cool. So even if the idea of this comic isn't something that I like, the creative team behind it alone, is enough to make me try.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Let me tell you why designated B titles don't sell.

Because it's hard as hell to sell an A title!

So how much harder is it to sell a designated B title?
    People buy more than one comic. Why are u saying this is a B title? Justice League can support multiple books if they are good.

And why are you so concerned if a book ranks 18th or 75th on the top 100?

Williamson stated that the relationship between Darkseid and Cyborg will be similar to Hannibal Lecter and Will Graham in the book/movie Red Dragon. both mentally sparring with each other because they each need something that the other possesses. there's a good chance that Darkseid wants the Mother Box that powers Cyborg.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    People buy more than one comic. Why are u saying this is a B title? Justice League can support multiple books if they are good.

They've designated Justice League as the "flagship title." If the two B titles in the line sell well, that's great. Maybe they will. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post

Exactly.

I bet if a thousand people were asked, "What would make you buy Green Arrow?", you'd get a wide range of answers, such as...

"If it was less like the show"
    "If it was more like the show"
    "If it was cheaper"
    "If so-and-so was writing it"
    "If so-and-do was drawing it"
    "If he was a current Leaguer"
    "If they relaunched it with a new #1"
    "If he was more like the Grell version"
    "If he was less like the Grell version"
    "If Black Canary was in it more"
    "If he was free from Black Canary"
    "If he got a new costume"
    "If he went back to his old costume"
    "If he had cool cover art"
    "I don't like the character, so I'd never buy it"
    "I do like the character, but not that much. My budget is already tight"
    "I do like the character and already am buying it, regardless of quality"
    "I do like the character but refuse to buy it until it lines up with what I personally think is best"
    "Is Batman appearing in it?"

And almost none of these mention the direction of the comic, itself.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Well that’s a sweet lineup. Really interested in seeing Darkseid’s role in all of it though. And the creative team is legit. I’m there.
    Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Kind of agreed. I mean, when I saw Darkseid in the promo image, I thought for a second that Ronan the Accuser had jumped universes.

Hopefully Sejic can render Darkseid better in future issues.
    sadly darkseid is done with some baggage. i am a massive fan of the classic darkseid but the current version is a carry over from events of wonder woman story arc. so we are dealing with a young darkseid. and so we went through a long design process.

funny thing is initially i didn't know they already had a young darkseid shown in WW so my first designs considered the fact that neither orion nor yuga khan had blue rocky skin so i thought , maybe this was something that happened to him in his life. so there were vastly different darkseid takes for this young version. actually had hair at some point and had a more of a classic looking helmet design on some but the final choice on the design in these things is not for the artist to make.

they picked the one they liked and i'll work with that.

i find it a fun challenge

ds2.jpg
    Last edited by nebezial; 03-25-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    sadly darkseid is done with some baggage. i am a massive fan of the classic darkseid but the current version is a carry over from events of wonder woman story arc. so we are dealing with a young darkseid. and so we went through a long design process.

funny thing is initially i didn't know they already had a young darkseid shown in WW so my first designs considered the fact that neither orion nor yuga khan had blue rocky skin so i thought , maybe this was something that happened to him in his life. so there were vastly different darkseid takes for this young version. actually had hair at some point and had a more of a classic looking helmet design on some but the final choice on the design in these things is not for the artist to make.

ds2.jpg
    Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post, sir. I appreciate the effort you've put into the design and seeing some of your sketches here, I've actually started to warm up to it. I am excited to see what you bring to the title when its on the stands.

Spectacular Member

also, my big ticket item with him will be to try and bring in the performance. kinda do the heath ledger joker thing where you see him the first time in images and you're like, really that's it?

but then you see the performance and go, damn!

hopefully i pull it off XD

ds2.jpg
    I really dig that design, personaly, especially his displeased face to the right... and now, I would really like to see you render (young) Darkseid, with Myrina and their daughter Grail, just to see you flexing your muscles .

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Darkseid doesn't look good.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I disagree. I think Darkseid looks fantastic, but different.

Mr Seijic, is there any way that we could see the unchosen designs or the design sheets for the other team members?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Darkseid doesn't look good.
    y u gotta do him like dis tho?

khkhkj.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I disagree. I think Darkseid looks fantastic, but different.

Mr Seijic, is there any way that we could see the unchosen designs or the design sheets for the other team members?
    definitely, but only after first issue is out.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

definitely, but only after first issue is out.
    Awesome, I'm looking forward to it!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey